What's the best 'Tarantino' movie ever?

My favorite is Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Best is Pulp Fiction.

Sometimes, to appreciate a movie, you have to have an open mind going into the film, instead of reminding yourself how hyped the film was.
sometimes you have to understand not everyone is going to like your favorite film

I’d have to say pulp fiction but I coincidentally just saw hateful 8 again... it’s really good

Pulp Fiction has to be the best one but my favourite is Inglourious Basterds. IB is also probably my favourite movie in general though.

Audience_1.jpg

Desperado.
lol

Pulp Fiction is a very, very good film and is on a tier of its own.

The rest are entertaining movies and he gets away with a lot because he's Tarantino.

1) Reservoir Dogs
2) Pulp Fiction
3) Hateful 8

I remember thinking Jackie Brown was dull, but given all the praise in this thread, would be willing to revisit it.

Pulp fiction although i must admit I've never seen true romance. Reservoir dogs, inglorious bastards, and django are all close. I didn't like kill bill at all.
I enjoyed kill bill when it first came out. I watched it again a couple of years ago and to me it didn’t age all that well.

Dogs and True Romance. Man, I really, really wish he got to direct True Romance.

I enjoyed kill bill when it first came out. I watched it again a couple of years ago and to me it didn’t age all that well.

I like weird stylized movies like sin city and shit i just found kill bill terrible. To be fair i dont recall the 2nd one though just the first so maybe i like that one more.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill Vol 1
3. Django Unchained
4. Hateful 8
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Kill Bill Vol 2
7. Inglorious Basterds
8. Death Proof

*Jackie Brown - haven’t seen this in almost 20 years, barely remember it, not sure where to rank it

2 and 3 could be interchangeable, 4 to 6 could all be interchangeable

Django Unchained would have been much better if Jamie Foxx were not in the movie.

It's simple: When Tarantino went away from realistic movies that contained everyday life dialoges that people could relate to (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) his movies became shitty. And while Kill Bill was still good material, it certainly had nothing to do with reality.

People who dislike Tarantino in general always criticized his movies for being nonsense ... but from Kill Bill he started to take it way too far.

It's simple: When Tarantino went away from realistic movies that contained everyday life dialoges that people could relate to (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) his movies became shitty. And while Kill Bill was still good material, it certainly had nothing to do with reality.

People who dislike Tarantino in general always criticized his movies for being nonsense ... but from Kill Bill he started to take it way too far.

Honestly I felt Jackie Brown showed the weakness of this style, people like to talk it up as his most underrated film but for me its probably his most overrated. It just feels like Pulp Fiction revisited with diminishing returns and shows that his style isn't well suited to gangster epics the way Marty was.

Up until Hateful Eight its true he never really made a film that held together quite as well as his early work but still I think he was moving in the right direction to carry on testing himself and besides Death Proof I think all those films have excellent material in them. To ignore that simply because thet use more overt genre cinema is I think a bit simplistic.

Bastards Is the most “polished” of all his films. IMO it’s Tarantino’s grandest movie but Pulp Fiction is still his best. It was game changing cinema. Had cultural impact and all that.

Back