Why didn't Dana sign Cedric Doumbe??

They did sign him...Not sure of the brain issue someone mentioned, but the French MMA commision or whatever his name didnt allow him to fight, he was "too new" or something at the time, the UFC call it off, but its not like they passed on the guy.
Doumbé revealed that an MRI scan of his head indicated blood in his brain

Lmao the amount of people defending the UFC's dumb shit here is amazing, yeah signing a great kickboxing is a bad idea, got to make way for all the Cantender series bums that go 1-2 in the promotion.

Lmao the amount of people defending the UFC's dumb shit here is amazing, yeah signing a great kickboxing is a bad idea, got to make way for all the Cantender series bums that go 1-2 in the promotion.

Why should UFC break the bank for him though? UFC isn't looking to do 5+ events per year in France like PFL / Bellator are willing to do. UFC will do great numbers & gates whenever they have an event there whether he's on the roster or not.

Like I said, let's see him vs some real opposition first. He's not even fighting ranked caliber fighters yet, if he was in the UFC he might lose to someone like Carlston Harris lol.

They did sign him...Not sure of the brain issue someone mentioned, but the French MMA commision or whatever his name didnt allow him to fight, he was "too new" or something at the time, the UFC call it off, but its not like they passed on the guy.

They had some sorta weird rule where a rookie couldn't fight anything with +/- 5 fights or some shit, and they wanted to book him against Darrian Weeks or something.

But I think they got past that, as I believe in the end they turned him away due to a brain injury.

But yeah. They did sign him, and I guess actually booking him became too much of a hassle so they moved on.

Why should UFC break the bank for him though? UFC isn't looking to do 5+ events per year in France like PFL / Bellator are willing to do. UFC will do great numbers & gates whenever they have an event there whether he's on the roster or not.

Like I said, let's see him vs some real opposition first. He's not even fighting ranked caliber fighters yet, if he was in the UFC he might lose to someone like Carlston Harris lol.
Why the fuck should they break the bank for anyone, fucking dumb ass question.

Why the fuck should they break the bank for anyone, fucking dumb ass question.

"Break the bank" isn't literal bud lol. Point is they don't need to offer him a giant contract from day 1 when he's proved jack shit in MMA to this point.

UFC already has Gane & BSD who will be at the top of their divisions for years to come. They don't need to overpay for more French stars right now.

Dana is the brain of combat sports. If Dana didn't sign Doumbe, he must have sensed a problem

Historically the UFC has always been cheap but it's the reason why they are still around while other organizations have crumbled. I think these days it's more about maintaining strategic dominance through branding. They are hoping by name alone, talent and viewership will follow.

Last edited:
Electric performer and he can fill a stadium, is this part of Dana actively suppressing fighter pay or something?

He did sign Doumbe.

Doumbe was schduled to fight in the UFC but the French Commison wouldn't sanction his fight because he didn't have a big enough MMA record. And then PFL scopped him up with a huge offer.

Electric performer and he can fill a stadium, is this part of Dana actively suppressing fighter pay or something?
Not sure, but Lopes reminds me of the bully in every high school movie from the 90’s. IMG_9597.png

Prob wanted a high-price and wasn’t sure how the TDD is gonna hold up

Dana likes strikers, but they have to be able to shuck-off TDs

Back