Who Hits Harder: Gaethje or Poirier?

I think Poirier is more technical because he throws more variety and isn't a wild/throw caution to the wind striker.

Gaethje is less technical, but more power and tends to just bite his mouthpiece, dip his head down and swang/bang/throw caution to the wind.
Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant your comparison of Poirier and Oliveira.

I think Poirier is more technical because he throws more variety and isn't a wild/throw caution to the wind striker.

Gaethje is less technical, but more power and tends to just bite his mouthpiece, dip his head down and swang/bang/throw caution to the wind.

In an aggressive boxing match I think Poirer is definitely better technically but you could argue I spose he hasnt shown the kind of game Gaethje took Tony apart with and that might be better suited to fighting Charles, keep on the outside and counter him.

What argument? I’m disputing your claim they only had a single common opponent. It would be a different story if you said only one common opponent recently (which still isn’t true), but you didn’t. Just accept you’re wrong.
You are right, of course.
You are obviously too stupid, so it is my fault for not spelling it out to a dumbass like you.

So let me spell it our for you: We are talking about fights now, so OBVIOUSLY, something that happened over a decade ago does not really matter.
I even mentioned Tony and the difference of the 3 to 5 rounds, and since Justin was only able to TKO him in the 5th, we can't compare beyond the fact that Charles also beat him for 3 full rounds (and who knows what would happen if there were a 4th and 5th round?).
But that's not here nor there.
Recent common opponent shows Charles beating Chandler via TKO in 2 rounds while Justin could not knock Michael in 3 full rounds.

Hope now it is better explained to your feeble mind's sake.

I think Gaethje

Gaethe has the most one-punch power in that division.

Porrier has the most ammo and can keep throwing.

Gaedjthe obviously. He has a much higher finish ratio from strikes.

I think Poirier is much more technically proficient as a striker though.

as noted, you are too fucking stupid to read the rest...
Don't worry, kid. I did not expect any better from you..
I read it, it was mostly just you being ass hurt about being wrong. Keep crying like a bitch.

Pure raw power then Gaethje. But imo Poirier has better boxing skills. Better accuracy, setups, defense, footwork, combinations etc.
I could see the same thing happening with Gaethje as what happened with Dustin. Whenever Oliviera takes a hard shot he falls to his back inviting Gaethje into his guard and after a few round ends up taking his back and submitting him.

I look at impact, like in those Ngannou vs BB punch power questions. Poirier snaps the heads back, his increase in punching power in recent years at LW has been very impressive. I also look at the Tony fight, how many clean shots Gaethje landed on him without badly hurting him.

In an aggressive boxing match I think Poirer is definitely better technically but you could argue I spose he hasnt shown the kind of game Gaethje took Tony apart with and that might be better suited to fighting Charles, keep on the outside and counter him.

I think Gaethje is closer to a "by the book" boxer than Poirier is, because Gaethje's shots against Tony and Chandler were compact to some extent, there was brawling as well.

Poirier has his own boxing style. Defense elbows out and extended hands, like in cross guard, even when Gaethje hurt him in their fight. Dustin's become good when being hurt, the composure.

While in offense his upper body moves from side to side to get full power in those hooks, but he doesn't use his legs for extra power, own style. And straight left is his cleanest shot. Has good short counter hooks as well. Unconventional, but still skilled.

just wondering if Oli could replicate the same aggressive in-your-face gameplan against Gaethje (that he did against Dustin) and still be conscious at the end of round 1 <JRSmith40>

Yeah, it's hilarious when I see people claiming Gaethje has better defense than Oliveira or questioning his defense while ignoring Gaethje's terrible striking defense, it's just bizarre. At least Oliveria hits people more than he gets hit.
Oliveira got hit a lot in Kevin Lee fights, I think Oliveira could lose that fight by decision, but he managed to chip in a guillotine, working every time.

Gaethje is violent as violent could get imo in term of impact, Khabib: 'This guy hit like a truck'

Master.jpg

4e9c732d743241fdbef77a0215db93f1_md.jpg

6191914c8e9bfa001986ddf5

86b71bba-404a-11ec-b9bb-5bc84a21bb41_image_hires_123845.jpg

I think Gaethje had become far more dangerous striker since that Tony fight (after his loss to Poirier he began to improve)

and Oliveira is getting better too on the standup, lack of head movement, but his striking arsenal is getting more varied everytime i see him.

The question is can Oliveira takes Gaethje headhunting forward style?

Trevor Whittman probably cannot improve Gaethje's grappling, but in the stand up Gaethje most likely will penetrate your defense.

Oliveira has that nasty front kick, + knee to the body, + that muay thai clinch work

Gaethje imo in Chandler and Ferguson fight, know how to load up his punches without badly losing position/good footwork relatively, +killer leg kicks +best legkick in LW or in the roster imo

Gaethje obviously hits much harder than Dustin. Dustin his good power, but his finishes come from an accumulation of damage. Whereas Gaethje can put the lights out with one punch.

While Dustin doesn’t have a single accredited one punch KO on his record, Justin only has one (Barboza). They both seem to mostly rely on accumulation of punches over one punch KO’s.

Back