Why are people celebrating a welterweight ragdolling a featherweight?

So wait, Khabib won because he was too big, yet Conor is going to starch Woodley, Lawler, and Anderson Silva?

I'd laugh my ass off if Conor goes back to fighting midgets.

This fighting grown men thing isn't working out for him.

Weight maybe played a negligible difference. What we saw was a fighter with was more skill grappling get really aggressive and punish his opponent. I have seen a lot of people questioning the old adage that "wrestling is the best base for MMA", and Khabib just reminded everyone of why that is true.

No one is going to stop his take downs early in the fight, and no one is going use these wall walking escapes to get away from him. Time for the 155's to really start working on their guard game.

Lockhart on Rogan said that McGregor after rehydrating is 171 lbs, that's puny for LW, a lot of those guys rehydrate 30 lbs easily, so they fight at 185 or more lbs come fight night. Khabib has more fights at welterweight than at lightweight in his career, and has missed weight multiple times at lightweight. He's a natural ww more than a lw, and McGregor belongs to fw because no natural lw only rehydrates 15 lbs. The one challenging himself here was Conor, Khabib is the one avoiding people his size because he would likely be slapped around the octagon by ufc caliber welterweights he could not overpower after insane weight cuts like those at lw.
Another thing I don't understand is why people are celebrating an ugly leg humping wrestler win over a flashy exciting striker, that would be like a tennis fan celebrating some south american clay court pusher winning over Federer, or like a Mourinho team winning over Crujff's Netherlands. It's just not good for the sport from an aesthetic point of view.

The rematch is pointless because Conor will never win against a wrestler who's realistically 1 weight class above him, I also think Lee ragdolls him and realistically he can only beat strikers at lw.
I'd bet $1000 this same dude was celebrating all of Conor's wins as a huge featherweight.

they both weighed in at 155 lbs you fucking retard

/Thread

Jesus H Christ...I picked Conor by 1st round KO. It was a shitty night for me to say the least. Conor got mauled, fair and square. They were basically the same size.

Prime Matt Hughes got tapped by an 0-3 FW. SMH

Khabb was only 175 for the fight last I heard. Also, 16/27 of Khaib's pro fights have been at LW. He was only a WW for a short run over in Russia. Khabib is a LW. Conor is a LW. Sorry to break it to ya.

Lol I doubt 10 lb would make or break Khabib but I don't believe for second that Khabib was 175lb in the cage. The guy has dropped out due to fucked cuts and missed weight before. He's not even shredded, his fellow countryman are known for extreme cuts. I'd be surprised if he was under 185 at fight night.

He was on weight 5 hours before weigh-ins. I don't understand why people believe in these mythical weight cuts. What you're saying is the equivalent of a welter weight being above 200 pounds in the cage and a feather weight being in the mid 170s. It's absurd. Guys like Kevin Lee and Gleison Tibau can shed that much water because of their muscle mass and the much higher water content there but Khabib doesn't even look like he has much added muscle to his frame at all.

Go rewatch the fight. They look the exact same size. If what you say is true than there would be a glaring size difference and there simply wasn't.

conor-mcgregor-ufc-194.jpg

Natural FW my ass.

The same reason people celebrated a Lightweight ragdolling Featherweights.

Ass whoopings are fun every once in a while

In reality, Conor is a tweener between 145/155.

That said, if you throw your hat into the ring, you throw it all the way in.

None of this "If I win, I win, if I lose I didn't "really" lose" nonsense that people get into to protect their egos.

Lockhart on Rogan said that McGregor after rehydrating is 171 lbs, that's puny for LW, a lot of those guys rehydrate 30 lbs easily, so they fight at 185 or more lbs come fight night. Khabib has more fights at welterweight than at lightweight in his career, and has missed weight multiple times at lightweight. He's a natural ww more than a lw, and McGregor belongs to fw because no natural lw only rehydrates 15 lbs. The one challenging himself here was Conor, Khabib is the one avoiding people his size because he would likely be slapped around the octagon by ufc caliber welterweights he could not overpower after insane weight cuts like those at lw.
Another thing I don't understand is why people are celebrating an ugly leg humping wrestler win over a flashy exciting striker, that would be like a tennis fan celebrating some south american clay court pusher winning over Federer, or like a Mourinho team winning over Crujff's Netherlands. It's just not good for the sport from an aesthetic point of view.

The rematch is pointless because Conor will never win against a wrestler who's realistically 1 weight class above him, I also think Lee ragdolls him and realistically he can only beat strikers at lw.

So Conor doesn’t blow up much out of camp. Not all fighters let their diet go to shit and cut 40lbs come fight time.

Doesn’t mean he’s not a lightweight.

Conor was 171 pounds according to Lockhart and Khabib was 175 pounds. 4 pound difference.

If you couldn't tell that Conor was a natural lightweight in there than I don't know what to tell you. They looked like they were the exact same size.
This all day.
All this talk about Khabib being big. They seemed the same size to me everytime they squared off.
Personally I have no problem jumping and beating on a guy 50/100 lbs heavier then me and these guys are supposed to be professional fighters and only had 4lbs weight difference when they fought.
Please stop this nonsense about size difference, we all know it's a bullshit excuse, AGAIN.

He was on weight 5 hours before weigh-ins. I don't understand why people believe in these mythical weight cuts. What you're saying is the equivalent of a welter weight being above 200 pounds in the cage and a feather weight being in the mid 170s. It's absurd. Guys like Kevin Lee and Gleison Tibau can shed that much water because of their muscle mass and the much higher water content there but Khabib doesn't even look like he has much added muscle to his frame at all.

Go rewatch the fight. They look the exact same size. If what you say is true than there would be a glaring size difference and there simply wasn't.
Nah can't account for just visual size, muscle density has a huge effect on weight to size ratio. Ever wonder why Khabib looks unimpressive body wise but people say he feels like stone. Extremely dense muscle.

Lol I doubt 10 lb would make or break Khabib but I don't believe for second that Khabib was 175lb in the cage. The guy has dropped out due to fucked cuts and missed weight before. He's not even shredded, his fellow countryman are known for extreme cuts. I'd be surprised if he was under 185 at fight night.
When Lockhart was Khabib's nutritionist he said that Khabib only gets to the 170s on fight night. So If you believe him on Conor being 171 then you have no reason doubt him about Khabib.

Khabib's missed cut was not due to cutting too much. HE had a back injury in the middle of camp. And for the Tony fight it was some kind of health issue that got worse due to the weight cut (from what Khabib has said in interviews). Dude was in the 160s for fight week before starting the water cut. There is no way he could break 180 in the cage.

Aside from the factual inaccuracies and fallacies in the op, this rant is coming from a fanbase of a fighter who in his own words was "the king of a division filled with midgets".

Hilarious.

Nah can't account for just visual size, muscle density has a huge effect on weight to size ratio. Ever wonder why Khabib looks unimpressive body wise but people say he feels like stone. Extremely dense muscle.

Nobody says he feels like stone. They say he feels strong. There is a big difference. People can be deceptively strong for their size. It doesn't mean that they're literally heavier than they look just because they're strong than they look.

"Muscle density" is a myth. Muscle is muscle. Bone is bone. And fat is fat. The difference in weight between a given volume of any of those things is negligible between individuals.

LOL people can’t handle the fact that conor got smoked literally reaching for any excuse they can think of your grasping for straws buddeh just accept that your hero is not the best.

please go on, seing you guys desperatly look for excuses makes the fun last longer.

Back