Which champion lost his belt in the most humiliating fashion ?

Doesn't get more embarrassing than this..
032916-UFC-Jon-Jones-Mugshot.vadapt.664.high.59.jpg
lol

Apparently 'most embarrassing' here means things that have happened in the last year or so.

I'm not sure how Rousey losing to an undefeated fighter and powerhouse like Holm is embarrassing, no matter how much people dislike the fighter or the absurd hype.

Aldo, possibly, but losing to a quick KO isnt really the most embarrassing thing either.

For overall embarrassment, its got to be GSP/Serra. I respect Serra, but you have to look at that fight in historical perspective to understand. GSP, who had been murking people ever since his loss to Hughes, in a fight in his home town, taps to strikes against a reality show winner and realistically a lightweight who had once been washed out of the UFC by Shonie Carter. A reality show where the other winner didnt even bother to make weight in his title fight. That's embarrassing. Apparently enough that after GSP beat Serra in the rematch he became a completely different fighter.

Honorable mention would be the Ortiz/Couture fight where Randy literally spanks Tito's ass, but I cant remember if that was for the title.
If my memory serves me correctly,Tito was champ and Randy was interim---it was UFC forty something...

have to say Aldo, he had no chance.

followed by GSP losing to Serra.

aldo

so much buildup and talking and then the fight ends in 13 seconds

in terms of dominating, shogun vs jones

It's between Ronda(Holly) and Anderson(Weidman1) for sure.

After those, Aldo(Conor).

If my memory serves me correctly,Tito was champ and Randy was interim---it was UFC forty something...

Then your memory of those years serves you much better than my memory of those years. I've got no idea what year it was or which UFC and at first I remembered it as Couture/Belfort 2 but then I remembered Randy was spanking Tito because he was still in his punk lil shit phase.

Yeah, that's got to be embarrassing in a title fight then. Need that gif around too.

Well this is a tough one.

Franklin was indeed outclassed, but since he did everything he could, I don't think he got humiliated. Aldo got humiliated more by the shit talking than for the fight itself, he got caught, nothing you can do about it. I would say Werdum got humiliated, with all the faces and everything, going forward so desperately, getting KO'ed that hard in front of Brazil.

I gotta go with TJ/Barao.

Barao had nearly cleared the division and I'm not even sure if TJ was top 10 when he got his title shot

I think the way Jones put a beating on Shogun was pretty humiliating too. I know I was in utter shock.

Ronda loosing to Holly. Nothing will get close to it.

When two fighters go out and one is outclassed atleast they did the best of their abilities nothing humiliating about that.

Paulo Filhos unofficial title loss to Sonnen was humiliating.

It's aldo and it's not even close. Women's mma is still in the stone ages losses like rondas are gonna happen a lot. Getting knocked out by the first punch thrown by a guy who spent the better part of a year mentally decimating you telling you the first shot and it's over. Then the exact same thing he said would happen happened. Nothing more humiliating.

The most humiliation was Tapping to strikes. as talented as a man might be thats just cowardly.

Conor beating the so called p4p goat in 13 seconds ..... up there also. But tapping to strikes you need to hold ur head in shame rest of life if ur a,fighter.
1. You're despicable. Shogun took a terrible beating. You call him a coward. I hope you choke to death on your young.

2. The ref called the fight before Shogun tapped.

3. Go back to your hairy teeted mother, you rat.

Back