Whats wrong with Kron ?

He kinda seems like a douche. There was a video of him interacting with Cejudo and Cejudo was being friendly, not even taunting him or anything and he said he won't sign autographs with Cejudo there. Then his whole attitude with the media was crap too. He needs to open up a BJJ gym and sell training CDs.
bro the future is DVD's ive heard.

I would have thought Rickson would have stayed close after his firstborn son died.

Nope. Kron did an interview in 2014 where he explained it all. People have this misconception that Kron is Rickson's protege. The reality is, Kron says Rickson has trained with him less than 100 times in his whole life, and most of that was when he was a little kid.

Rickson abandoned his marriage and his family in the U.S. Kron has resented him because of that for a long time.

Even after Kron made a name for himself in BJJ tournaments, and Rickson started contacting him again, he still got empty promises and Rickson not being there for him.

You can read about it here:

Vice.com: Kron Gracie on Jiu-Jitsu, Skateboarding, Older Brothers and Famous Fathers

"My mom and my dad have had a tough marriage and he stuck with it for the kids, until he thought I was ready to be on my own. Right when he felt that moment, he left," Kron says.

"It was literally overnight and he was like, 'Well I'm outta here and I'm going back to Brazil.' I was decent at jiu-jitsu at the time but I was still just a kid. I was really upset. I was thinking that he should be here supporting me and teaching me lessons and doing all these things for me and making sure my hip movements were right.

I had nobody to turn to. All I had were my students and my training partners. So I just trained. Up until last year I had resentment. He could have made me so much better."

Kron looks out over the beach. "But then it just clicked for me: My dad is not ever going to be my coach again," he says. "I was still expecting him to come train with me before Worlds every year. He would call me and be like, 'Oh I'll come train.' He would show up a week before, say, 'Whatsup' to me, disappear, and then show up right at the time of my fight."

Last edited:
The truth is, the great Rickson Gracie is a bad parent. He shirked his responsibilities as a father.

As a result, Kron has become something of a lost soul. Highly unlikely he will ever compete again, in MMA or BJJ.

The Gracie clan has many sad family stories like this. Broken relationships.

Look at what happened between Rorion Gracie and his sons, Rener and Ryron. There is a reason they never talk about each other anymore.

Last edited:
Kron looks like he's in his head a lot, probably a guy overly critical of himself. Don't know him personally obviously, but just based on observation from his interviews and that last fight he just had.

A lot of younger people these days have no social skills as they are constantly on social media/gaming etc, Kron seems to be an example of this.

His whole attitude was just negative vibes all the way through the leadup to this fight. I was rooting for him all the way but wow he just has this whatever type stick going on. Is it depression or personal problems ? It's like he was just going in to fight just to fight and get it over with and honestly I felt so bad watching him it was unbearable.
I don’t know the guy, or pretend to know his thoughts.

What you described in the OP could be a classic case. Let’s say..

You were born into a family with a long line of professionals, or Trades, or whatever .. Doctors, lawyers, cops, military, plumber, etc.

Without it even being said. Some people just assume that you are going to join the family “business”. But you really don’t like the “business” at all. Yet you voluntarily, or perhaps are pushed a little into doing something you don’t really want to do.

A person that really hates their job USUALLY doesn’t do well at it. As opposed to doing something you really want to do.

Just sayin.

funny-butt-scoot-dog-gif-11.gif

I never would have expected a son of Rickson Gracie to be like this. Doesn't help that this one is his spitting image.

He strikes me as someone who has a lot of issues. It’s probably due to the whole stepping in a big man’s shoes syndrome mixed with the fact he’s probably not satisfied with where he is in his life, he mentioned on embedded something regarding needing money so he can train, which probably means he can’t dedicate him self to the sport and keep up with his expenses. Truth of the matter is if he wasn’t a Gracie no one would even takkkng about him and probably realizes that.

This. I think he either a bit forced to (or more likely he's just lazy and decided to) use the Gracie style/name/attitude from the 1990s. Trying to show Gracie BJJ can beat all other styles. Problem is there arent really styles anymore. Its all MMA

The Diaz brothers and Kron don't consider the UFC real fighting.

Real fighting doesn't involve so many rules and 5 minute rounds.

Would the Diaz bros ever lose without rules and no time limit? (In their prime)

His whole attitude was just negative vibes all the way through the leadup to this fight. I was rooting for him all the way but wow he just has this whatever type stick going on. Is it depression or personal problems ? It's like he was just going in to fight just to fight and get it over with and honestly I felt so bad watching him it was unbearable.
I could take the attitude fine. The butt-scooting?? Seriously?

For a guy who considers himself manly or a tough guy, MUCH LESS a professional fighter, to find himself chasing a man by dragging his ass, literally his ass, across a cage, with millions of ppl watching (mostly for free, ASSHOLES!), is mind-boggling.

How can he be ok with that. Wouldn't standing and being KO'd be a more honourable, honest, and self-respecting approach? Or get a job doing something else you feel capable of, no? Butt-scooting? In 2023?

That was way worse than his attitude, which I consider his business. His butt-scooting becomes all of our businesses and it's not ok!

"Kron, if you're out there, let me see you dance.... you said you was funky, c'mon!"

And his name backwards is "Nork" - what kind of name is that??

Back