Who has been here since 2002?

I was following mma pretty religiously since 1994 and I don’t really believe anyone here knew his capacity for greatness until we saw him against recognized opponents like Semmy Schilt and especially Heath Herring.

It was very difficult during that time period to get ANY access to live events on ppv, other than the UFC. I paid for anything that came on (UFC, World Combat Championship, Kings of Pancrase, Extreme Fighting, MARS Superfighting) but events like Pride, Pancrase, Rings, etc, were prerecorded, or broadcast on unreachable cable systems.

I challenge anyone here to watch Emelianenko vs Herring and listen to the pleasant surprise in Quadros’ and Rutten’s voice as a semi-experienced Fedor rag dolls a highly regarded Herring all over the place. They had very little knowledge of who he was, nor did they have high expectations.

No one really knew his potential until then.

oh the classic fedor hater. anderson lost to takase ryo chonan, random bums in pride
Fedor was choked out in a minute, stomped by Bigfoot, and put to sleep by Hendo. Not to mention him getting absolutely wrecked against Mitrione and Maldonado lol

This is sherdog. Literally 80% of the posters arent old enough to truly understand aging, or are old dorks that literally never competed in any sport in their lives and therefor dont believe in "primes"

One of the hardest hitting MWs of all time, who also competed at LHW, who also was abusing TRT when we have no proof Fedor ever did, who also hammered him with illegal shots to the back of the head...........and Fedor was already wellllllllllllllllllllllllll past his peak

Hendo fought at hw before

GOAT heavyweight can't get KOed by a guy who competes at MW... who cares if Hendo competed at LHW... heavyweights shouldn't even fight middleweights.

prime applies to fedor but not dan henderson?

Hard to say Dan wasnt in his prime when he fought Fedor....he was old but when you take TRT your prime lasts a whole fucking lot longer

You can make a real strong case Hendo was at his best when he fought Fedor.

And I love how you keep posting in absolutes such "HWs should never ever lose to MW" and using that to discredit Fedor. You are ignoring literally every single variable and circumstance and burying your head in the sand.

Ali would have lost to Floyd Mayweather if they fought a year before Ali died. Guess that makes him a BUM. Literally nothing else matters.

I paid PPVed for UFC 40 but have never trained UFC or worn Tapout.

Conor and ronda bring me here. I try to leave but sherdog won't let me

I've been watching UFC since 1699

I was following mma pretty religiously since 1994 and I don’t really believe anyone here knew his capacity for greatness until we saw him against recognized opponents like Semmy Schilt and especially Heath Herring.

It was very difficult during that time period to get ANY access to live events on ppv, other than the UFC. I paid for anything that came on (UFC, World Combat Championship, Kings of Pancrase, Extreme Fighting, MARS Superfighting) but events like Pride, Pancrase, Rings, etc, were prerecorded, or broadcast on unreachable cable systems.

I challenge anyone here to watch Emelianenko vs Herring and listen to the pleasant surprise in Quadros’ and Rutten’s voice as a semi-experienced Fedor rag dolls a highly regarded Herring all over the place. They had very little knowledge of who he was, nor did they have high expectations.

No one really knew his potential until then.

Yes, I remember that. Also the first fight against Big Nog, the surprise that he was kicking his ass. Nobody expected that at that time. It was the beginning of Fedor his long reign as the absolute best fighter in the world.

Fedor was choked out in a minute, stomped by Bigfoot, and put to sleep by Hendo. Not to mention him getting absolutely wrecked against Mitrione and Maldonado lol
why you even hate fedor anyway

Holy shit an 01 account. I bow down in your presence good sir.

Did you think Fedor lost to Arona?

Well, that was definitely a very tough fight for Fedor. I would have no problem if that would have gone in Aronas favour!

Fedor was better during the standup and Arona dominated the wrestling/positioning on the ground, but Fedor had a couple guillotine attempts that looked ok, but was no problem for a BJJ master like Arona to survive.
Maybe Fedor connected with more punches, during standup?

Think the fight was a draw and then went in to overtime, before judges voted for a winner.

Well, that was definitely a very tough fight for Fedor. I would have no problem if that would have gone in Aronas favour!

Fedor was better during the standup and Arona dominated the wrestling/positioning on the ground, but Fedor had a couple guillotine attempts that looked ok, but was no problem for a BJJ master like Arona to survive.
Maybe Fedor connected with more punches, during standup?

Think the fight was a draw and then went in to overtime, before judges voted for a winner.
Arona´s side of the story...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tiger-arona-his-awaited-comeback.3803249/

Man, a lot of old school posters coming out of the wood works.

I’ve followed his career since before Pride, when he started in the Japanese promotion “Rings”.
He have always remained my favourite fighter and no other fighter gets me so nervous and excited when the fights starts.
He have always been a down to earth guy and never bad mouth anyone, but always brings the heat once the fights starts.
og account only posts when it matters

s-l1600.jpg

I've been here since my Highschool buddies and I would play the holy hell out of this game, on that system, way back when. Our collective love for this sport grew from that day forth.

First time I saw him fight was vs Schilt. You could tell he had potential, but Schilt at the time had no TD defense (well, not really much more later!), so he was just another guy, another prospect.
Then he fought Herring, and it was brutal! You could see he could become a real contender, even if at the end of the 1st round (10 minutes in Pride), he looked kinda tired and you could think that Herring, if he stopped his sloppy kicks, may have leaded the 2nd round. Then the ref stopped the fight, so there was still a question mark about his stamina.
When his fight vs Big Nog was announced, he was a big underdog, no one expected to see him survive on the ground.

Back