What was your COVID Twilight Zone moment?

I wouldnt call it a Twilight Zone moment but when the lockdown was first announced here in the Bay Area(3 weeks to flatten the curve) I went to the grocery store to do my weekly Friday afternoon shopping and when I walked in I noticed a long line in the produce section
I wasnt paying attention so I just figured the meat counter was backed up or something and continue to shop
When I got to the middle of the store I realized it wasnt for the meat counter and this long ass line that was snaking through each and every aisle was actually for the checkout registers all the way on the other side of the store!
I abandoned my full cart and left the store
Got up early Saturday morning to try again and the lines were all the way down the block at 6 am, thats when I realized shit was boutta get ugly
Thankfully we flattened that curve in 3 weeks and everything went back to normal
Bless you, Gavin Newsom

Watching most of the city shut down and everyone staying at home, while I drove to work. I work in a hospital and my department never shut down. Traffic was great during this time. What sucks is that I never got the weeks or months off that many got to enjoy.

Going to store and seeing the entire massive row of toilet paper isle sold out was crazy. I still have the picture.

Seeing small businesses shut down while big stores like Lowes were jam packed and open as normal.

Finding out how many experts there were in the War room on Sherdog. They have all the answers and can advise you on all things Covid related. They would have in fact done a better job handling the whole thing given the chance.

I wouldnt call it a Twilight Zone moment but when the lockdown was first announced here in the Bay Area(3 weeks to flatten the curve) I went to the grocery store to do my weekly Friday afternoon shopping and when I walked in I noticed a long line in the produce section
I wasnt paying attention so I just figured the meat counter was backed up or something and continue to shop
When I got to the middle of the store I realized it wasnt for the meat counter and this long ass line that was snaking through each and every aisle was actually for the checkout registers all the way on the other side of the store!
I abandoned my full cart and left the store
Got up early Saturday morning to try again and the lines were all the way down the block at 6 am, thats when I realized shit was boutta get ugly
Thankfully we flattened that curve in 3 weeks and everything went back to normal
Bless you, Gavin Newsom
I remember seeing photos from CALI where they had Outdoor dining but enclosed it with Indoor bubble structures....shit was hilarious

I remember walking into the hospital for a doctor's visit because I had shingles and my local hospital which was supposedly over ran with sick and dying patients was a ghost town. I've never seen it so empty. I guess everyone was dead?

Luckily I survived because I was inhaling air around my loosely fitting surgical mask.

Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa, very densely populated, and a massive commerce hub. Do you think the virus somehow wasn't able to spread on shipping vessels? Believe it or not, tourism isn't the only reason that people travel the globe.

Correlation is not causation. The only valid way to determine whether the vaccines worked is by using comparator groups. There are plenty of countries with extremely low vaccination rates, and there was simply no cataclysm in these countries.

There is no basis to suggest that African data is "less accurate" than the west. To the contrary, there is extremely good reason to believe that the western numbers significantly over-exaggerated COVID-19 deaths by classifying anyone who died "with" COVID-19 as a COVID-19 death.

Assuming death rates fell in the west following the implementation of vaccines, there are many other rational explanations for this. The fall in deaths could have been caused by:

1) Early waves of COVID-19 disproportionately killed off the most vulnerable people, leaving less vulnerable people to die during subsequent waves; and
2) Subsequent variants of COVID-19 were objectively less lethal.

First study / hindsight I googled. I'll read some more. Sure it goes through the issues of unhealthy people being the most susceptible... fair point... but also talks about the importance of the vaccine. Maybe we could all read some papers and learn from the scientific / medical experts?

Living in the hague and seeing people encouraging the mass murder of disabled people on TV. Being in a group chat for international law students enforcing dystopian dictatorships. Western. Governments praising China for harsh lockdowns. Being on the disability network on my school and being unable to get anyone to look out for disabled people because they wanted to fight about masks. Being admitted to the a and e on the day the lockdown started, being told by emegency services that there were 200 people infront of me on the phone. having to argue with the ambulance driver to get access then arriving and seeing absolutely nothing happening in the hospital. Being told by the gp that manages most of the hagues diplomats that he doesnt speak engllish and netherlands in cloaed to foreigners
Student tenants using the pandemic to bully others into cleaning. I ran out of toilet paper on the day of the lockdown then everyone started buying toilet paper. It was annoying as fuck.

Last edited:
For me it's still ongoing. It's several people I know who are now on their 6th or 7th jab, who continue to catch covid at least once a year and always "feel worse than I ever have" each time. Their immune systems have been so hopelessly damaged by these repeated jabs that they can't fend off anything anymore.

For me it's still ongoing. It's several people I know who are now on their 6th or 7th jab, who continue to catch covid at least once a year and always "feel worse than I ever have" each time. Their immune systems have been so hopelessly damaged by these repeated jabs that they can't fend off anything anymore.
We got a Branch Covidian at work and his "Boosters" have been "Boosted" and he's had the Wuhan Flu so many times in fact he called out today because he tested positive....Who the hell is still testing anyways...laughing.

Last edited:
Bike rides through Manhattan with no one around. I went through Time's Square and it looked like the opening of Vanilla Sky.

Had a traveling job when it hit, and seeing people in gas masks, folks physically fighting in convenience stores while arguing things they didn’t understand, and acting like you had to wear a mask on a huge field if someone was 500 feet away. Knew we went off the deep end. Got some really good laughs out of it all, so that’s something.

And to be clear, I think it’s very real. Just we jumped the shark over here with all the mandates and such.

nothing really since no shot down here.
Sure people (white color) worked from home is possible,
Best thing was people keeping distance when standing in line.
I hate when people stand too close to me. Fuck em

Everything during the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" era was hilarious but just watching so many people blindly comply to such nonsense all in the name of virtue signaling and fear was actually scary...and just watching so many people actually walk around with those useless face blankeys on.
I hope one day when you’re walking outside a bird shits in your mouth.

Had a traveling job when it hit, and seeing people in gas masks, folks physically fighting in convenience stores while arguing things they didn’t understand, and acting like you had to wear a mask on a huge field if someone was 500 feet away. Knew we went off the deep end. Got some really good laughs out of it all, so that’s something.

And to be clear, I think it’s very real. Just we jumped the shark over here with all the mandates and such.
Yeah Covid is real saying it isn't would be like saying influenza isn't real but the Governments overreach was insane and they blew it way out of proportion. It was just sad to watch all the people blindly comply and to watch local governments destroy peoples businesses. I'm lucky I live in the south and life was pretty normal as they knew we weren't gonna comply to a lot of the nonsense like forced masking and school closures.

Back