Will you be buying AC Origins?

My first and strongest instinct is that Ubi hasn’t done shit but make things prettier. I’m betting the gameplay is just as stale but “oh graphics are purrdy” lol.

Same shit as Far Cry 5. Yeah it looks great but it’s a fresh coat of paint on an old turd. Watch Dogs 2 was on the right track. This other crap is just eye candy.

But hey, I hope I’m wrong. My brother is getting it Friday so we’ll see.

You will probably still be right. When you can make me go meh on a far cry game, you have a problem with making boring shit.

I'm playing Syndicate yet. I'll buy when it's on sale.

I don't know if Matty was accurate with what he was saying between the 0:35-0:45 portion of this video, but if he was then I'd be careful with all these early reviews that have been put out already.

I usually trust ACG and he said wait for a sale. He pretty much said what I expected the game to be.

Probably not. I like the setting a lot but those games always play the same

Bruh the multiplayer on AC Origins better be some impeccably timed stuns/poisons because if I hear they're still doing timed delays on multiplayer perks I will fuck right off into the night and never buy this game

Who the fuck is Matty? Some gingerhaired 12 year old prick with a Youtube channel? Oh hey there sport. It's lil' ol' Matty. Twitch streamers and youtubers are just like ign. Paid shills and their rhetoric of looking out for consumers is laughable. I'm looking out for you guys. Please tip and like and subscribe and follow me on Twitter.

I usually trust ACG and he said wait for a sale. He pretty much said what I expected the game to be.

I like him because he's thorough but I couldn't disagree with his Horizon:ZD review, well every Horizon review out there, and a ton of others. He's weirdly critical of some games but lets other things slide...like every other reviewer.

I played for a few hours and the world is gorgeous. Combat is fun but could be a little tighter. It's much more engaging than any other previous AC game....granted the last one I truly sunk some time into was AC2. I like Bayek a lot. He's not some dipshit greenhorn assasssin. He's older, he's seen some shit and he's out for blood.

I bought the game and I haven't regretted it yet. Combat is a lot better than what I was expecting , and that Egypt setting.... absolutely gorgeous. Bayek is a great character too. I'm about 4 hours in so far.

Either I suck at stealth or it's extremely hard, can't seem to clear an area without being spotted.

I don't know if Matty was accurate with what he was saying between the 0:35-0:45 portion of this video, but if he was then I'd be careful with all these early reviews that have been put out already.

Looks like the combat and leveling system has been ripped from the Shadows series :) which is ironic because SoW was blatantly based on AC. How awesome would an assassins game with the Nemesis system built in be?

Either I suck at stealth or it's extremely hard, can't seem to clear an area without being spotted.

I took out a couple small forts and they were easy. I made the mistake of going at night for the main story fort in the starting area and I definitely missed marking a few dudes because I had to run and hide a few times. It was tense and I kind of like it that I can't just stroll into the bigger places and wipe everyone out easily. I'm also playing on Hard. My best advice would be to spend a little extra time with Senu and be meticulous about marking dudes. It was kind of weird in that first story fort, Temple of Amon or whatever, because I killed the main target by stomping on his head while he was sleeping without even realizing it was him until I got a ton of story cutscenes and some small background flavor gameplay. A little underwhelming but hilarious nonetheless.

Looks like the combat and leveling system has been ripped from the Shadows series :) which is ironic because SoW was blatantly based on AC. How awesome would an assassins game with the Nemesis system built in be?

That would be amazing. I'm kind of surprised more games, well any games, haven't copied that mechanic. It's brilliant and there's still room for improvement and qol changes that would make it even better. I do have to say I'm already missing how fast and nimble Talion is versus Bayek. It kind of sucks there isn't a faster sprint button. He's on that Conor cardio regime I guess.

Bruh the multiplayer on AC Origins better be some impeccably timed stuns/poisons because if I hear they're still doing timed delays on multiplayer perks I will fuck right off into the night and never buy this game
there hasn't been PvP in any AC game since Black Flag and even in Black Flag that PvP was shit.

Hmm.

Difficult to get used to the combat system after SoM. Dude isn’t as fast or deadly as Tallion. Controls seem sluggish.

I’ve got a massive backlog of games in this series. I played AC 1, 2 Brotherhood and Revelations but I’ve been stalled out on 3 for basically five years now, while at the same time I’ve continued to acquire the rest of the series. Meaning I own Blackflag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate yet haven’t played any of them yet. Smh.

I can see myself eventually picking this one up when it’s on sale for like $10 in a few years if I ever get around to finishing 3 and carrying on with the series.

353.gif

giphy.gif

Other than Downward Thurst and that guy that does the "buy, wait for sale, rent, stay away" vids most "reviewers" on YouTube suck ass now.

You can tell some of them down rate games cause they didn't get an early copy or some shit and they're being spiteful and Angry Joe I used to like but his goddamn reviews are like an hour long nowadays and are just ridiculous.

EDIT:
And I like Downward Thurst cause he is unique and does vids like this:

It's KINDA like a review but not at the same time. RussianBadger is pretty awesome too:

Last edited:
Hmm.

Difficult to get used to the combat system after SoM. Dude isn’t as fast or deadly as Tallion. Controls seem sluggish.

It's a different approach for sure. There's actual combos, albeit limited combos, and I looooooooove parrying enemies in melee combat games. I don't have the timing down just yet to really dominate in a battle. There's definitely a pushback mechanic when you land a three or four hit combo so I am happy you can't just stunlock enemies to death. Some of the finishing moves are a nice touch and remind me of some of the executions in For Honor.

It's slower paced but the weapon variety is a lot more fun for me. Plus, it looks like on the Seer side of the skill tree there are a few more options that will really help when cornered by multiple opponents.

Miss that double jump though! And Bayek is already a much more compelling character than Talion will ever be. Not that Talion set the bar high at all lol. I'm going to have all weekend to binge this game and I can't wait.

I'm still bitter about Assassins Creed Unity. I skipped Syndicate and I'll probably skip Origins as well unless I hear the game is worth it or theres a flash sale.

It's a different approach for sure. There's actual combos, albeit limited combos, and I looooooooove parrying enemies in melee combat games. I don't have the timing down just yet to really dominate in a battle. There's definitely a pushback mechanic when you land a three or four hit combo so I am happy you can't just stunlock enemies to death. Some of the finishing moves are a nice touch and remind me of some of the executions in For Honor.

It's slower paced but the weapon variety is a lot more fun for me. Plus, it looks like on the Seer side of the skill tree there are a few more options that will really help when cornered by multiple opponents.

Miss that double jump though! And Bayek is already a much more compelling character than Talion will ever be. Not that Talion set the bar high at all lol. I'm going to have all weekend to binge this game and I can't wait.

I think SoW and SoM are a throwback to AC 2 where if you got in a big group fight but kept your shit together calmly you could murder them all but one or missteps and you were dead. The later games fucked that up by adding shooters.

Back