WMMA Discussion #29

Norma Dumont vs. Germaine de Randamie. Good seeing Dumont made weight and the return of GDR. Early on Dumont had success in getting De Randamie down and controlling the action from there. Round two GDR got her jab and clinch working more effectively while avoiding being grounded for long, evening the score. The final frame started with GDR getting her quality strikes. Dumont was relentless in charging forward for takedowns and eventually landed favorable top positions, winning the round and the fight. Mucho respect from both fighters toward each other, which is always good to see. Hoping they continue enlivening the division.

Nora Cornolle vs. Melissa Tonya Mullins. Both fighters missed the 135 limit and agreed to fight at catchweight. After a closely contested first round, Mullins came out swinging to start round two. She overextended and Cornolle capitalized with spinning moves and body shots, then drove in with a devastating knee to the liver. Cornolle followed up with huge kicks to the head as her opponent collapsed to the floor. Cornolle scored the impressive round 2 TKO.

Looking forward to UFC 300 April 13. SW Weili Zhang vs. Xiaonan Yan, BW Holly Holm vs. Kayla Harrison & SW Jessica Andrade vs. Marina Rodriguez.

1) wonder where danni ends up

2) wonder what happens to Invicta
As far as Invicta goes who knows since there owners Anthem Sports & Entertainment can not make payroll on
time with there pro wrestling brand they operate (TNA Wrestling) so the money ills could have funneled down
resulting in events being delayed since all event purses have to be a posted cash bond with the state athletic
commissions to get event permits in MMA and other commission regulated combat sports.

As far as Invicta goes who knows since there owners Anthem Sports & Entertainment can not make payroll on
time with there pro wrestling brand they operate (TNA Wrestling) so the money ills could have funneled down
resulting in events being delayed since all event purses have to be a posted cash bond with the state athletic
commissions to get event permits in MMA and other commission regulated combat sports.
Was not aware of this. This just further backs up my theory that selling to a network is the ultimate death sentence for a promotion. MMA promotions make the vast majority of their money from broadcast deals. What money does a promotion bring in, then, if they’re owned by their broadcaster? They are then 100% reliant on ticket sales and sponsors.

Atomweight bout from this weekend. Park returning after a long layoff from getting her arm hyperextended and needing surgery. Aira Koga has a funky style that’s fun to watch. Check out the ring awarded to the winner!

Invicta been died a long time ago for me. All they do now is post highlight clips of any WMMA fighter who has a fight coming up in other promotions that actually book fights.

Vivi really needs this win. That said, I’d be more than fine with Jas picking up the win.

Saori Oshima (13-4, DEEP microweight champ) and Aya Murakami (7-1, Deep Jewels microweight champ) to meet with both belts on the line. This is a damn good fight. Both are very aggressive submission artists who are always on the attack.

Anyone remember when a fight in France got stood up from a crucifix position?

The girl who was on top and landing G&P got a response back from her appeal:

Doesn’t matter the country, sports commissions are a joke.

Friday April 12, 2024

[MMA] XFC 50 Lakeland, Florida, USA
Main Card – iPPV (TrillerTV) – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Pearl Gonzalez vs. Monica Medina
Hannah Goldy vs. Tayde Marcia
Kayla Stricker vs. Rebekah Rotenberry

[BARE KNUCKLE BOXING] BKFC Fight Night: Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida, USA
Main Card – Free Stream YouTube – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Jessica Borga vs. Katharina Lehner
Angel Hernandez vs. Rayne Wells

[MMA] Budo Sento Championship 21 Mexico City, Mexico
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Nadia Vera vs. Giuliana Cosnard
Regina Tarin vs. Andrea Garcia
Preliminary Card – YouTube – TBD

Saturday April 13

[MMA] ROAD FC 68
Seoul, South Korea
Main Card – Afreeca TV – 1:00am ET / 10:00am PT

[MMA] SFT 47: Lany Silva vs. Laysa da Silva
Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Main Card – YouTube – 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
Lany Silva vs. Laysa da Silva
Vanessa Melo vs. Fernanda Barbosa

[MMA] UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – iPPV (ESPN+) – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Weili Zhang vs. Xiaonan Yan
Preliminary Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Holly Holm vs. Kayla Harrison
Jéssica Andrade vs. Marina Rodriguez

Sunday April 14

[MUAY THAI] NJKF: Minerva: Goddess of Victory 2
Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT
NA☆NA vs. Noriko Ueno
Nao vs. Mari Kamikariya
Mayu Aoki vs. Marina
Shoko vs. Chigusa Saito
Seri vs. Azu
AIKO vs. Anne Machiya
Juri vs. Yuriko
Uver∞miyU vs. Honoka
Kyoko vs. Saya Suzuki
Aimi vs. Yuna Takahashi
Yuzuki Hotta vs. Natsumi
Mai Matsufuji vs. Muupar Madoka
Kanako Ninomine vs. Naoko
Miyu Kohinata vs. Fuka Sugita

More: https://grabakahitman.com/

I'd personally like to give props to the PFL for how they're handling their Featherweight/Lightweight roster. They announced 4 bouts in the span of a couple of days, which is way more than Invicta and UFC ever did. I think it is admirable that they are using the Bellator events to keep their Featherweights busy.

I gotta make my research to make sure they haven't dropped anyone, but imagine a roster that in addition to the already announced fights, has Sarah MacMann, Cat Zingano, Martina Jindróva, Jackie Cataline, Amber Leibrock, Pam Sorenson, Marina Mokhnatkhina, Leah McCourt, Julia Budd, Abigail Montes, among others for potential matchups! They realistically could have the deepest Featherweight roster that's ever been assembled under one promotion, and that Cyborg vs Pacheco fight could be something special.

Gonna take the obvious picks Zhang, Harrison and Andrade. Hopefully all by finish and POTN all around I could see it being an everyone finish gets 50k night.

Wouldn't be mad if it was Rodriguez ko Andrade instead.

I'd personally like to give props to the PFL for how they're handling their Featherweight/Lightweight roster. They announced 4 bouts in the span of a couple of days, which is way more than Invicta and UFC ever did. I think it is admirable that they are using the Bellator events to keep their Featherweights busy.

I gotta make my research to make sure they haven't dropped anyone, but imagine a roster that in addition to the already announced fights, has Sarah MacMann, Cat Zingano, Martina Jindróva, Jackie Cataline, Amber Leibrock, Pam Sorenson, Marina Mokhnatkhina, Leah McCourt, Julia Budd, Abigail Montes, among others for potential matchups! They realistically could have the deepest Featherweight roster that's ever been assembled under one promotion, and that Cyborg vs Pacheco fight could be something special.
I won't get too excited until they book an actual good fight. There's a reason they've not made cyborg vs Pacheco already.

Budd I'm sure they've cut. Cat was done her contract. Something weird happened with McCourt's last fight.
Marina would be smart to leave and get down to 135 she'd be a good UFC bw.

Back