Worst weather conditions youve lived through.

5b075be45a8af8bd1a61485e8beb04d6.jpg

85459214.jpg

Microburst, 110+ mph wind, ridiculous amount of rain.

p546019454-3.jpg

haboob.jpg

article-2179556-143C01F6000005DC-417_964x640.jpg

cqfu6h3xeaaztsr.jpg

Haboob

Zt1wSs3.jpg

Summer

Being at a music festival on New year's Day (thus Hung over) in 45 Celcius roughly 120 farenhight (fuck you spell check, never when I need you).

I went on a three day hike in early June in the Laguna mountains in SoCal. The weather was.supposed to be 75-80 days 60-65 nights, perfect. We brought one man pup tents and summer bed rolls that are mostly just a light blanket with a zipper. The first night there was a random snow storm and we.almost froze to death.

I was to blame as I was the experienced outdoorsman and picked our gear, route, and date. I almost got us killed.

Yea pretty much sandy...once the shit hit the fan I ran out to start my generator ...heard a loud crash, wife ran out looking for me, it sounded like a freight train...We both ran inside, only to find a big tree landed on the other side of the house...
Insurance guys took care of business..I ran around town cutting and collecting wood...I still think I have some...

Sandstorms, but they weren't that bad. Would like to see what a hurricane is like though.

Sandy. We had had a storm that turned out to be nothing a few months prior so we didn’t think this one would be bad. I went to pick my daughter up at a friends and Transformers were blowing up all over. I know two people that were killed by falling trees, one asleep in his bed when a tree crashed through a window and Impaled him. We lost power for a week and the flooding and debris was bad.

Blizzard of '79. Lost in the playground. Didn't know where the school was. Have no idea why those retarded lunch ladies let some of us go outside. I had frost bite from it.

When I went to Vegas in 2006, the taxi driver I had was telling me he moved to Nevada because of that blizzard. He was from Chicago. I was in London, Ontario (between Detroit and Toronto). That was a big ass blizzard.

Windchill of -60F IIRC when I was a kid. The train we took got stuck in frozen tracks and they had to dynamite the ice. We had to walk 2 blks from teh subway to an apartment bldg and we almost didnt' make it. It was insanely cold and the wind was ludicrous. I would have to talk to my mother but i recall wind chills of -65F.

Blizzard of '79. Lost in the playground. Didn't know where the school was. Have no idea why those retarded lunch ladies let some of us go outside. I had frost bite from it.

Are you sure that wasn't 1978 or 1977?

The most extensive and very nearly the most severe blizzard in Michigan history raged January 26, 1978 and into part of Friday January 27. About 20 people died as a direct or indirect result of the storm, most due to heart attacks or traffic accidents. At least one person died of exposure in a stranded automobile. Many were hospitalized for exposure, mostly from homes that lost power and heat. About 100,000 cars were abandoned on Michigan highways, most of them in the southeast part of the state.

Are you sure that wasn't 1978 or 1977?

The most extensive and very nearly the most severe blizzard in Michigan history raged January 26, 1978 and into part of Friday January 27. About 20 people died as a direct or indirect result of the storm, most due to heart attacks or traffic accidents. At least one person died of exposure in a stranded automobile. Many were hospitalized for exposure, mostly from homes that lost power and heat. About 100,000 cars were abandoned on Michigan highways, most of them in the southeast part of the state.

Maybe it was 78. We're talking 40 years ago now.

When I lived in Terrace Bay it would get down to -40, which was bad, but the wind coming off Superior was like 100 km's an hour sometimes. Absolutely fucking horrible. I was walking to school one day and for some reason my hat wasn't covering one of my earlobes. When I got in the school it felt funny so I went to grab it and it just stayed in an L shape when I let go of it. It froze stiff.

Blizzard up at the north pole. Pretty scary stuff.

Back