Will UFC 249 be Cancelled?

That would be unfortunate for the fans who have tickets. Super last minute shit has them thinking they still get to watch some fights til he pulls the rug out.
Ntm that there are probably high-profile celebs/people who already have spent big money on tickets. They are probably banking on big money from the live gate at this point, and won’t move it until it’s a last resort.

Reports are coming out that New York is the most infected state in the US, and is rapidly spreading Covid-19. The US is way behind on testing compared to other countries (so is Canada). This is why the official numbers are so low. Dana White said in the Khabib/Tony conference that they weren’t going to cancel it, but pretty soon it’s going to be out of his hands. Unless they decide to move it somewhere that has less confirmed cases, I really don’t see this event happening, at least not in New York. Concerts and other public events are being cancelled/postponed left and right. They just postponed Coachella. Anyone else still think this is just a normal flu that is going to go away soon? Not me, this is a global pandemic, and I don’t think we’ve even begun to see the worst of what this viral outbreak will bring. To conclude, I’m really sad that the fight we’ve all been looking forward to will most likely be cancelled, this sucks.

Edit: I meant to say New York and Washington state are the most infected in the country. This is especially scary for me as I live in BC.
What reports? Reports from, say, county health officials, would carry a bit more weight than Alex Jones telling you this while pimping his foil-hat line of hand sanitizer.

Links please.

Haha can imagine Liverpool on the way to the title and then a virus fucks it all up

LOL at the UFC being cancelled even being a blip on the radar. They might have to cancel the fucking Olympics rofl.
Not currently dude. The IOC literally told Japan: “No worries, start the Olympics whenever you want”. That was actually a news article lol.

I will quit football forever if Liverpool somehow don’t get the title. Waited so damn long and it would be typical. Just play football games behind closed doors and finish the season if needed, and move UFC events to safer locations.

Man I started supporting Liverpool from 2000, From that time period we came close 4 times but always the bridesmaid, if it happens & FA cancels the league then I would stop watching football altogether.

'But dana told me he wouldnt cancel it'.

He never lies!

Haha can imagine Liverpool on the way to the title and then a virus fucks it all up

Say if we mathematically secure the league & FA cancels the whole thing, I think we should still get the trophy.

NY has what, 9 million people in the greater metro area. And 140 confirmed cases?

Of course there are a lot more that are infected and don't know it but that also tells you that this ain't freaking Ebola. Elderly and infants are at a big risk of course but if thousands of otherwise healthy kids and adults are just thinking they got the flu and are better within days...maybe we shouldn't shut the entire world down in fear?

They should do it in an empty arena. Cancelling the fight altogether would be absolutely barbaric considering its history, but there's almost no chance that the event will go through as planned, considering Corona is spreading in the US fast and America's response has been absolutely pathetic.

Also, I'm baffled at people who decry the so-called "fear mongering". So you don't want to hear bad news because it hurts your feelings? Are you a literal baby? It's better to acknowledge it and deal with it then to ignore it and hope it goes away. Corona definitely won't be the end of the world and the East Asian countries have done a magnificent job of containing it (barely any new cases in China, Singapore etc. and the rate of increase of new cases in Korea is slowing down) but Italy has shown what happens when a limp-wristed government is not decisive in its measures. At least now they've started to take it seriously, but the idiots in the UK, the USA and some other countries are still treating it like a joke. We'll see how much of a joke it really is when tens of thousands of cases pop up in the USA and hospitals are overburdened.

For now the number of cases is rather low. Italy has like 9,000 cases, so it makes more sense.

There’s about 140 in New York State, which has a population of 20 million. And about 25 in New York City, with a population of 8.5 million. So we’re talking 0,00075% and 0,0003% respectively, or 1 case every 340,000 in the city. Obviously this will rise with time, so it will depend on rate of the increase.

For contrast, Italy has 9,000 cases with a population of 60 million. That’s 1 in 6,500.

So, it’s ok to be prudent, but I think that canceling shouldn’t be in the cards for now. I think Barclays Center and MSG are working normally. Let’s just pray to the mma gods.

Last edited:
Say if we mathematically secure the league & FA cancels the whole thing, I think we should still get the trophy.

Yeah if they're the Champs already then they should be. Who knows though, soccer can be wanky enough with it's decisions

What reports? Reports from, say, county health officials, would carry a bit more weight than Alex Jones telling you this while pimping his foil-hat line of hand sanitizer.

Links please.
867E55A3-5635-418F-AB86-523E1FBF42EE.gif

Trump says it's just flu bro
<TheDonald>
so Dana doesn't need to do anything

We definitely would then. Just have to win our next two and it’s officially ours.

If City loses against Arsenal & Burnley (Obviously won't happen) in this week then we become champion even before stepping foot inside Goodison.

NY has what, 9 million people in the greater metro area. And 140 confirmed cases?

Of course there are a lot more that are infected and don't know it but that also tells you that this ain't freaking Ebola. Elderly and infants are at a big risk of course but if thousands of otherwise healthy kids and adults are just thinking they got the flu and are better within days...maybe we shouldn't shut the entire world down in fear?
2 quick things on this.
1) Very weirdly, it seems children are *not* getting this disease. They don't know why that is. Or if they're getting it they're showing only very slight symptoms. Even the experts are finding that quite odd, and apparently not seen before.
I guess google for links, it was a few days ago when i read that.

2) I have friends from New York (up-state, not NYC) who flew in on Sunday. They said Newark airport is extremely quiet. Getting from check-in to the gate took 30mins or less. Never been like that. They said there are noticeable changes in New York in the way people are acting / changing habits. Half the plane passengers wearing masks. Just giving that report from them.

Great, more fearmongering.
Fearmongering? Italy is basically closed down. If the rest of the world had acted with the indifference of the US government, it may have been ten times worse by now.

This is so fucking simple. If we act, this may go away in a whimper and we all ask, what did we worry about? Or we don't act and we get a global pandemic that kills tens of millions of people, and then ask, why didn't anyone act?

For now the number of cases is rather low. Italy has like 9,000 cases, so it makes more sense.

There’s about 140 in New York State, which has a population of 20 million. And about 25 in New York City, with a population of 8.5 million. So we’re talking 0,00075% and 0,0003% respectively, or 1 case every 340,000 in the city. Obviously this will rise with time, so it will depend on rate of the increase.

For contrast, Italy has 9,000 cases with a population of 60 million. That’s 1 in 6,500.

So, it’s ok to be prudent, but I think that canceling shouldn’t be in the cards for now. I think Barclays Center and MSG are working normally. Let’s just pray to the mma gods.
Bro there are way more actual cases in NY and US as a whole. US is currently doing a terrible job testing and putting out official numbers, not to Eddie bravo but it’s probably to avoid panic and hurting the economy, etc. This shit is political, they DGAF about the public imo.

Back