Woodley beat arguably the best striker and the best grappler in the UFC. Who can beat him ?

man rory did a gsp on woodly. that take down. GSP has to has to has to beat Woodly if they ever fight. would totally suck if he doesnt. But Woodly has got to be so much smarter now than he was then and not let GSP get that type of take down on him. hes gonna have to make GSP work for it big time.

Might be champion for a while. Woodley is a complete and smart fighter. Hope the winner of Lawler - Dos Anjos gets a shot soon.

Might be champion for a while. Woodley is a complete and smart fighter. Hope the winner of Lawler - Dos Anjos gets a shot soon.

Woodley isn't a complete fighter. He's a mediocre fighter with explosiveness, and he fights boring to steal rounds. He doesn't have the cardio to fight full rounds, so he tries to get takedowns/punches at the end of boring rounds to win judges decisions.

The UFC needs a yellow card system. Any time a fighter spends 3-4 minutes of a round with their back to the cage, doing nothing but defending, they should get a yellow card and lose 1 point on the scorecards. His opponents can pressure him against the cage, but at the end of the day it takes two to fight: if Woodley is happy to sit back and defend, you can only do so much.

If this system was in place, Woodley would have lost both Wonderboy fights AND the Maia fight. Demian Maia of all people had Woodley pressured against the cage, with very little happening for long stretches. Woodley should have been DQ'd for inactivity.

Tyrone Woodley is not a good fighter, and I don't care to watch his fights either.

And then he was ducked by GSP, who's arguably the most complete fighter on the roster.

As we know, styles make matches, so is there any style left that may cause the undisputed WW champ any trouble ? Or is Woodley just that good ? I know Rory was able to do it, but that was 3 years ago. Woodley has improved and Rory is not even in the UFC anymore.

Regardless of the answer, we should all take our time and appreciate one of the most talented and active champions nowadays. Tyron Woodley is very underrated here. The Chosen One bless

nintchdbpict000295588587-e1484924039792.jpg

He's a nobody

People keep saying "anybody good at this and that can beat Woodley" but nobody comes up with a solid name.
GSP ducked him.
Conor ducked him.
Diaz ducked him.
Bisping ducked him.

As they should, Woodley would KO them all.

Not sure if serious or retarded

Not sure if serious or retarded

Lol!! Rory needs to come back and Ghetto Gag him again. Also... Woodley seemed real Gung Ho about moving up to middleweight just a little bit ago. Why not try and avenge almost getting decapitated by Nate?! Start there :)

And then he was ducked by GSP, who's arguably the most complete fighter on the roster.

As we know, styles make matches, so is there any style left that may cause the undisputed WW champ any trouble ? Or is Woodley just that good ? I know Rory was able to do it, but that was 3 years ago. Woodley has improved and Rory is not even in the UFC anymore.

Regardless of the answer, we should all take our time and appreciate one of the most talented and active champions nowadays. Tyron Woodley is very underrated here. The Chosen One bless

nintchdbpict000295588587-e1484924039792.jpg

Woodley and Rory have both improved since they fought. Styles make fights, I'd bet on Rory again, though I think Woodley is a better fighter in general. Think Foreman beats Frazier, Frazier beats Ali, Ali beats Foreman. However, as you say Rory left the UFC so if you're limiting yourself to the UFC than I don't think any WW beats Woodley, though Thompson likely could draw him again, though I hope they never make that matchup again ... or make it a one round fight, since they both just stand around the first four rounds anyway.

And in what universe is going for a title in a heavier weight division ducking someone in a lower weight division. Are you saying Woodley is ducking Tony Ferguson?

And just out of curiosity, though you can argue that Maia is the best grappler in the UFC (I disagree, but he's on the list), who is the best striker in the UFC that Woodley beat? I can't think of a single WW who I'd put on that list.

Last edited:
Woodley isn't a complete fighter. He's a mediocre fighter with explosiveness, and he fights boring to steal rounds. He doesn't have the cardio to fight full rounds, so he tries to get takedowns/punches at the end of boring rounds to win judges decisions.

The UFC needs a yellow card system. Any time a fighter spends 3-4 minutes of a round with their back to the cage, doing nothing but defending, they should get a yellow card and lose 1 point on the scorecards. His opponents can pressure him against the cage, but at the end of the day it takes two to fight: if Woodley is happy to sit back and defend, you can only do so much.

If this system was in place, Woodley would have lost both Wonderboy fights AND the Maia fight. Demian Maia of all people had Woodley pressured against the cage, with very little happening for long stretches. Woodley should have been DQ'd for inactivity.

Tyrone Woodley is not a good fighter, and I don't care to watch his fights either.

So an elite wrestler who just outstruck the best striker in the game is a mediocre fighter? Are you aware that mediocre sort of means "average" ? A champion is not mediocre by definition

Woodley is pretty good, very talented man. Last few fights have been hard to watch and if he keeps just backing up to the cage and waiting, someone will make him pay for it.

So an elite wrestler who just outstruck the best striker in the game is a mediocre fighter? Are you aware that mediocre sort of means "average" ? A champion is not mediocre by definition

You didn't read my post and process it with your brain. You can't just knee-jerk reply without thinking, or at least you shouldn't be allowed to.

He "out struck" Wonderboy by fighting boring and being explosive for brief moments of the fight. That doesn't mean you're a good striker, it just means you're explosive. He did this by fighting boring and conserving energy. HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS. As I said, the UFC should penalize fighters for being passive and backing up against the cage like Woodley does.

If the UFC would penalize passive fighters, Woodley would be forced to fight the whole round. In that case, Woodley is a very average fighter -- he doesn't have the cardio or technical skills to fight 5 full rounds. He'd explode, win a few exchanges, gas, and then be beaten. Either that, or he'd retreat against the cage and fight passive, be penalized losing 1 point every round, and lose a decision.

Woodley is only good because he can coast 3-4 minutes per round doing nothing, and then steal the round.

You didn't read my post and process it with your brain. You can't just knee-jerk reply without thinking, or at least you shouldn't be allowed to.

He "out struck" Wonderboy by fighting boring and being explosive for brief moments of the fight. That doesn't mean you're a good striker, it just means you're explosive. He did this by fighting boring and conserving energy. HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS. As I said, the UFC should penalize fighters for being passive and backing up against the cage like Woodley does.

If the UFC would penalize passive fighters, Woodley would be forced to fight the whole round. In that case, Woodley is a very average fighter -- he doesn't have the cardio or technical skills to fight 5 full rounds. He'd explode, win a few exchanges, gas, and then be beaten. Either that, or he'd retreat against the cage and fight passive, be penalized losing 1 point every round, and lose a decision.

Woodley is only good because he can coast 3-4 minutes per round doing nothing, and then steal the round.

Lol Woodley got FOTN for his first fight with Wonderboy, dropping him twice and winning at least one 10-8 rounds Why dont you blame Wonderboy for the passiveness ? As far as we know Tyron did the most damage. Your bias is clear as water. Did he coast against Lawler too lmao ? Lawler got KTFO in less than 2 minutes

Lol Woodley got FOTN for his first fight with Wonderboy, dropping him twice and winning at least one 10-8 rounds Why dont you blame Wonderboy for the passiveness ? As far as we know Tyron did the most damage. Your bias is clear as water. Did he coast against Lawler too lmao ? Lawler got KTFO in less than 2 minutes

I'm not going to argue with you, because you clearly believe that fighters should be able to exploit the rules to get decision wins.

And yes, Woodley is explosive and he's got power. I'm not denying that. But if he fought Lawler 10 times, he's not going to get a KO every time. He beat Lawler and that's all there is. And that's also the bonus of explosiveness -- you can score big flash KO's.

But if Woodley doesn't KO his opponents, he shouldn't be rewarded for spending extended amounts of time with his back against the cage. If he tries to conserve energy like that he should get a yellow card and lose a point. I've never seen a fighter spend as much time with his back against the cage as Woodley does.

It even happened against fricken Maia!! The non-striker had Tyron with his back against the cage for a lot of that fight. That's pathetic. He should be banned from the UFC for that display of cowardice and apathy.

Red King!

Also, GSP beats him if he ever decides to fight at 170 again.

Back