Would yall mind Paddy X Topuria as a FN main?

No thanks.

Waste of a main event. 5 rounders are a waste on certain matchups. Paddy ain't lasting a round against Topuria so there's no point.

Co-Main on a big PPV would be good.

This fight will likely never happen though. Paddy might talk big to Topuria, but he's never signing on for that ass-whooping.
Paddy ain't Mitchell. He can take a punch from legit LW's and he's a heck of a lot stronger than Mitchell. Topuria would be stupid to take this fight, as compared to fighting a contender at 145. But he seems stupid enough to do it.

I get there's some heat between the two but I don't really get the matchup.
Legit (but smallish) FW prospect v unranked perceived cashcow LW.
Topuria would be like a -$550 favorite. What's the point?

Ilia is a Featherweight and needs to commit to that division. Not keep hopping up to 155, whether it's because he can't keep his weight down or because he wants stupid match-ups like this. Let it go.

Ilia is a Featherweight and needs to commit to that division. Not keep hopping up to 155, whether it's because he can't keep his weight down or because he wants stupid match-ups like this. Let it go.
Agree. Needs to focus in beating a top guy at 145, then calling out Volk.

It don’t matter. Remember that front flipping blond kid, hype job? As soon as he’s fed a top ten it’s over anyway.
Topuria has yet to fight a top 10 guy yet. Mitchell was 11th.

No... why are we duplicating threads today

Oh yes they can, lol. Who said there can only be one softball?

He just fought Jared Gordon AS A CO-MAIN. No disrespect, but who the fook is Jared Gordon.

If they can do it once, they can do it again. He'll get another "Jared Gordon".
It's like people forgot the Sean O'Malley blueprint that was JUST followed.

Topuria has yet to fight a top 10 guy yet. Mitchell was 11th, and he's a skinny guy.

I mean the future doesn’t matter career wise for paddy. He doesn’t have the skills to stay relevant for long. A couple years back there was a hype job kid that used to do front flips and after a little while he started getting whipped left and right.

Paddy would beat the brakes off that manlet any day of the weak. His sub game is too crisp and his punches would send him flying.

I mean the future doesn’t matter career wise for paddy. He doesn’t have the skills to stay relevant for long. A couple years back there was a hype job kid that used to do front flips and after a little while he started getting whipped left and right.
That's your opinion but he hasn't lost in over 4 years, and the same was said about O'Malley.

Lmfao Paddy will move up to 185 to avoid that savage beating
View attachment 958123
Paddy and Axl look a lot alike.
uSFpNlQ.png

It's like people forgot the Sean O'Malley blueprint that was JUST followed.

O'Malley got a shaky decision win over Petr Yan.

Like, it's not remotely comparable to Paddy getting a shaky decision win over Jared Gordon...

Petr Yan is elite.

O'Malley beat the ever living shit out of Raulian Paiva, who is better (relatively speaking) than Jared Gordon division-per-division.

Good luck following that blueprint with a guy who clearly loses to anyone in the top 30.

If O'Malley is the blueprint, Paddy is fighting Charles next fight.
I'll admit that Pedro was a step up (albeit an extremely favorable one) but it took Sean 8 or 9 fights in the UFC (yes, the Vera loss but "flukes" like that don't matter for golden eggs) to get to that level. They're not giving Paddy top 20 for a few fights.

O'Malley got a shaky decision win over Petr Yan.

Like, it's not remotely comparable to Paddy getting a shaky decision win over Jared Gordon...

Petr Yan is elite.

O'Malley beat the ever living shit out of Raulian Paiva, who is better (relatively speaking) than Jared Gordon division-per-division.

Good luck following that blueprint with a guy who clearly loses to anyone in the top 30.
I just mean they're not gonna rush him to fight any decent guys, similar to how they paced Sean. They won't be able to coddle him forever but if his chin holds up, he can win a few more fights against hot and cold fighters with the help of judges.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Illia, but he has holes.

I'll admit that Pedro was a step up (albeit an extremely favorable one) but it took Sean 8 or 9 fights in the UFC (yes, the Vera loss but "flukes" like that don't matter for golden eggs) to get to that level. They're not giving Paddy top 20 for a few fights.
I think he gets a tough fight next fight. It's time, and I'm a fan. He's not a rookie. I'm sure Sean trained harder than ever when he signed to fight Yan. Paddy gotta do the same. Heck, Paddy should train with Sean to cleanup his standup.

I just mean they're not gonna rush him to fight any decent guys, similar to how they paced Sean. They won't be able to coddle him forever but if his chin holds up, he can win a few more fights against hot and cold fighters with the help of judges.

Oh, for sure.

They found his ceiling already, that's how bad this situation is.

It's Paddy vs Tony, or bust.

There's no realistic 'name' fighter that Paddy could beat other than washed Ferg.

That would be such an easy fight for Ilia, literally the best Xmas gift he can get

Back