Woodley beat arguably the best striker and the best grappler in the UFC. Who can beat him ?

People keep saying "anybody good at this and that can beat Woodley" but nobody comes up with a solid name.
GSP ducked him.
Conor ducked him.
Diaz ducked him.
Bisping ducked him.

As they should, Woodley would KO them all.

I see Colby’s name isn’t there.

Tyrun Duckley wants none of him

I think RDA would beat him. Only because Tyron likes to put his back up against the cage against pressure fighters and RDA would smother him.

who can beat him? someone that doesn't give him all the fucking respect in the world....Woodley caves when he is under pressure

Their games are both so one dimensional, that they are easier to put a gameplan together for, especially a gameplan that involves minimal offensive output.

When Woodley loses, it will be to a true Mixed Martial Artist. RDA maybe. I think GSP smokes him. But other than that, he can really tailor a game plan to most top WWs. The top of that division is increadibly 1 dimensional.

Let's see him fight Lawler or Condit again.
Lawler hasnt been the same since the rory fight. Hes not as active and aggressive as he used to be, (i felt Condit beat him fairly obviously)and his wrestling isnt at a level to make woodley fear the takedown.

GSP and Rory are his biggest threats.

GSP beats him by " whatever he wants , whenever he wants".
Will be a tought night for GSP though, I dont see anybody else right now in the UFC who can.
Whoever says Colby can is delusional, the man face was pushed in by Damian Maia. Woodley will ktfo him quickly.

And then he was ducked by GSP, who's arguably the most complete fighter on the roster.

As we know, styles make matches, so is there any style left that may cause the undisputed WW champ any trouble ? Or is Woodley just that good ? I know Rory was able to do it, but that was 3 years ago. Woodley has improved and Rory is not even in the UFC anymore.

Regardless of the answer, we should all take our time and appreciate one of the most talented and active champions nowadays. Tyron Woodley is very underrated here. The Chosen One bless

nintchdbpict000295588587-e1484924039792.jpg
Thought Wonderboy win both. Needs to be a 3rd, even if the 2nd was boring.

Would favor Rory to beat him in a rematch also. Too bad he's off in Bellator.
Hopefully Till can go on a good run.

GSP beats him by " whatever he wants , whenever he wants".
Will be a tought night for GSP though, I dont see anybody else right now in the UFC who can.
Whoever says Colby can is delusional, the man face was pushed in by Damian Maia. Woodley will ktfo him quickly.

Colby beat Maia more impressively than Woodley did. And he had 2 less rounds to do it

How about the best grappler with the worst takedowns and striking???

20130615072238_aaaa.JPG

I think RDA would beat him. Only because Tyron likes to put his back up against the cage against pressure fighters and RDA would smother him.

Huge fan of RDA but Eddie Alvarez, someone who is not very technically gifted , landed that right hand and rocked him. Once Tyron lands t is all over

Rory or GSP
Someone who is versatile, with a good jab and good wrestling.
Woodley could still land a bomb on them though

Colby beat Maia more impressively than Woodley did. And he had 2 less rounds to do it
True, but Woodly was playing it safe. When people defend titles they dont risk much. Still Tyrone managed to damage Maias face pretty damn significantly with just one punch.

I’m no Tyrun fan by any means but Rory wouldnt have that same type of success against Woodley now.
I think Rory beats Woodly. He just has the tools. Wrestling Boxing and knows how to use his length. Woodley tend to wait to counter and that was the problem Wonderboy had with Woodley. Because Wonderboy is used to countering and was forced out of his comfort zone to go offensive. That isn't wonderboy's style. Rory on the otherhand will exploit it and use his jab all night and will pick Woodley apart.

Woodley's weak to pressure fighters, but he hits so damn hard people are scared to put on that kind of pressure. It's gonna take a fearless pressure fighter with a granite chin, and those are in short supply at WW. Maybe Diaz? But he seems on a slide lately.

Anybody with a good ground game a good striking can beat Woodley. Tyrone has a low fight iq that is easily taken advantage of and ends up getting stuck with his back to the fence. Now a good striker can out work him from this position. But watch out for moments of brilliance because Tyrone has very good speed and power.

I'm gonna guess Jake Shields and Rory MacDonald. But that's just 2 wild guesses. We'd have to see them fight to see how it pans out........

Woodley's weak to pressure fighters, but he hits so damn hard people are scared to put on that kind of pressure. It's gonna take a fearless pressure fighter with a granite chin, and those are in short supply at WW. Maybe Diaz? But he seems on a slide lately.
Diaz is the perfect mix to beat Woodley. Tyrone wouldn't want any of Diaz's ground game and he's just get backed up to the fence and teed off on.

Back