Why I Don't Like Ben Askren by Jorge Masvidal

How much of Masvidal's opinion do you agree with?

• Total voters
Ben's fans are a bunch of redditors who have never seen him fight except against Robbie.
All bandwagon jumpers, probably the same people that were hyping Darren Till and Francis Ngannou and then proceeded to shit on them after they lost.

Oh come on now, you know we've argued over Askren on here for nearly a decade ha

Smart and funny guys who are tough are extremely intimidating to less intelligent fighters that are tough, who rely on the "I could beat him up" rationalization when they feel insecure over their intelligence.

Askren is the smartest fighter in the UFC, the most handsome, and potentially the best performing fighter (TBD). He's wonderful.

i would rather say that some people just dont like annoying persons as askren. its not their style of joking or communicating with other persons

There should be an option for "don't care". I just want to see them fight. I don't care what they say. If one or both needs to not like the other for fight motivation then good for them.

Dude speaks with some fake colombian gangster accent and calls others corny?

He's totally Masvidal's kryptonite. Jorge is butt-hurt beyond belief....

Askren will win, but I am more of a Jorge fan. Askren is a bit cringe inducing imo.

Lol shut up a masvidal you hot headed twerp.

Ben will end up getting slept some how. Jorge's fight IQ is just too high for Askren a one dimensional dweeb

" Look Ariel these other guys don't get it. The reason I make a big paycheck is because I've learned how to market myself in a way that people actually want to watch me fight" - Ben Askren

The Barbarian Bitch Toss. What a moment that was!

David Heath was such a sacrificial lamb. That toss, and then the time when Babalu held onto the anaconda
Damn, I didn’t realize Heath was a victim of the anaconda death squeeze along with the Barbarian bitch toss. Great Snapple fact .

I wonder if Jorge will fight better when he's hyped up? Because most people don't. I have a feeling he'll go nuts, have an adrenaline dump, and Askren will take control.

None, if anything Masvidal comes across like the punk he always has been.

Masvidal is funny like the Diaz bros, in that if your son ended up like him you would be humiliated, but he is entertaining like the class f-up that has ADD and comes from the hood, is always giving the boring classes entertainment by getting in fights with the teacher and getting detention for swearing.

It's pretty hypocritical to say all this shit about Ben and say you don't mess with those type of dudes when your BFF, Colby Covington is a million times worse.

This - end of thread.

Yep, which is why I roll my eyes at all of his complaints. I can understand a fighter like Robbie who doesn't like the lime light process disliking a guy like Askren. But if you are friends with Colby you don't get to whine about Askren's schtick.

Oddly enough, I don't think Robbie has any issues with Askren. I like Masvidal but he needs to relax and save it for the match.

I like Masvidal but he should cool it with the Ben hate. Askren is doing low level soft ball trolling.

Back