Who had a better career? Tupac or Biggie?

Which rapper's career did you enjoy more?

• Total voters
Tupac... west coast!

Kong is either trolling, or is a biggie groupie going full retard.

No one even talks about Tupac at all. Not for years. Not on tv, not on radio not in magazines.

Biggie is still talked about still, especially by everyday people. Everyday people don't ever talk about Pac.
People talked about 2Pac being alive for over 10 years after his death, some still do. He had 5 albums while alive (one collab), and then 7 released after his death. He was the lead role in multiple movies, and people still talk about him as the GOAT (which is always debated with Biggie in the mix, of course) and they even made a damn hologram of him.

He's stayed relevant FAR longer than Biggie. Nobody debated Biggie's death, he only had 1 official album while alive (and a collab album), and 2 after death. He never starred in movies or wrote poetry, etc. Just compare the "legacy" sections of their wikis. 2Pac has more views on his youtube vids, as well.

2Pac has sold over 75 million records, Biggie did 17 million.

People talked about 2Pac being alive for over 10 years after his death, some still do. He had 5 albums while alive (one collab), and then 7 released after his death. He was the lead role in multiple movies, and people still talk about him as the GOAT (which is always debated with Biggie in the mix, of course) and they even made a damn hologram of him.

He's stayed relevant FAR longer than Biggie. Nobody debated Biggie's death, he only had 1 official album while alive (and a collab album), and 2 after death. He never starred in movies or wrote poetry, etc. Just compare the "legacy" sections of their wikis. 2Pac has more views on his youtube vids, as well.

2Pac has sold over 75 million records, Biggie did 17 million.

And yet no one talks about Tupac ever. And he wasn't as influential as biggie. he sold more albums cause he made more. But biggie did more with less content available. If he put out 5 more albums he would've sold more.

Biggie was the king of NY during rap golden era. And wrote Better and more catchy songs. Much better rapper by far

Like I said white college kids are still singing along to Juicy. All over the country.

They are not parting to Tupac albums. It's not happening anywhere.

Pac was a good actor I will say that.

I just realized the incongruity between the title of the topic and the title of the poll. The topic asked who had a better career, while the poll itself asks who's career you enjoyed more. Subtly different questions being asked.

I answered for the title, and I think Pac had the stronger legacy, which is not to denigrate Biggie by any means. Me Against the World and All Eyez are very strong albums, but Ready to Die and Life After Death are undisputed classics as well.

Lol Pac had the better legacy yet he's not spoken about ever. Barely played on the radio if ever.

While biggie is still payed daily.

And yet no one talks about Tupac ever. And he wasn't as influential as biggie. he sold more albums cause he made more. But biggie did more with less content available. If he put out 5 more albums he would've sold more.

Biggie was the king of NY during rap golden era. And wrote Better and more catchy songs. Much better rapper by far

Like I said white college kids are still singing along to Juicy. All over the country.

All Eyez On Me alone sold over 10 million copies. His Greatest Hits record has also sold over 10 million. He's the third rapper ever to have the Library of Congress recognize his work for Dear Mama, and was in the Guinness book of world records for being the highest selling hip hop/rap artist of all time. Tupac was a work horse and had tons of material left after his death, can't blame him for being in the studio non stop.

Tracks like "california love", "changes", "dear mama" ,"2 of Amerika's Most Wanted", "Brenda's Got a Baby" "Keep ya Head up", "I Get around", "Picture me Rollin" "How Do U Want it", "Hail Mary" and more are always being played. I don't know where you're at, but these songs are still being bumped by kids today. Like I said, in the modern "Youtube" era, his videos have more hits than Biggie. And I only say that because that's a measurement of relevance with the "kids" today.

Lol Pac had the better legacy yet he's not spoken about ever. Barely played on the radio if ever.

While biggie is still payed daily.
People on this very forum post 2Pac gifs, memes and pictures all the time. They don't post much Biggie stuff.

All Eyez On Me alone sold over 10 million copies. His Greatest Hits record has also sold over 10 million. He's the third rapper ever to have the Library of Congress recognize his work for Dear Mama, and was in the Guinness book of world records for being the highest selling hip hop/rap artist of all time. Tupac was a work horse and had tons of material left after his death, can't blame him for being in the studio non stop.

Tracks like "california love", "changes", "dear mama" ,"2 of Amerika's Most Wanted", "Brenda's Got a Baby" "Keep ya Head up", "I Get around", "Picture me Rollin" "How Do U Want it", "Hail Mary" and more are always being played. I don't know where you're at, but these songs are still being bumped by kids today. Like I said, in the modern "Youtube" era, his videos have more hits than Biggie. And I only say that because that's a measurement of relevance with the "kids" today.

And yet kids don't care about him.

Yet they love biggie.

You're focusing on technical shit. What it boils down to is who is still being listened to by the youth of today.

Tupac isn't. Kids are not rocking out to him at parties. Biggie still is played.

I have to agree with Kong to extent. I think Pac has more of a mystique around him but whenever I'm at a party Biggie is always playing and on the playlist. No one is partying to California love

It's hard for me to gauge legacy but I will say as a fan I always preferred Biggie to Pac in terms of the actual raps.

That said, I agree completely with you that Tupac was a good actor. I remember that movie with him and Tim Roth, Gridlock'd- that was good shit. And he was very credible. He could have just as easily been an actor and it's too bad we didn't get to see him in more roles.

Real waste that both of them got killed young like that.

I have to agree with Kong to extent. I think Pac has more of a mystique around him but whenever I'm at a party Biggie is always playing and on the playlist. No one is partying to California love

Lol thank you.

I don't even hate Tupac. It's just reality vs people's delusional thinking.

Kids are not listening to Tupac at all at college parties. No where in America is this happening.

But I'd bet my left nut every Saturday night in college campuses across the country Biggie tracks are being played all over.

Let me get something straight. I don't dislike Tupac.

I loved the west coast east coast rap wars years ago.

Tupac was super talented. Acting and writing wise he was awesome.

But when it comes to pure RAPPING. (you know the most important category a rappers legacy should be remembered for), well Tupac can't hold a candle to Biggie.

Tupac was a good writer while Biggie was a great rapper.

Biggie brought his own beat. He didn't even need music backing his vocals up. Can't say the same for Pac.

Biggie ghost wrote better songs than anything Tupac had. Biggies flow was smoother and better in every facet of the rap game.

Plus biggie was the king of NY rap. And he went up against only the best ever. Nas, J, Wu Tang and Biggie was the biggest out of them.

Lol sure.

No one talks about Tupac anywhere.

Nor would you hear a tupac song played on the radio either.

When people say things like you did u know it's made up.

Casuals are not talking about Tupac. It's just not happening

^^^ this

You don't see any of that though.

What you see and is what I said. White college kids are. OT singi along to Tupac. Never happens. Sorry

I don't give a fuck if they teach a class on that. That doesn't mean white kids are listening to that when they're out.

Biggie is still played, Tupac isnt.

YEAH this is true. I'm in an all white fraternity with some guys who are a bit xenophobic/"wracist". And even we have played Biggie at parties. I am not sure how Tupac is winning this poll.

Biggie is more known and was better in my opinion.

Dude. No one talks about Tupac in popular culture snymore. Legit no one.

Biggie is a house hold name still. Still the bigger rapper and still more talked about on tv, movies and magazines.

He is. Plus the Biggie movie is awesome and the East Coast is better all day err day!!!

Back