When does it become too much? Re: wmma fights on one card

Almost as many if not more than the men you say?

13 fights total, only 5 are wmma

Even as a hater, you have to admit that every one of those fights are good on paper.

They are definitely not

There's gonna be a bunch of triggered Sherdoggers in June and July!

"You're a bigot" stuff aside, Shevchenko is a fighter who should not be considered "another wmma fighter".

She has one the best skillsets in MMA, imo. She really only lost to Amanda because of size and range management by Nunes.

Sadly she will be remembered as the girl who spun around. I think she is an incredible martial artist, worth the price of admission. I'd watch 10 girls like that.

The answer is one. One is too much.

If two women of of similar skill level get after it, it can be just as good of a fight as the men.

There's been plenty of "fan favorites" among the men that are some of the least talented fighters in the org.

I’m indifferent . I just will play on my phone

I like my wMMA like how I like my wNBA and that is separate from the male's.

We need some tranny manlets to go into wmma and run that shit. Show them what real athletes can do.

I group them with all the other matches I find uninteresting and tune in accordingly.

Is this another one of those male sjw threads where you guys get upset because "womenz are in my fighting"?

i'm on board with ya here but "sjw"* is categorically different from "icels". in fact undersexed right wing pussies like incels speak of sjws and call everyone cucks and shit like that.

* in other words, the people called sjw tend to be left leaning, feminist, etc. so they wouldn't be complaining about women or wmma. that'd be the incel pussies doing that.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at with this. Are you saying women can't fight because they are to fragile? Why are you allowing men to risk their health but not women.

I was excited at first because I thought you were going to actually give me a reason but instead it still came down to "they are women".

You don't like the sport, its not that you don't like wmma. You only like the biggest and best fights there are. You are a casual.

It's okay if its not your thing, but the idea that just because you don't like it we should start limiting the amount of fights females get is borderline retarded.

The first part was my response to your statement regarding a non-incel response to not liking MMA (you seemed to be referring to MMA as a whole). That was what you asked for. I feel I gave you one. It had nothing to do with the thread topic per se, but it was what you asked for.

I stated I don't like WMMA because they are less athletic, technical, powerful etc in comparison to male fighters. The overwhelming majority of WMMA fights go to pitter-pat decisions and it just isn't a brand of fighting I find entertaining at all. It's not "cuz they're women", it's cuz the majority of them are noticeably worse at fighting than the men. Those were my reasons! I can't bring myself to sacrifice the most precious of all commodities to watch something that just isn't that good. When the females can consistently put on good fights, I'll watch, as I did for Ronda, Gina, and Cyborg (Nunes is up there in terms of talent and killer instinct, but I just ain't a fan of hers). As it stands right now, WMMA is hot garbage and not for me, not because they're women but because I can watch something far better and more enjoyable in MMMA (not sure if that's an accepted abbreviation yet, but it should be).

And now you call me a casual! My stars, young man, you have no earthly idea what you speak of! I have been a fan of MMA since '93 and a lifelong martial artist. I never miss an event and stay up to date on the latest goings on in the sport... and have since the late-90's! I was a fan long before it was cool and have seen various waves of noobs come across these forums, from TUF to Brock to Conor McG fanboys and I have had no issue riding out their trash threads to converse with the precious few who get MMA and want to discuss it. My passion for MMA is the same now as it was when I was a young 'un. I get excited for quality fights, not the big name matchups (unless they're good, relevant encounters). I am as far from a casual as you can get, amigo.

I'm simply voicing my opinion (shared by the majority of people on this board by the way) that we would rather not watch WMMA. I dare say the majority of MMA fans would prefer not to have WMMA in its present form in the UFC now that the Ronda era has passed away and the novelty factor has worn off. It's not just a case of me not liking it; I have quite literally never met another MMA fan, casual or not, who cares about WMMA, save for a very few on these boards. I would rather see more male fighters get tv time, fights, and exposure in the UFC and for people like yourself we can move the ladies over to Invicta and have that separation. I'm well aware that it would be a PR nightmare for the UFC to scrap their women's divisions but I'd like to see WMMA heavily curtailed due to it being an inferior product. It is in no way retarded to voice your opinion on any subject so long as you're willing to defend it. The fact that a significant number of fans agree with me could lead to it being considered if we let the UFC brass know that this is just not our thing. WMMA is here to stay, but I don't have to like it, watch it, or remain silent on the fact that I'd rather not see it in the UFC.

Is how I see it, anyways.

Give us a non incel reason for hating mma.

You mean WMMA I assume. Heres a couple:

The athleticism on display is nowhere near the level of mens mma.
The skill level on display is nowhere near the level of mens mma.
The power on display is nowhere near the level of mens mma.
The excitement/entertainment level on display is nowhere near the level of mens mma.

For anyone with properly functioning eyeballs and whos being completely honest, its easy to see why a lot of people would dislike WMMA, especially when the cards are becoming increasingly more filled with them.

They should prolly just have contenders have twerk-offs for title shots on the prelims and have title shots at the bottom of the main card every 4th card

There's 8 male division and 3 female divisions.
5/13 >> 3/11>> 80/600
WMMA is overrepresented on this card, and tbh you should take under consideration number of fighters. It even looks worse when you compare number of female fighters to male.

NO_WMMA.jpg

Sherdog should get into the T-shirt business and make those!

---

I have the luxury of fastforwarding the fights so it's not really a problem since the events tend to be long enough anyway.

Should be about quality fights, if the female fighters are junk throw them in undercard, wmma will get better

There are more shitty male fighters than shitty female fighters. You judge male divisons by the greats, and you judge the female divisons by the worst. You are not being fair in your assessment at all.

Quality over quantity! The most boring female fighters are worse than the most boring male ones.

Nah, all 5 fights this weekend are good on paper.

Even one of the most mismatched, non-competitive title fights in company history?

Back