Who should Leon Edwards fight next?

Who should Leon Edwards fight next?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I change my vote after seeing the presser, it sounds like Leon wants to be a double champ and move up and fight the winner of Stickland and Dricus. So I'd like to see that instead.

Belal deserves it though, however Shavkat Rakhmonov is closeby.

Leon Edwards.jpg

Last edited:
Belal, he deserves it the most.
They could do Shavkat/Colby on the same card or Shavkat/Usman if he's willing to come back down.

Islam should stay at lightweight and defend his belt, the double champ stuff just messes up the divisions.

I'd like to see Islam Makhachev vs. Leon Edwards. Just like to see how that fight unfolds.

View attachment 1017904
I’m an islam fan but no, Belal deserves the TS. Also, after what I saw tonight I thing Leon-Islam would be a boring ass point fight. Both of them are just very careful fighters, I think Islam is way more entertaining but it takes 2 to tango. Islam is entertaining when he’s up someone who engages.

Leon downplays Belal matchup

I don't get why he's so against it. Like there's only Belal or Shavkat for him, Belal is the one who's on a longer streak and has better wins for the most part.
It's a bit hypocritical from Leon considering how long he had to wait for his shot, but whatever at the end of the day the UFC are the ones who'll make the call.

If he's aiming for a title shot at MW as his next fight then forget it, Dana already blocked Islam from that(understandably so) and I really doubt he let's Leon do it. The double champ stuff just gets super messy.

I don't get why he's so against it. Like there's only Belal or Shavkat for him, Belal is the one who's on a longer streak and has better wins for the most part.
It's a bit hypocritical from Leon considering how long he had to wait for his shot, but whatever at the end of the day the UFC are the ones who'll make the call.

If he's aiming for a title shot at MW as his next fight then forget it, Dana already blocked Islam from that(understandably so) and I really doubt he let's Leon do it. The double champ stuff just gets super messy.

I think he wants double champ title shot at MW or 'superfight' against Islam.

I think he wants double champ title shot at MW or 'superfight' against Islam.
I heard Dana already said no for Islam moving up, but idk about the MW title shot for Leon.
I doubt they'll go for it since Leon isn't that big of a star, that being said you never know anymore. They might just do it as a one last huge "fuck you" towards Belal.

I change my vote after seeing the presser, it sounds like Leon wants to be a double champ and move up and fight the winner of Stickland and Dricus. So I'd like to see that instead.

View attachment 1017904
That guy DC couldn't remember. He probably should fight next.

And as far as Edwards moving up, he isn't big enough or good enough to beat the bigger middleweights.

He needs to stay where he's at, at welterweight.

Back