Will UFC 249 be Cancelled?

It's definitely going to happen. Worst case scenario they move it.

Now stop making hysterical threads about it.
I dunno man they canceled sxsw here in austin and we dont even have any cases of the virus. That's a way bigger deal than canceling a ufc card

I lurked for a while before making an account, and even longer before posting. Been watching since 04’.
My first PPV was UFC 40 with my dad in 02. All finishes, including the non ppv bouts, and I was hooked. My first permaban account was back in 2010. I was on a shittier forum before I came here before. But I lurked in my hs days(06-09). Now I'm a sherbro for life, and respect your decade old account. Is @FallonFoxGOAT the greatest poster of your time? Beside gif master @KazDibiase of course (the real sherdog MVP!!)

U muricans are so ignorant lol.
More and more countrys are cancelling shit and even quarantine whole regions.
'But but but dana told he will never cancel it', lol.

Only old are dying from this shit anyway. Just keep Romero away from the front row and we'll be good.

You can’t just pick a venue an move an event like this, it takes weeks of planning, it’s probably already too late to move it.

the number of infections is most likely much higher than told, not only in the us
hopefully the warmer weather is gonna put an end to it

Easy to spot the children that post on forums like this.

People think because SARS, and swine flu, and Ebola never reached their area or affected someone they know that this COVID19 is a non-event. Sorry to say (because im looking forward to Khabib-Tony) but there is zero chance that UFC 249 is played out in front of a live crowd.

Anyway, it gives a unique view of MMA. Watching the Serie A games in Italy with no crowd is strangely intriguing. Instead of the roar of the crowd after a goal you can hear defenders swear. You can hear every touch of the ball, and the clang it makes when it hits the crossbar. The Khabib/Tony fight with no crowd will be even more compelling. I want to hear the trash talk between them mid-fight. The sound of every punch or elbow landing.

This is all NSAC's fault for over-punishing Khabib then not returning his money or apologizing.

If it wasnt for their arrogance Khabib and Tony would have fought on last weekend's card instead of having their 5th fight now up in the air due to coronavirus

They dont owe him an apology for his unprofessional behavior.
Im surprised they let him leep the belt at all after that.

Easy to spot the children that post on forums like this.

People think because SARS, and swine flu, and Ebola never reached their area or affected someone they know that this COVID19 is a non-event. Sorry to say (because im looking forward to Khabib-Tony) but there is zero chance that UFC 249 is played out in front of a live crowd.

Anyway, it gives a unique view of MMA. Watching the Serie A games in Italy with no crowd is strangely intriguing. Instead of the roar of the crowd after a goal you can hear defenders swear. You can hear every touch of the ball, and the clang it makes when it hits the crossbar. The Khabib/Tony fight with no crowd will be even more compelling. I want to hear the trash talk between them mid-fight. The sound of every punch or elbow landing.

Yes the One FC event with no crowd was pretty damn cool. Id like this.

I agree. As much as it break my heart saying it, I also believe the event will get postponed.

This is all NSAC's fault for over-punishing Khabib then not returning his money or apologizing.

If it wasnt for their arrogance Khabib and Tony would have fought on last weekend's card instead of having their 5th fight now up in the air due to coronavirus
Or.

If it wasn't for khabibs sensitivity, he'd take the silly punishment and fight sooner.

If this fight doesnt happen, he's now at fault for another one.

I agree they should just move it now. The odds of it happening in New York I'd put at under 50/50. Timing of the event is the absolute worst.

Or.

If it wasn't for khabibs sensitivity, he'd take the silly punishment and fight sooner.

If this fight doesnt happen, he's now at fault for another one.

I almost had an auto bulimic event then fucker, you made me laugh so hard my lunch almost made the return journey.

Blaming the potential cancellation of 249 on beeb, hilarious little thing arent you.

You can’t just pick a venue an move an event like this, it takes weeks of planning, it’s probably already too late to move it.
How late did they move the Jones card? Was later then it is to 249 from today if memory serves. Definitely possible to do, problem is if any of the fighters on the cards or relatives of the fighter's start showing symptoms, then the whole thing's fucked. Any cases reported in Vegas? Could always bring it their if an arena's available. Alternative as sad as it would be might be with no fans. Already did that for a few matches in the Serie A before postponing a bunch now.

Imagine if the MMA gods invented a deadly virus just so this fight won't happen.

tenor.gif

Everything is pointing too that this will not happen in New York and prbly not anywhere else in the US. Only if with no crowd.

Whole Italy is in quarantine and I think ppl should get used to the thought of some strange months ahead. With ppl in US avoiding hospitals cus of the cost make it likely that US specially cities will be in similar prbly worse situation than Italy right now in 1 months time.

Get used to the scenario ppl, if some vaccine isn't found very soon i have a hard time seeing it not happening.

For every 1 person that is confirmed there are prbly 10 ppl who has the virus but don't know it since the symptoms can be vague and weak especially if u are not old or sick already.

It's fascinating how fragile us humans are in front of stuff like this and the worst thing to do is trying to forget about it and just hope everything goes well since it really can be stopped but it requires some sacrifices in our lives.

Wuhan seem to be getting lower and lower amount of ppl infected it looks like its pointing in the right direction there, and Wuhan have been a ghost city since the outbreak where ppl have been forced to stay at home and not go out and ppl employed by the state cleaning the cities 24/7.

Back