Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

• Total voters
DC1 and DC2...If there was no Jon Jones. DC would have ran off 6 or 7 title defenses.

Shogun was wildly impressive. Jones made Shogun look like they weren't even the same species.

Gus 2 was impressive because he made it look easy the 2nd time after going life and death the first go around.

Don't forget, Shogun tapped also <JonesLaugh>

Sometimes I wonder if Shogun regretted the tapping: Shogun basically tapped while the ref was stepping in to stop the fight, so it turned out that he didn't actually had to tap.

And we all know that tapping to strikes is frowned upon. Not only by fans, but at least to some extend by the fighters, too.
About the first issue: GSP did the exact same thing against Serra, he tapped while the ref was already on them, and was still mocked for it by Penn fans (who quit on the stool against St-Pierre).
Pain animated gifPain animated gif
Shogun has also tapped to strikes against Paul Craig, he's pretty much from the generation that doesn't care
Only old farts introduced to MMA by the Gracies says shit like "tapping to strikes/submissions" is bad, mkay?

Even old heads have tapped to strikes, like Randy Couture (against Ricco Rodriguez), Josh Barnett (against Cro Cop 3), Tito Ortiz (against Frank Shamrock), Rampage Jackson (against Fedor), BJ Penn (against GSP), Alistair Overeem (against Arona), Charles Oliveira (against Paul Felder), Igor (against Mark Coleman), Forrest Griffin (vs Shogun & Rashad) etc etc

A weird one => Michael Chandler (vs Will Brooks, but the ref didn't even stop it and Chandler had to take additional, useless damage, since they pulled a weird decision and had Brooks win via split decision, when most of the public had it either for Chandler, or saw it as one of those "perfect draws")

all of these guys have tapped to strikes and no one holds it against them

Especially when avenged in brutal fashion like GSP/Serra 2

Last edited:
Ofc it was against the Shogun it was really hard to watch my guy getting destroyed by Jones I think it's still the best performance by a challenger against the champ in MMA history.
Agreed on all points. Big fan of Shogun but that was an annihilation, and as you say of a challenger to the champ. Very impressive.

Technically is probably Shogun, but thats a guy that was basically a day over his expiration date by that time, dominating Gane with the least of troubles past his own expiration date is impressive imo.

Of these fights I'd say Shogun. But I think his most impressive performance was against Ryan Bader and it's not even on this list.

I like the Machida one, Jon adapted brilliantly after losing early and just went terminator mode

He beat his fiance convincingly 50-40 which is really good score but I think he was also on PEDs at that time.

His best personal was when he hid from USADA under the ring to avoid testing. Sometimes little personal wins are the best.

I voted DC I mainly because I was shocked at seeing that DC couldn't implement his wrestling abilities but probably the Shogun fight, Shogun was a decorated champ and already a legend at that point and Jones made him look completely outmatched. Despite a clear win for Jones, DC vs Jones I was actually pretty competitive.

hard to pick one because he destroyed the whos who
he literaly has the hardest competition and resume of all time

gotta go with shogun fight
a muay thai machine and was considerd the number 1 LHW
getting dominated like jones was 50 years ahead of him

also rua has a granite chin he would just tank shots

but jones made him tap to strikes

Back