Would yall mind Paddy X Topuria as a FN main?

I definitely wouldn't mind to see that fookin idiot getting flattened, but no way they are feeding Baddy to Topuria.

Paddy ain't Mitchell. He can take a punch from legit LW's and he's a heck of a lot stronger than Mitchell. Topuria would be stupid to take this fight, as compared to fighting a contender at 145. But he seems stupid enough to do it.

Paddy was almost finished easily by Luigi in his first UFC fight. He was eating shots from Gordon, but Gordon isn't a big KO guy (has 6 but three of those came in his first 4 fights against low levels).

Topuria is a way better striker than Gordon and he hits a lot harder. Paddy is very hittable and if Topuria lands the sorts of shots Gordon was landing on him then Paddy is getting KOd.

I do agree that taking the fight would be stupid for Topuria, and also that he's probably dumb enough to do it lol.

Oh, for sure.

They found his ceiling already, that's how bad this situation is.

It's Paddy vs Tony, or bust.

There's no realistic 'name' fighter that Paddy could beat other than washed Ferg.
I just don't think they're gonna risk him breaking into the top 15 without another more decisive win. I've been wrong many times before though and tbh Tony's just a placeholder for Conor to swap ranks with when he comes back and realizes he can't hang at 170 so it'd be better for the division if Paddy did jump in sooner lmao

I just don't think they're gonna risk him breaking into the top 15 without another more decisive win. I've been wrong many times before though and tbh Tony's just a placeholder for Conor to swap ranks with when he comes back and realizes he can't hang at 170 so it'd be better for the division if Paddy did jump in sooner lmao

If they're going to book this like it's sports entertainment, it doesn't really matter if Paddy gets a decisive win or not.

They can have him fight Tony, and he probably wins, but it's probably exciting since Tony can still slice people up - he just can't endure the punishment he used to (and he certainly can't go 5 rounds).

Once Paddy wins that, book him against Conor.

Dana would be practically printing money - and for nothing of real consequence.

No matter what happens, casuals will think Paddy/Conor/Tony have got some massive win, so they'll take that value into their next saleable fight.

I'm kinda stunned people are talking about Paddy like he should be fighting anyone legit, he needs to be fighting in freakshow fights against aged lunatics and movie stars.

I think he gets a tough fight next fight. It's time, and I'm a fan. He's not a rookie. I'm sure Sean trained harder than ever when he signed to fight Yan. Paddy gotta do the same. Heck, Paddy should train with Sean to cleanup his standup.
I'm honestly not a Paddy hater. He's not a cheater, he's funny, and seems like an alright dude. But I just instinctually rebel against manufactured hype lol. He puts on entertaining fights. I think it's prob a little late in his career to fix holes like his chin in the air unless he really does reassess his goals a la Gaethje. Though I think his ceiling isn't as high as Gaethje's given he just doesn't have the physicality to impose his grappling the way Justin can impose his leg kicks.

If they're going to book this like it's sports entertainment, it doesn't really matter if Paddy gets a decisive win or not.

They can have him fight Tony, and he probably wins, but it's probably exciting since Tony can still slice people up - he just can't endure the punishment he used to (and he certainly can't go 5 rounds).

Once Paddy wins that, book him against Conor.

Dana would be practically printing money - and for nothing of real consequence.

No matter what happens, casuals will think Paddy/Conor/Tony have got some massive win, so they'll take that value into their next saleable fight.

I'm kinda stunned people are talking about Paddy like he should be fighting anyone legit, he needs to be fighting in freakshow fights against aged lunatics and movie stars.
That's actually a pretty interesting perspective. It's not unheard of that Paddy v. Conor happens if Paddy broke into the top 15 and Tony might be the one to get that to happen. Knocked Conor out of rankings, make him "earn it" against the new goose on the block.

Never happen..Dana will not let that happen

That's actually a pretty interesting perspective. It's not unheard of that Paddy v. Conor happens if Paddy broke into the top 15 and Tony might be the one to get that to happen. Knocked Conor out of rankings, make him "earn it" against the new goose on the block.

Paddy vs Conor is a no lose situation for the UFC.

Both can absorb the loss and still be popular.

But the winner gets something 'credible', at least according to some fans.

Since neither are legit, there's no reason to avoid that fight.

I'm honestly not a Paddy hater. He's not a cheater, he's funny, and seems like an alright dude. But I just instinctually rebel against manufactured hype lol. He puts on entertaining fights. I think it's prob a little late in his career to fix holes like his chin in the air unless he really does reassess his goals a la Gaethje. Though I think his ceiling isn't as high as Gaethje's given he just doesn't have the physicality to impose his grappling the way Justin can impose his leg kicks.
He can take a punch, but the unorthodox stand-up style he's been using isn't going to fool any top fighters. I admit it. He said he'll fight top guys when he's offered the right money so now's the time, IMO.

Back