Why is it GOATs disproportionately lose to guys named Matt?

No, you are wrong.

giphy.gif
The real conspiracy is how MMA's best wrestler not only never wrestled but has only lost to Matts which is where wrestling takes place, on a mat.

I'd like to see quantum physics address this.

Relatedly, I've wondered why the GOAT candidates disproportionately have weird things happen to them in the cage/ring:

Fedor: BS cut "loss" early in his career and near double-KO late in his career.
Anderson: DQ loss from upkick (Okami), Victim of a once-in-a-lifetime submission
Jones: DQ loss to Hamill

It's all a conspiracy. Probably by Matt.
you should have included Anderson breaking his leg on a checked kick

Matt, in ancient Greek Mythology (adopted from earlier Egyptian, adopted from earlier Nubian mythology) was "Matteus" - the lord of goats.

He was commonly pictured holding up a severed head of a goat in one hand and a club in the other. In the epic battles he typically beat the goat's neck like a pinata until the head ripped off for him to hoist up to the sky in defiance of goatkind everywhere.

Draw any conclusions you like but it would be weird if the mythology was 100% unrelated to MMA championship fights...
My Matt, the plot thickens

The real conspiracy is how MMA's best wrestler not only never wrestled but has only lost to Matts which is where wrestling takes place, on a mat.

I'd like to see quantum physics address this.
<seedat>

GSP's only two losses on record are to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.

Also, GSP retired because he realized that Matt Brown was on a good run and next on the list for him.
He decided to come back only after Matt Brown was knocked clean off the list of contenders, and he's moving to MW since there's no one named Matt in the top 20.

Jones also lost to Matt Riddle in that wrestling tournament. TS may be on to something.

1011528_550908861613268_2109493905_n.jpg

Be careful TS something tells me someone out there doesn't want this information known.

Matt, in ancient Greek Mythology (adopted from earlier Egyptian, adopted from earlier Nubian mythology) was "Matteus" - the lord of goats.

He was commonly pictured holding up a severed head of a goat in one hand and a club in the other. In the epic battles he typically beat the goat's neck like a pinata until the head ripped off for him to hoist up to the sky in defiance of goatkind everywhere.

Draw any conclusions you like but it would be weird if the mythology was 100% unrelated to MMA championship fights...

"Maat" was the Egyptian goddess of truth. Her symbol was the ostrich feather. In the Egyptian underworld they placed that feather in one pan of the scales of justice, and the deceased person's heart in the other, to see if they were worthy. If the heart was heavy with its sins, it would sink lower and lower until the dreaded monster Apophis could snatch it out with its jaws and eat it. No eternal afterlife for that poor sucker!*

Therefore it is clear that facing a Ma(a)(t)t is the ultimate test of a fighter's heart and legend.

* I am not making this up!

Jones also lost to Matt Riddle in that wrestling tournament. TS may be on to something.

1011528_550908861613268_2109493905_n.jpg

Be careful TS something tells me someone out there doesn't want this information known.
I'll edit the op with these later. The Matt theory of the mma world gains traction

Holy mother of God....

Before GSP and even before Matt Hughes, the UFC WW GOAT was none other than Pat Miletich.

And guess who Pat lost to?

You'll never believe it.

Matt Hume and Matt Lindland

Pat was actually 15-0 when he lost to Matt Hume!

<Moyes5>

(mic drop)

You people , everyone knows MMatth doesn't work.

Remember when Anderson Silva lost to Mattyo Chonan in PRIDE?

Back