What's the best 'Tarantino' movie ever?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
You have to convince your friend that Quentin Tarantino has made great and epic movies in the past. What movie would you suggest him to watch first to make him a fan?

C5JEWJQWMAAlxfd.jpg

Pulp Fiction.

But that’s also my favourite movie of his so I’m biased.

Pulp fiction although i must admit I've never seen true romance. Reservoir dogs, inglorious bastards, and django are all close. I didn't like kill bill at all.

Pulp Fiction.

Reservoir Dogs is close.

Haven't watched either in a long time though.

You have to convince your friend that Quentin Tarantino has made great and epic movies in the past. What movie would you suggest him to watch first to make him a fan?

C5JEWJQWMAAlxfd.jpg

Why does that say “written and directed” by Quentin Tarantino when he didn’t direct several of those movies? It should say “written and/or directed”.

Why does that say “written and directed” by Quentin Tarantino when he didn’t direct several of those movies? It should say “written and/or directed”.

Yeah that’s annoying.

3.75 of those movies were not written & directed by QT

Jackie Brown is my favorite, but he didn’t write that one if I’m not mistaken.

I’d say Pulp Fiction followed by the Kill Bill volumes in terms of ‘best’

Inglorious Basterds and Pulp Fiction are about equal for different reasons.

"Inglorious Basterds" is his most mature and well rounded flick. An artist firing on all cylinders, and putting everything he's learned over the years into one project. A perfect film.

"Pulp Fiction" is his most groundbreaking film.

I’d love to see some team ups between he, Fincher, and the Coen bros

"Inglorious Basterds" is his most mature and well rounded flick. An artist firing on all cylinders, and putting everything he's learned over the years into one project. A perfect film..

I feel like Jackie Brown is this flick more than Basterds

I’d love to see some team ups between he, Fincher, and the Coen bros

Adding to this.. Tarantino writing a crime drama with Fincher directing or the Coens writing/producing with QT directing.

Would be awesome to see how those visions unfolded.

I feel like Jackie Brown is this flick more than Basterds

I've never been a big fan of "Jackie Brown". It's good, but I think it's praise a little overblown by the people who rate it so highly. I find it to be a little uneven and bland. Of his work, I'd probably only put it a notch above "Death Proof". A significant notch though, as "Death Proof" is as bad as Tarantino gets. If I were to rate them in tiers, it would go:

Tier 1:

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Basterds

Tier 2

Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful 8
Kill Bill

Tier 3:

Django
Jackie Brown

Shit Tier:

Death Proof

1. Pulp fiction ( I actually had to your scenario T.S. With my wife and she is not American and at the time her English was still struggling with conversational English so QT dialogue was kind of a nightmare for her. She also hates violent movies and movies with blood and guts at all. That being said she laughed when Marvin got shot in his face, and the hillbillies had a hoe down.)
2. Inglorious basterds
3. Kill bill series
4. Django
5. Jackie Brown
6. Reservoir dogs ( now I didn’t put this because I think it deserves to be last. But according to T.S. For this test I think it comes last being that it is a little dated and doesn’t quite get the distorted story going as well as pulp. Watching it in 2018 as a complete QT neophyte might be a little much but if you throw it in the mix after familiarizing yourself it is amazing especially when Michael Madsen joins the mix.)

Adding to this.. Tarantino writing a crime drama with Fincher directing or the Coens writing/producing with QT directing.

Would be awesome to see how those visions unfolded.
I would like to see a sin city like mash up of semi interrrealted pulpy crime stories by each director building up to a bigger picture.

inglorious was basically a love letter to jollywood, over the top violence coupled with rambling dialogue i dont understand how anyone can rank this boring movie over jackie brown

Back