Woodley training in boxing/mma fans making excuses early.

Does one have to be good to be professional?
Nope. You just have to get paid to show up... From a technical stand point i'd say anyone who has gotten paid to box more than once is considered professional.

Tech just one fight makes you pro...... But to say say Askren was a pro boxer for even one fight is fucking <36>

None of it will matter in the context of the result. Floyd well stop Paul whenever he decides to go through his gears.
Yes, in boxing terms Woodley is an absolute novice.

Plenty of amateurs would make quick work of him.

You’re a bit too high on boxing. There are plenty of MMA fighters, who have boxed professionally and had success doing that. Woodley was a UFC champ and his boxing ain’t novice level for sure. Of course he would lose to elite pro’s and Olympic level amateurs, but he would definitely beat the bums every pro boxer pads their record with and would be competitive with mid level guys.

You’re a bit too high on boxing. There are plenty of MMA fighters, who have boxed professionally and had success doing that. Woodley was a UFC champ and his boxing ain’t novice level for sure. Of course he would lose to elite pro’s and Olympic level amateurs, but he would definitely beat the bums every pro boxer pads their record with and would be competitive with mid level guys.

Who are these MMA fighters who have been successful professional boxers?

You’re very, very wrong if you think Woodley would be remotely competitive in the ring with a mid-level professional boxer. There are quite literally hundreds of amateur boxers in the UK alone, around Woodley’s size, who would light him up in the ring.

In boxing terms Woodley would be one of the bums pro’s pad their records with, and a poor one at that.

The amount of disconnect with the real world that this OP takes is hilarious . News flash: MMA fighters often train striking and spar in boxing gloves , and boxing is a huge part of MMA almost as much as wrestling , kickboxing and bjj....

That's because MMA fans have concluded that MMA fighters aren't as good at boxing as professional boxers. Crazy, I know. MMA fans have some real outside the box thinking to find their way to that kind of logic, huh?o_O

Yeah but MMA fans also think that a welterweight who was champ not long ago should be able easily defeat an internet celebrity in boxing. Especially because Woodleys best asset is obviously his punching power.

Also its absolutely hilarious how you are pretending that a significant portion of mma fans did not think that conor would beat floyd

It sounds like you are making excuses for Woodley already

At 39 years old Tyron needs to get on the juice and steamroll this kid. Unfortunately I think he loses after putting up a good 1-2 rounds.

Who are these MMA fighters who have been successful professional boxers?

You’re very, very wrong if you think Woodley would be remotely competitive in the ring with a mid-level professional boxer. There are quite literally hundreds of amateur boxers in the UK alone, around Woodley’s size, who would light him up in the ring.

In boxing terms Woodley would be one of the bums pro’s pad their records with, and a poor one at that.
Moldanado, Marcus Davis, Clay Collard, Holly Holm, Joe Duffy, Chris Lytle, K.J. Noons, MVP

Zab Judah called him that. So have other professional boxers.

clearly jake paul’s boxing is at least passable. it’s funny that people need zab judah to acknowledge what is otherwise obvious. the kid has hands.

that said, id be real surprised if he beats woodley. apparently the oddsmakers like his chances.

Moldanado, Marcus Davis, Clay Collard, Holly Holm, Joe Duffy, Chris Lytle, K.J. Noons, MVP

Nobody is disputing the a boxer can go into MMA and be successful. Surely I don’t need to point out why a world champion boxer going into MMA is not a demonstration of a mixed martial artist being successful in boxing?

Im saying that an MMA fighter who doesn’t have a boxing background is incapable of going into boxing and having any proper success. You may as well have included the likes of James Toney in your example.

Did Dana release him from contract? Or give him permission to box? Or he was out of contract?

thanks and sorry for my ignorance

I think he fought out his contract and they didn't renew, possibly still doing desk work though.

thx

yeah I guess his life options are going to be very different if he wins via KO, or loses via KO

He got cut. You don't have a contract anymore when you get cut.

Back