Who do YOU want to see DC fight in his last 2?

There is some truth in that, extending back to UFC 1, which was essentially an already rigged tournament set up to "showcase" Gracie Jiu Jitsu. That being said, there was atleast some semblancy of fairness, as the guy that got to win moved on. Brock has not won a fight in eight years, yet, he gets the title shot over the longest reining heavyweight champion ever, while CoGar never defended and gets the immediate title shot.

And when we received an org that just does tournament style only (old B-Tor), fans want none of it.

UFC atleast seemed to try and moderate the entertainment factor with the best fighting the best, giving only one freak show fight to Toney, but even he was one of the best boxers in the world and that was in keeping with early moxed martial arts/proving ground philosophy. Now, CM Punk (a guy that can't throw a ball) is put on main event pay per view after revealing he can not throw a punch.
I'll leave the excuses to Dana. He gets paid big bucks to bullshit.

Stipe fucked up by getting knocked out in the first. And if he'd won, he'd be fighting Brock too. Sucks for him, but he's done well mopping up shot fighters so he can just go back to that for a minute.

Brock sells, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

In fairness, it was a wasteland pretty much for all of Jones' reign, until Gus shocked the works and learned how to stop the double leg. Score that, it was washouts, rookies, has been s and middleweights. Any competitive division will only have like 3-5 fighters that can really challenge the champion, and we got real lucky that we had DC, Gus, Jones and Rumble at the same time. Dominant champs, like MM is or Ronda was, really compete in completely shallow divisions. The reason no one can hold the LW belt for more than a few fights is because that is where normal sized men fight and the talent pool is STA-STAAACKED

Yeah in hindsight it's been bad for a while.

What's really depressing about it is the lack of young up-and-comers. Nearly everyone in the top 15 is in their mid-to-late 30s. Romero would be a beast but they seem to be looking to book him vs Costa at MW so he may not be moving up after all, and he's in his 40s. Oezdemir and Corey Anderson are the young guns at 28, and I don't see either guy as a future champ. There was Tyson Pedro but he lost 2 of his last 3. Maybe Anthony Smith has finally figured things out? Khalil Rountree is 28 and hits hard so maybe he develops? Maybe a young guy like Aleksander Rakic ends up being a contender? Man, that is slim pickings.

Last edited:
Ideally a clean, limp-wristed Jon Jones. But really, DC should just get whomever he wants at this point - if that is Brock then so be it, though it's not a fight i care about at all. I would be quite content if he retired graciously now.

If we talk about most interesting fights from sporting standpoint:
Blaydes
Cain
HM: Stipe 2, Jones 3, Werdum, Ngannou, Romero, Gus
I just can't put Ngannou in there right now. He needs to get fed lower tier fighters to build his confidence back.

I think the Brock match-up is a joke and a waste of a fight. He has been out of the testing pool for over a year able to do whatever he wants after his last positive test. He is 0-2 and 1 NC in his last 3. In no way is he deserving of a title shot.

With that said...
Who do you want to see DC fight in the last 2?

I'd like to see DC rematch Stipe at HW first and then win or lose against stipe the swan song should be Jon at HW.

What do y'all think? Gus? Romero? Cain (I know it wont happen but no wrong answers here, who do you WANT to see, not what will actually happen)... HW Rumble?
DC vs Romero & then Jones or Brock @ HW. I believe the Romero fight is doable for DC if its on the Conor/Khabib card.

Back