"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become Germanized ?!" - Ben Franklin

\

Having a Mexican pick my fruits = waging war on the indians

A white guy marrying a black/asian/native/mixed girl = marching people into gas chambers.

Because they other tribe assimilated well. There isn't exactly a massive german speaking population in Pennsylvania now, is there? So it goes back to what the right has been saying about immigration...ability to assimilate is key.

People stopped speaking German because of WW1.

Also which group in America refuses to speak english?

Because they other tribe assimilated well. There isn't exactly a massive german speaking population in Pennsylvania now, is there? So it goes back to what the right has been saying about immigration...ability to assimilate is key.

Well...

Germans living stateside were actually treated like dog shit by the US Government and larger part of the citizenry in light of the hysteria brought on by World War I. There was a concentrated effort to crush the culture and thriving 'Little Germania' enclaves prevalent all throughout the Northern/Midwest United States at the time and reduce them to tattered remnants with several lynchings even taking place. That effort largely succeeded and is a big reason why most German-Americans have no connection to their homeland of origin today, particularly if their families were in the US prior to that.

It's also with great regret there isn't a massive German speaking population in Pennsylvania. It still does exist ever so slightly in areas west of it and across the northern US but it hangs on a thread, mostly from the segment of Germans who came after the war(s) and crackdown cooled off and was largely finished.

People stopped speaking German because of WW1.

Fact.

So the germans of those times were as low iq and came with similar cultural savagery and hatred for women as the migrant africans and muslims of current day ?
Yeah, lets compare the european immigration or the asians btw vs hispanic or muslim.

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-trashing-immigrants/?utm_term=.b7deb6644d35

LOL - It's almost like living in tribes was the better option for humanity.

People at that time did not realize Germans are the most evolved assimilators. They follow the rules of the system that leads to a place working.. When outside their home, that's assimilation. Franklin thought Germans would NOT assimilate. Brilliant man; wrong on that one.

People at that time did not realize Germans are the most evolved assimilators. They follow the rules of a system, when that will lead to a place working.. When outside their home, that's assimilation. Franklin thought Germans would NOT assimilate. Brilliant man; wrong on that one.

Anyone with a real curiosity for this topic should check it out. It's very sad and considering German is the largest ancestry group in the US, likely plays a role in the identity crisis so many white Americans seem to be having these days. It may have been stripped from you.

514EejZ2mnL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Those pesky Germans are at it again!
Actually most of the German culture is gone. A lot of people just stopped practicing a lot of their old traditions after World War 1 & 2.

Banned finally

Was getting tired of your incessant spamming if rehashed arguments

Anyone with a real curiosity for this topic should check it out. It's very sad and considering German is the largest ancestry group in the US, likely plays a role in the identity crisis so many white Americans seem to be having these days. It may have been stripped from you.

514EejZ2mnL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Fuck, they won

They even infiltrated my family line

Sneaky hermans

Actually most of the German culture is gone. A lot of people just stopped practicing a lot of their old traditions after World War 1 & 2.

They had to relinqush them in a far more significant manner and degree than immigrants to America since that time are remotely asked to.

They had to relinqush them in a far more significant manner and degree than immigrants to America since that time are remotely asked to.

Considering I'm of German descent I don't think it really matters all that much.

Franklin was probably right, and his successors were largely successful in crushing German culture in the US, and "Anglifying" them.

Didn't have a clue about "whiteness" though.

Considering I'm of German descent I don't think it really matters all that much.

I'm US-born but it's a quite a bit more than 'descent' in the way most people refer to it of generations long gone because as recent as my grandparents were born in Germany, I've spent a lot of time in Franconia and I'm a fluent speaker although it's technically, linguistically a second language in the sense that my English sounds like a 'White American' raised predominantly in the Midwestern, USA. We stayed pretty concentrated if nothing else.

Germans-USA.jpg

So the germans of those times were as low iq and came with similar cultural savagery and hatred for women as the migrant africans and muslims of current day ?

No, Germans are beautiful. :)

What isn't to be respected about a penchant for innovation, industriousness, craftsmanship, organization and punctuality? Those are broad values which were cultivated across German-speaking lands and a big reason why it could simply not be held down, was right back to running Europe within the same century it was on the (resounding) losing end of the two deadliest conflicts in human history, with the second of those literally turning much of the nation to rubble.

No, Germans are beautiful. :)

What isn't to be respected about a penchant for innovation, industriousness, craftsmanship, organization and punctuality? Those are broad values which were cultivated across German-speaking lands and a big reason why it could simply not be held down, was right back to running Europe within the same century it was on the (resounding) losing end of the two deadliest conflicts in human history, all within in the same century and with the second of those conflicts literally turning much of the nation to rubble.

I have not a shred of respect for them, nurderousl nutfucks. But comparing them to muslim or africans is a bit much. The penchant of doing what they are told can be good and bad, good that they assimilate to the new rules. Bad they genocided millions following orders like dogs.

I have not a shred of respect for them, nurderousl nutfucks. But comparing them to muslim or africans is a bit much. The penchant of doing what they are told can be good and bad, good that they assimilate to the new rules. Bad they genocided millions following orders like dogs.

Hah, yeah. I left obedience to rules out of there.

Yaaaaaawn. Will this dumbass idea ever go away?

Newest Immigrants Assimilating as Fast as Previous Ones, Report Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/22/...ilating-as-well-as-past-ones-report-says.html
You should actually read that article because it points out a lot of the reasons why people want immigration to slow down in the first place. It's simply not an all-around benefit to society; the hurdles are high and not easy to get over.

And they can assimilate all they want(Latin and S. America essentially don't per your link), but the fact remains that most immigrants typically suck for at least two to three generations.

People at that time did not realize Germans are the most evolved assimilators. They follow the rules of a system, when that will lead to a place working.. When outside their home, that's assimilation. Franklin thought Germans would NOT assimilate. Brilliant man; wrong on that one.
This is wrong in almost every respect. Assimilation is not defined simply by "obeying the rules of a system outside the home." It is defined by entry into a culture, such that members of the minority group are absorbed into the dominant culture "to such a degree that the assimilating group becomes socially indistinguishable from other members of the society." https://www.britannica.com/topic/assimilation-society ; cf. multiculturalism.

German-Americans maintained a distinct culture, with schools conducted in german, religious services conducted in german, german cultural festivals, all-german army regiments, and german-language newspapers, for approximately 150 years after Franklin made his pronouncement that they would not assimilate. That's the opposite of assimilation.
(Although some of these still exist, they were mostly stamped out forcibly around WW1, as has been discussed in thread.)

Where Franklin was wrong was his idea that different cultures could not coexist, and his conclusion that the outcome would be to "Germanize us" or "our Anglifying them." That conclusion didn't occur organically, and might not have occurred at all had the government not forced the issue.

Last edited:
Back