Wladmir Klitschko gives high praise to McGregor's performance.

Anyone who hates on Conor is a complete fucking idiot. I'm not even a fan, like at all. you can quote me saying Nate deserved the nod.

It's just pathetic how much sherdoggers hate on him.
You'll get over it

I agree with him, 100%. Floyd is the undefeated P4P king of boxing and Conor came from mma, yet did surprisingly well for a money fight, he was a game opponent that held his own against the very best. Of course he was defeated though, it's Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match, but the respect and props he deserves should have been much more prevalent among mma fans.

On this site especially have I never been more unimpressed with the mma fan base who think giving our representative of the sport some props for fighting as he did is a ridiculous thing to say, as if they expected Conor to win or something?

No there wouldn't be.

Nobody expected Conor to look halfway decent in there against Floyd. Atleast nobody with any boxing knowledge. Notice I said decent, not good or great.

I expected him to be completely clowned. He still got clowned, but not anywhere near what I expected
That's cause he got carried

I will always be amazed at that counter uppercut McG landed on Floyd in Rnd 1. Was a thing of beauty

No there wouldn't be.

Nobody expected Conor to look halfway decent in there against Floyd. Atleast nobody with any boxing knowledge. Notice I said decent, not good or great.

I expected him to be completely clowned. He still got clowned, but not anywhere near what I expected
nobody??? did you miss the poll leading up to the fight? 10% people voted that he would beat Floyd. 10 fucking percent.

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/j...gregors-beautiful-boxing-vs-floyd-mayweather/

‘McGregor wasn’t an easy opponent to box against. He was fast and Floyd respected his punches. Because he was powerful in all of his punches – both with his left and right…

‘I think everyone expected Mayweather to win but personally, I didn’t expect McGregor to be this competitive. Especially in the opening rounds, he produced beautiful boxing.

He followed all the rules. It was very clean boxing.'

You could see after that slip uppercut in the first round Floyd had to respect Conor's counter punching ability, at least early.

The negative sentiment that Conor was getting carried is being overblown by only his biggest detractors, it baffles me a little because Conor made mma look good if anything. He's getting mostly high praise from pro boxers and especially mma fighters.

To the people who love mma and hate Conor McGregor, could you not swallow your pride and accept that he's helping the sport?
Almost all the positive remarks are from people who didn't think much of Conor. Low expectations.

I'll take Wlads opinion over some sherdog hater.

Conor did amazingly well.

The very visible boxing community give him praise. They have soundbites to give out. The people like trainers and expert analysts saw it for what it was. You can spout all the "hater" shit all you want too. Floyd played with that kid. Spanked him, then put him to bed. End of story, fuck your opinions.

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/j...gregors-beautiful-boxing-vs-floyd-mayweather/

‘McGregor wasn’t an easy opponent to box against. He was fast and Floyd respected his punches. Because he was powerful in all of his punches – both with his left and right…

‘I think everyone expected Mayweather to win but personally, I didn’t expect McGregor to be this competitive. Especially in the opening rounds, he produced beautiful boxing.

He followed all the rules. It was very clean boxing.'

You could see after that slip uppercut in the first round Floyd had to respect Conor's counter punching ability, at least early.

The negative sentiment that Conor was getting carried is being overblown by only his biggest detractors, it baffles me a little because Conor made mma look good if anything. He's getting mostly high praise from pro boxers and especially mma fighters.

To the people who love mma and hate Conor McGregor, could you not swallow your pride and accept that he's helping the sport?

Most people who aren't idiots respect his performance. Anyone with a brain expects anyone who has never boxed professionally to look awful and get blasted by quick by one of the GOAT boxers.

Almost all the positive remarks are from people who didn't think much of Conor. Low expectations.

my cousins boxing trainer thought, that Conor (he never watched MMA) is a wrestler... thats why he said, he did really well for a wrestling guy
{<jordan}

It's okay man. I know boxing legends giving Conor respect makes you tearful and upset but you don't need to come into threads and publicly cry about it.

Lol I know you need to hang onto your moral victory. But it isn't real

Back