Will you be buying AC Origins?

353.gif

giphy.gif

Other than Downward Thurst and that guy that does the "buy, wait for sale, rent, stay away" vids most "reviewers" on YouTube suck ass now.

You can tell some of them down rate games cause they didn't get an early copy or some shit and they're being spiteful and Angry Joe I used to like but his goddamn reviews are like an hour long nowadays and are just ridiculous.

EDIT:
And I like Downward Thurst cause he is unique and does vids like this:

It's KINDA like a review but not at the same time. RussianBadger is pretty awesome too:

It's the message I was trying to share in regards to review copies only coming out on Monday (whether true or not, I don't know). Not the messenger. Doesn't really matter who he is. But if review copies were in fact only sent out on Monday afternoon for all but the big gaming sites then why would anybody put any stock in all those reviews that came out right after the embargo was lifted at midnight Wednesday night? I'd assume Origins is at least a 40, maybe 50 hour game. Too many of those review channels on youtube are just in it for the hits for the uploaders own financial benefit rather than making it a point to give out good info on games.

I like Downward Thrust as well. Been following him for at least a couple of years now. ACG is the "buy, wait for sale, etc" guy, and he lost my trust some time ago. Never been a fan of Angry Joe. His videos are/were too immature for my liking.

It's the message I was trying to share in regards to review copies only coming out on Monday (whether true or not, I don't know). Not the messenger. Doesn't really matter who he is. But if review copies were in fact only sent out on Monday afternoon for all but the big gaming sites then why would anybody put any stock in all those reviews that came out right after the embargo was lifted at midnight Wednesday night? I'd assume Origins is at least a 40, maybe 50 hour game. Too many of those review channels on youtube are just in it for the hits for the uploaders own financial benefit rather than making it a point to give out good info on games.

I like Downward Thrust as well. Been following him for at least a couple of years now. ACG is the "buy, wait for sale, etc" guy, and he lost my trust some time ago. Never been a fan of Angry Joe. His videos are/were too immature for my liking.
I think IGN has been trying to change their review process as at least for the new WWE game and a recent AAA game (probably D2 because of it being online and MP) they did "review in progress" sorts of things and highlighted what they liked/didn't like about 5 hours in and then had a final review up a day or two later.

Course, I could have gotten confused with a different channel too.

Hmm.

Difficult to get used to the combat system after SoM. Dude isn’t as fast or deadly as Tallion. Controls seem sluggish.
the controls just feel clunky all together like going from stealth to normal combat maybe the skill tree will make stuff smooth out. I still prefer the stealth kills in the Middle-Earth games and earlier AC title then agian I'm just at the very start so this could still be the tutorial like in ACIII but just want a quick kill.

I think IGN has been trying to change their review process as at least for the new WWE game and a recent AAA game (probably D2 because of it being online and MP) they did "review in progress" sorts of things and highlighted what they liked/didn't like about 5 hours in and then had a final review up a day or two later.

That's how they should all be Destiny 2 felt like a really really good game like what Destiny 1 should've been for the first 40-50hrs then after that it dropped off fast.

IGN has been doing that for a while now haven't they? I seem to remember them doing something like that for DA Inquisition back when that was coming out. Of course, like you, I may be confusing them with someone else. I do like that idea of a "review in progress", though, if someone other than sites like IGN implemented it.

That's how they should all be Destiny 2 felt like a really really good game like what Destiny 1 should've been for the first 40-50hrs then after that it dropped off fast.
I think Bungie underestimated how quick the race to the end game was going to be this go around.

Thankfully another Faction rally should be coming given the PC just got released, and then Season 2/SRL/Dawning event and the first DLC is around the corner too.

I think Bungie underestimated how quick the race to the end game was going to be this go around.

Thankfully another Faction rally should be coming given the PC just got released, and then Season 2/SRL/Dawning event and the first DLC is around the corner too.
Underestimated is an understatement they should've known from D1 how fast ppl level up. Plus with gear not having upgrade nodes and them simplifying the subclasses skillsets they removed damn near all the grinding that ppl did during the yr1 Destiny endgame.

Underestimated is an understatement they should've known from D1 how fast ppl level up. Plus with gear not having upgrade nodes and them simplifying the subclasses skillsets they removed damn near all the grinding that ppl did during the yr1 Destiny endgame.
I think they tried to counter it with the level gear drops at with the soft cap at like 265 then the annoying super hard cap at like 280 where everything drops 5 levels below what you are till you hit 300 as a way to force people to Raid like 20 times and shit and extend time out until you are 305 on all characters.

Too bad it just infuriates everyone.

I think they tried to counter it with the level gear drops at with the soft cap at like 265 then the annoying super hard cap at like 280 where everything drops 5 levels below what you are till you hit 300 as a way to force people to Raid like 20 times and shit and extend time out until you are 305 on all characters.

Too bad it just infuriates everyone.
Yeah I got all my guys to 300 and said fuck it no need to go to 305 when lvl advantages aren't in play in the Iron Banner. I never did the raids in D1 or Trails when that was the best gear in the game not about to do them in D2 when everything is the same as basic drops.

Downward Thrust posted his thoughts.

I was done after AC2. AC3 had a shitty protaganist and they dumbed down everything including the parkour (which is actually improved). AC4 was boring as fuck.

I'm actually really stoked to get this around the holidays when my work schedule will allow me to sit at home and do nothing (construction). A.C. Rogue was my favorite and was really underrated. I wish they would re-release it for the PS4

I'm actually really stoked to get this around the holidays when my work schedule will allow me to sit at home and do nothing (construction). A.C. Rogue was my favorite and was really underrated. I wish they would re-release it for the PS4

I liked Rogue a whole lot as well. Probably my 2nd favourite AC game behind only Black Flag.

If you're already a fan of AC games, I don't know how you won't love this. The world design is up there with the greats and it's such an amazing slice of history. I'm in love with this game so far. I have about 8 hours logged and I just finished the prologue. I'm having too much fun climbing, shooting crocodiles and murdering bandits. And the loot...so much loot to grab.

U-b-soft finally got exploration right. Not the same icons on the map like in Blag Flag and every other AC to date, but the variety leads to surprises. No fetch quests thus far. Huge open spaces to ride while looking for an oasis-type in the dunes to explore, while hoping there's no sandstorm that makes you ride around hoping you find something rather than seeing it in the distance (or being attacked by beasts). They've put time in this. Not a cheap checklist-type.

As an older bearded scarred daddy man with muscles I like older bearded scarred muscular daddy men as heroes instead of long haired sheep buggerers, whiny orphans and stereotypical tough but beautiful smart ass women.

If you're already a fan of AC games, I don't know how you won't love this. The world design is up there with the greats and it's such an amazing slice of history. I'm in love with this game so far. I have about 8 hours logged and I just finished the prologue. I'm having too much fun climbing, shooting crocodiles and murdering bandits. And the loot...so much loot to grab.
{<redford}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back