Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

• Total voters
Don't forget, Shogun tapped also <JonesLaugh>

Sometimes I wonder if Shogun regretted the tapping: Shogun basically tapped while the ref was stepping in to stop the fight, so it turned out that he didn't actually had to tap.

And we all know that tapping to strikes is frowned upon. Not only by fans, but at least to some extend by the fighters, too.

Too bad you didn't put Rashad Evans in the list, because I must say I was really impressed back then. Rashad had just outwrestled Phil Davis who was supposed to be the better wrestler in the UFC at the time, put Jones just completely shut down any of his offense.
I also recall seeing Jones starch Glover's arm during the clinch and thinking that this guy was really a genius at fighting.

Sometimes I wonder if Shogun regretted the tapping: Shogun basically tapped while the ref was stepping in to stop the fight, so it turned out that he didn't actually had to tap.

And we all know that tapping to strikes is frowned upon. Not only by fans, but at least to some extend by the fighters, too.
He has tapped a couple times since to strikes. He understands when he's beaten.

For me it's gus 2. To that point he was the only one who showed any promise against Jones, and although time had passed for both men and there was still the sense that gus could present those same problems a second time around.

Jones murdered him the second time and it wasn't close. It was at that point I knew Jones was not only the undisputed GOAT, but that'd he'd never suffer a relevant loss in his career. Dude is a fuckin jackal but his talent and body of work is top tier

Hitting that pregnant lady and taking off running with his weed stash.
Weed Stash.... that's too low brow for Jon.... As Daniel Cormier made reference to, The reason he needs Dick Pills is due to all the coke he's snorting...

Can we please add the two alternatives: "USADA" and "The US justice system" beacuse it impressed the hell out of me that he isn't in jail and was allowed to continue competing.

Shogun is a legend but he was coming off knee surgery if I remember correctly, Dc is an all time great who was entering the height of his powers snd Jones beat him convincingly

Suprised to see many go with Shogun but fair enough he did make him tap, although many should know his body was absolutely shot by the that time in his career.

I had to give Jones props for the first Gus win, maybe the first time in his career where he was physically matched with a similar opponent in build, Bones tasted fear in that fight, hung in there, dug deep, pulled through, and clinched a victory on the scorecards.

If we avoid the massive asterisks....obviously Gustafsson. He had to pull that elbow in clutch to win that one. Took a beating and still was able to win.

Unpopular answer and take as I know a lot of people thought that he had a few big beatdown on the list and since he barely won at best; but I'm going with Gus 1 since he had to dig super deep to not get run over in rounds 3-5, but actually hurt Alexander who also needs to be given credit for keeping a great poker face in addition to an amazing performance that night.

Amazing thread my friend
Hard to pick

Gotta go with Shogun. Beat the absolute piss out of a Pride legend, making him tap to strikes and then becoming the youngest champ in history

I know DC 2 turned into a NC, but that was pretty brutal stuff. This would have been my top pick given the caliber of opponent. No body apart from Jones has beaten DC before, let alone finishing
jon-jones-daniel-cormier.gif

Him choking Machida is also one of my favorites

lyoto.gif

Jones finishing Vera was another insane and vicious finish. Although not as high of a caliber opponent as most the other fighters listed
(timestamped)

Yeah the Shogun fight was amazing, Jones totally dominated and they didn't look on the same level

I never seen anyone do that to Shogun before, and Shogun was in his prime, he was only 29 when that fight happened. For some reason people seem to think that was a older Shogun who was not the same anymore, but nope.. he was just 29 years old.

When sherdoggers made a big deal of this picture saying "omg Rua is gonna kill him" lmao

jon-jones-ryan-bader-ufc-136-427.jpg

"The leg kicks will kill Jones! The leg kicks will kill Jones!The leg kicks will kill Jones!The leg kicks will kill Jones!"

*Jones ends up kicking the shit out of Rua's legs*

Lots of sad Fedor defenders coping hard in here 😂 Pick any of his first 5 title fights, or either DC fight. Any pick is logical and understandable. I went with DC1, because an undefeated heavyweight droppped to 205 strictly to hunt Jon and paid for it with his brain and health

Imagine looking at this body of work (also keeping in mind that JBJ carried out a DEMOLITION JOB on most of those guys)... imagine looking at it and NOT considering him your GOAT, lmfao.

Edit: voted Shogun too. That was savage.

Back