Would yall mind Paddy X Topuria as a FN main?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There's bad blood and Paddy obviously isn't exactly ready for the top 15. He was just co-main on a PPV so you can't throw him on the pre prelims against Clay Guida or Eddie Wineland.. And topuria is ranked at 145 but he knocked out that one dude in march at 155 so he's honestly RIGHT around the same level ranking wise as Paddy..

Besides llia (or is it ilia {<jordan}) has gained alot of fans who weren't in the know before.

A win for Paddy "justifies" him facing a top 10 or even top 5 guy if Dana wants to do the whole Suga Sean thing.

And a win for iiliai put's the LW division on notice and announces him as a potential contender there, let's not forget he's only 25. We may have a potential PHENOM with him and if he starches Paddy....

{<hhh]{<hhh]

Anyways what yall think? Book it for march at the Apex or what?

That's a pretty good main event IMO. I don't think Paddy will ever break into the top 15 or even 20 but he's overall pretty exciting and Topuria is a legit contender at 145, plus they have beef and a backstory. Book it!

Ilia is not getting that fight because he'd probably beat Paddy.

They're throwing Paddy another softball.

Except you can't do that when u just co-mained a PPV and "won"

Can't do what?

You can't justify giving him another soft ball.

Gordon WAS the softball. He's about to be 5 fights deep without a loss.

FIGHT THE BEST or go back to the B-leagues.

You can't justify giving him another soft ball.

Gordon WAS the softball. He's about to be 5 fights deep without a loss.

FIGHT THE BEST or go back to the B-leagues.

Oh yes they can, lol. Who said there can only be one softball?

He just fought Jared Gordon AS A CO-MAIN. No disrespect, but who the fook is Jared Gordon.

If they can do it once, they can do it again. He'll get another "Jared Gordon".

They just filled an arena of Paddy wig wearers that went crazy for his entrance.

He's not fighting in the Apex.

Hell yeah I'd watch, it also needs a press conference I think it make a better comain for like London ppv, but they could do a Manchester or Burlington FN with this headliner.

There's bad blood and Paddy obviously isn't exactly ready for the top 15. He was just co-main on a PPV so you can't throw him on the pre prelims against Clay Guida or Eddie Wineland.. And topuria is ranked at 145 but he knocked out that one dude in march at 155 so he's honestly RIGHT around the same level ranking wise as Paddy..

Besides llia (or is it ilia {<jordan}) has gained alot of fans who weren't in the know before.

A win for Paddy "justifies" him facing a top 10 or even top 5 guy if Dana wants to do the whole Suga Sean thing.

And a win for iiliai put's the LW division on notice and announces him as a potential contender there, let's not forget he's only 25. We may have a potential PHENOM with him and if he starches Paddy....

{<hhh]{<hhh]

Anyways what yall think? Book it for march at the Apex or what?
I think Topuria has a good chance of being a future 135 champ. He isnt beating the top 5 at 145 or 155... why have him beat a top 50 lw

Would be a huge fight for sure, but not sure it's a good career move for Topuria, who's looking to crack the top 5 at 145.

No thanks.

Waste of a main event. 5 rounders are a waste on certain matchups. Paddy ain't lasting a round against Topuria so there's no point.

Co-Main on a big PPV would be good.

This fight will likely never happen though. Paddy might talk big to Topuria, but he's never signing on for that ass-whooping.

I know he doesn't speak great English and that's fine, but listen (again) to the absolute nothing of a reaction Ilia gets here.

I was legit shocked by this.

I think the idea of him getting a name is ridiculous.

I thought this interview took place in the Apex.

Probably draws Movsar next.

Only chance that happens is if Dana finally accepts Paddy is a top regional level talent at best and believe in Topuria being a future superstar as they enter Spain market.

Beating Paddy doesn't announce Ilia is a LW contender also lmaooooo WTF. there's like 40 LWs at least JUST in UFC who'd beat Paddy.

Back