Social What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?

When you said

I didn't take that to mean that you'd mistaken someone else's comment for something you thought I'd said. I took it to mean

So I thought there was still some comment that you thought I'd made, and you were just telling me it wasn't that one you'd been referring to.

If you word your posts ambiguously, in ways that can be misinterpreted, you're bound to cause confusion.
5043a7e9d981eed12da4233f5c94f8aa.gif

abe-simpson.gif

jumping off the roof onto the lawn was fun and cool when i was 12 and wouldnt get hurt

now it would be stupid and i would get very hurt

checking out hot highschool girls was cool when i was that age or under
but its not cool now

i had to stop when i turned 40 :)

I think being in a band is viewed as significantly less cool now than it used to be. Cigarettes definitely. Being able to really party used to be cool but I think that's super out of style.

Words i would love to mention but will get me banned.

The fact that anyone could get banned for saying certain words is one of the reasons why I would never wanna be a mod here.
Everyday there seems to be a new offensive word that was an acceptable word when i was a kid. Some of these words are in the dictionary.

Getting arrested for being drunk in public.

seriously growing up I would hear the N word so much. Same people were leading the SJW charge years later.

Yup, because it's not about what you actually believe it's about looking cool and "with it", which is why I fucking hate posers.

Back