Why did Hitler make it illegal for Jews to own guns ?

The burning question is "why are Jews so staunchly liberal?"

Probably because they had bad luck with far right wing regimes (such as the one mentioned ITT) in the past.

No he didn't disarm them. It is impossible to disarm someone who doesn't have any weapons in the first place.
Germany has always been a disarmed nation.

Actually the Germans were only regulated when the Nazis took power. Guns sold after '28 had to have a permit, you were supposed to register any gun you already had after this new law was passed.

On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

In addition to the restrictions, Ellerbrock said the Nazis had already been raiding Jewish homes and seizing weapons.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...en-carson/fact-checking-ben-carson-nazi-guns/

Hitler believed Jews were subhuman, traitors to Germany, and weren't to be afforded any rights. It's that simple. Most of the Jews that were murdered weren't German. He took away the right to own guns after he made the decision that they didn't have the right to exist.

I don't know how intellectually lazy one would have to be to make create a thread like this and think it makes a point in favor of gun ownership. It's appallingly moronic.

It really wouldn't have made much of a difference. Most Jews had no military training.

Last edited:
It really wouldn't have made much off a difference. Most Jews had no military training.

Israel made changes to that.

<{jackyeah}>

I say a lot of shit about Israel but there's no doubt in my mind they will not go out like the victims of the holocaust. They will fight to the end like warriors.

Damn right! I want my own panzer.
fuck your panzer. i want my own gundam.

The leftists keep saying that gun control is safe thing. How safe was it for the Jews who were forbidden from owning guns just one year before the holocaust began ?

Either the left is ignorant or complicit in their view of gun control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_the_German_Jews

On a side note, I've got a Ruger .38 snub nose with a Crimson Trace I'm looking to trade. Holla at ya boy if you're interested !
Who wants to make it illegal for you to own guys?
People want gun control. No reason for someone to need to own an AR.
I wish people would try to point to one extreme to scare people with.
Most civilized 1st world countries have some form of gun control.

Do they have 320 million citizens spread across a vast land, and are their standards of living as high as ours? Hard to compare us to Sweden, Germany or France, as well.

what does being spread out have to do with anything? if anything, youd expect more violent crimes in densely populated areas wouldnt you?

a higher standard of living lends itself to less crime, not more.

I do think there are too many unlicensed firearms in circulation, but I don't really know any rational solution. If the government really wanted to start taking illegal/black market weapons off the streets, they'd atleast try. I also don't think one should be able to go into a bar with their CCW. Alcohol + firearms shouldn't mix.

i honestly think most american politicians would be afraid of truly making meaningful attempts to remove illegal firearms. it would be interpreted as a precursor for door to door confiscation by so many lol. political suicide.

australia's buy-back policy seemed pretty cool to me. other posters have pointed out though that the US has done small scale versions of this that havent been very successful. maybe they just werent marketed well? or at all?

You are right, now that Trump is running your country, you better get all the guns and the biggest you can find.
You are gonna need em.

It's illegal to own a gun in my country.

Yet, the government hasn't enslaved us, or declared martial law.

You've got a guy here with an opinion that he's not going to change in the face of learning anything new, and now he's attempting to brandish his opinion, and the inherent intelligence of it, by comparing the opposing viewpoint to the nazi party. Just let this one go, it's a shadow cast by any past argument on the internet.

For the same reason that FDR confiscated Japanese Americans' guns and the slaves couldn't own guns

It's illegal to own a gun in my country.

Yet, the government hasn't enslaved us, or declared martial law.
I'm part Japanese. My government has put people that look like me in prison camps in recent memory.

Germany in 1928 passed a law that created a permit system to own and sell firearms. This order was rarely followed and only newly bought and purchased weapons were registered. The vast majority of Germans still owned the weapons they had during World War 1. When the Nazi's came to power they used whatever gun records they did have to seize weapons from their enemies. In 1938 they adopted a new gun law that deregulated the buying and selling of rifles, shotguns, and ammunition. It also made it easier for one to own a handgun because all you needed was a hunting license (You didn't even need to hunt). Said license would allow you to buy, sell or carry one at any time. As well it gave local officials more discretion in letting anyone under 18 own a gun. The one caveat of the new law was that no Jews were allowed to possess, purchase or own weapons, ammunition, truncheons and stabbing weapons of any kind. The Nazi's were raiding homes and stealing weapons before the 1938 law was passed. In closing Nazi era Germany imposed much greater gun restrictions for Jews and those they perceived to be enemies. For the vast majority of Germans however it was much easier to own and sell weapons once the Nazi's took power.

Simply put the reason Hitler made it illegal for Jews to own weapons is two fold. First off he believed Jews to be inferior biologically to Aryans, the white northern European race that pure Germans were presumed to belong to and secondly to make it very hard for the Jews to pull of any kind of successful uprising.

My family is Croatian, my father was born there and moved to the United States when he was 9 in the mid sixties. Dido and Baba my grandparents during WWII ended up leaving Kukljica (The town my father and family is from) on the Island of Uglian upon hearing rumors that the Nazi's were going to end up on the Island. They ended up fleeing to mainland Croatia and lived in the mountain areas with friends and some other family members. Dido became a Partizan and fought a guerrilla campaign against the Nazi's.

The day after my grandparents left the Island the Germans landed on it alongside a regiment of the SS. They made it to the town where a good deal of my family were still living (Being naive they thought it would be similar to that of occupied France where they would live under German rule). They were wrong, the SS rounded up all the remaining people in the town and marched them to the town square, proceeded lineup all the men and boys and executed them in front of everyone. They then from what I gathered raped the females and then executed them alongside their children.

You are right in that the Jews didn't think they would be going to death camps just like my remaining family members didn't think the Germans would execute them.
Wow that's a fucked story but undoubtedly a dime-a-dozen for WWII

Nice one.

I take the bate. The NSDAP was the pro gun party they relaxed gun laws compared to the previous government.
They did not take guns away from the Jews because they didn't have any guns in the first place the same as the rest of Germany.
Also if you know anything about the 3rd Reich. You would know that Jews weren't considered citizens.

Also how could 800.000 Jew with guns defend themselves against the 3rd Reich when all of Europe weren't able to?
So they made ot impossible to own guns by disarming them.

Nice defense but I'd take my chance to be armed fighting anyone, even tanks instead of being a helpless individual not able to protect ones family.

Get your priorities right limpwrist.

Simply put the reason Hitler made it illegal for Jews to own weapons is two fold. First off he believed Jews to be inferior biologically to Aryans, the white northern European race that pure Germans were presumed to belong to and secondly to make it very hard for the Jews to pull of any kind of successful uprising.

This kind of autistic to point out since it's irrelevant in the larger context of your post. But I don't think that Hitler thought the Germans were biologically superior. I think that he thought they were morally and spiritually superior.

Back