Who had a better career? Tupac or Biggie?

Which rapper's career did you enjoy more?

• Total voters
^^^ this

YEAH this is true. I'm in an all white fraternity with some guys who are a bit xenophobic/"wracist". And even we have played Biggie at parties. I am not sure how Tupac is winning this poll.

Biggie is more known and was better in my opinion.

He is. Plus the Biggie movie is awesome and the East Coast is better all day err day!!!

Can I come party with ur frat and shag college broads.

thats all I need to know

I have to agree with Kong to extent. I think Pac has more of a mystique around him but whenever I'm at a party Biggie is always playing and on the playlist. No one is partying to California love

Could you being in Jersey have something to do with that? Surely, people in California probably party to "California Love", plus if you think about it, not many of Tupac's songs were really party-type songs. I grew up in the sticks of Tennessee and Tupac was WAY more popular. Plus, Tupac had a hologram. Think about it: some people, somewhere put time and energy to do this and why would they make one of someone no one cares about. If Biggie had been a bigger overall personality, they surely would have made one of him instead....and I think Biggie was great.

Let me get something straight. I don't dislike Tupac.

I loved the west coast east coast rap wars years ago.

Tupac was super talented. Acting and writing wise he was awesome.

But when it comes to pure RAPPING. (you know the most important category a rappers legacy should be remembered for), well Tupac can't hold a candle to Biggie.

Tupac was a good writer while Biggie was a great rapper.

Biggie brought his own beat. He didn't even need music backing his vocals up. Can't say the same for Pac.

Biggie ghost wrote better songs than anything Tupac had. Biggies flow was smoother and better in every facet of the rap game.

Plus biggie was the king of NY rap. And he went up against only the best ever. Nas, J, Wu Tang and Biggie was the biggest out of them.

Let's say all that is true, it still doesn't mean Biggie is the answer to the original question. Christina Aguilera was an infinitely better singer than Britney Spears, doesn't change the fact that Spear's career was better in the grand scheme of things.

Could you being in Jersey have something to do with that? Surely, people in California probably party to "California Love", plus if you think about it, not many of Tupac's songs were really party-type songs. I grew up in the sticks of Tennessee and Tupac was WAY more popular. Plus, Tupac had a hologram. Think about it: some people, somewhere put time and energy to do this and why would they make one of someone no one cares about. If Biggie had been a bigger overall personality, they surely would have made one of him instead....and I think Biggie was great.

He is right. Check out social media as well.

I swear the youth is all about Biggie not Tupac. And it's like you said Tupac had less party/hype songs.

I'll take Biggie every single day of the week, but Pac probably the greater career all around

One thing, how are people trying to make it out to sound like Pac is the far better storyteller? No chance

89e86cacbb270881912560fe6318418d.jpg

lol You guys are basing your argument off "what is played at more parties".

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Cmonson.jpg

This argument is being twisted over and over to favor Biggie. All statistical evidence of Tupacs popularity is being dismissed, and all anecdotal evidence is being dismissed. Not very objective.

Proves nothing to do with youth. Half those likes can be by delusional old folk.

Fact is Biggie is played at more parties. I swear he is more well known
Every single poll you'll find through google has 2Pac beating Biggie in the social media department.

http://www.vocativ.com/news/202191/tupac-biggie/
Tuesday would have been Tupac’s 44th birthday and even 20 years after his death, the rapper inspires more discussion among fans than his hip hop rivals. Up to 30 million Facebook users interact with Tupac’s fan page every month. That’s the same number as Dr. Dre’s official Facebook page and up to three times the amount of engaged fans on the Notorious B.I.G.’s Facebook page. Even in Iran, where Facebook is officially banned, Tupac’s unofficial Iranian fan page has over 6,000 likes. Tupac’s page actually ranks as the second most popular Facebook page among Biggie’s fans, second only to the Notorious B.I.G. himself. However, the reverse is not true. Most Tupac fans don’t share the same respect for Biggie.

Tupac’s Facebook fan base is also much more diverse than Biggie’s, with thousands of fans in Mexico City, Paris and São Paulo. Iranian hip hop blog “Gangsta Life” ranked two Tupac albums in their top 10 albums: “All Eyez On Me” came in second and “Greatest Hits” came in fourth place, both of which beat Biggie’s only listing, “Life After Death,” which ranked sixth on the blog.

Both deceased rappers had birthdays in the last 30 days. The hashtag #tupac was tweeted over 48,646 times during Pac’s birthday month, compared to 37,680 tweets that used Biggie’s most popular hashtag, #notoriousbig. The hashtag for Tupac’s surviving rival, Dr. Dre, was mentioned in less than 3,000 tweets in the same time period.

Proves nothing to do with youth. Half those likes can be by delusional old folk.

Fact is Biggie is played at more parties. I swear he is more well known
giphy.gif

Let's say all that is true, it still doesn't mean Biggie is the answer to the original question. Christina Aguilera was an infinitely better singer than Britney Spears, doesn't change the fact that Spear's career was better in the grand scheme of things.

And I said many many times over. As a pure rapper Biggie is the better rapper.

Tupac was a good writer and tried different things when creating new tracks. But rap wise, flow, stylistic, humor, street & studio, Biggie was the dude.

Pac definitely had the better career.

Could you being in Jersey have something to do with that? Surely, people in California probably party to "California Love", plus no one cares

I was born and raised in Jersey and loved west coast rap. Also liked east coast. Completely different
lol You guys are basing your argument off "what is played at more parties".

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Cmonson.jpg

Youth isn't talking about Tupac. It's just not happening. Biggie is still talked about more, played more in regular day settings.

You are not hearing Pac on the radio.

White kids in 2016 aren't singing along to a Tupac song around the country at parties or bars.

You might think they are but they most certainly are not.

Not invested in the topic or a fan of either, but I always hear more tupac songs on the radio, and more about the guy in general. Have seen people wearing pac shirts, never seen anyone wearing a biggie shirt.

^^^ this

YEAH this is true. I'm in an all white fraternity with some guys who are a bit xenophobic/"wracist". And even we have played Biggie at parties. I am not sure how Tupac is winning this poll.

Biggie is more known and was better in my opinion.

He is. Plus the Biggie movie is awesome and the East Coast is better all day err day!!!

This should make you rethink your stance. California Love is played more than all other Biggie songs combined.

Tupac had a better career for one reason. He had a longer career.

You compare Tupac and Biggie's best work and Biggie smashes him. I will take Juicy, Big Poppa, Hypnotize, Who Shot ya and Kick in the Door over Tupac's entire career.

I keep hearing everyone talk about Tupac and this dumb hologram. Biggie had a hollywood movie about his life.

To me there is no doubt Biggie has more of a cultural significance today. Only song I hear of Tupac is California Love. I still hear Big Poppa, Juicy, Hypnotize etc all over the place

Back