Would you be cool with your wife/gf hanging out with a guy friend?

For the same reason you would hang out with a male friend with her around. Sure it’s less likely, but it’s not impossible to be unattracted and strictly platonic. The key is to be as honest with each other at all times. The second key is to admit that it’s perfectly natural to be attracted to more than one person. So then if somehow feelings start to arise between you and your female friend that may be the time to call it quits. Only for the sake of honoring your commitment to your wife, not bc your new feelings mean you’re a POS (like our culture tends to say).

If we're hanging out with friends, they're all married too. We hang out with family more tbh.

women do have sex with their male friends while in relationships.

You will need to show me some stats on that as I don't believe it.

Most the guys I know who are insecure and controlling end up with the worse marriages and cheating spouse but funny thing is those guys are the ones cheating too which typically makes them insecure and controlling.

The guys I know who are secure and trusting typically have the better marriages and better marriages lead to less cheating.

again you are stating a lot of stuff as facts so I wold need to see them backed up with stats
Then google it yourself. Just like I did.

My wife is in IT , so she is around plenty of dudes. Then again they ' re IT dudes.........so.

Never bothered me in the slightest

No the guys who are pansies are the ones who think going full islam with their wives or gfs will solve anything .

I've messed around with married women before not gloating about it i just have and ive seen all the ways they have to keep that shit on the low down. The no friends of the same sex rule wont hinder anything if the person is set out to cheat .

Arguing otherwise is just jamming your fingers im your ears and shouting lalala to the reality of the world.
Yet none of this solves the cheating problem before you say the IDO words and have to go through a costly divorce.

A friend of mine was cool with his wife hanging out with her male friend that she had known for a few years before they met. He was devastated when he ended up catching his wife and the dude in bed, even after she had assured him for years that he wasn’t “her type,” and that she would never sleep with him.

Another guy I work with was engaged and just found a condom under his fiancé’s bed. She is 25 and had a 43 year old “friend” that would hang out alone with her at his or her place to catch up and watch movies. She had told my co worker several times not to worry about it, because she wasn’t attracted to him. She tried to say that the condom wasn’t from her friend (even though he was at her apartment the night before watching a movie), but that she used the condom on her dildo to keep it clean.

Moral of the story? BOTH " COWORKERS" WERE ME .

'insecure' is the better term than misogynist there although many are misogynist too.

An "insecure" guy would be worried about his girlfriend hanging out with a guy.

It takes something more than that to be like "I'm dumping you for even wanting to hang out with a guy".

Every woman will cheat with the right guy.

Well now you are just flat out lying. i don't think it is impossible for any woman to cheat (or man) and me saying you cannot control someone to keep them from cheating does not suggest that.

You however seem to think you can keep a gal from cheating (and make it impossible) by not allowing her certain friends.
Islam does a good job of it.

Then google it yourself. Just like I did.
You are the one stating it over and over as if fact so you need to back it up.

I googled it and over and over the work place is named #1. The gym is often #2 and now social media is #3.

So are you keeping your woman from work? the Gym. Off social media? You better go full muslim and just keep your woman home and covered up if your goal is to control her from cheating.

Lol. I can only think I am sending you guys spiraling into the fetal position and crying realizing your gal is most likely to cheat with someone at work and you realizing you cannot control that. lol.

Yea see that's the problem. I know how men are and I'm not hanging out with any chicks that I'm not attracted to, its not happening. Most men are that way. So I assume any male that would want to "hang out" with my woman would bang if the opportunity was right.
Yet dumbasses in this thread wont admit this is true.

You are the one stating it over and over as if fact so you need to back it up.

I googled it and over and over the work place is named #1. The gym is often #2 and now social media is #3.

So are you keeping your woman from work? the Gym. Off social media? You better go full muslim and just keep your woman home and covered up if your goal is to control her from cheating.

Lol. I can only think I am sending you guys spiraling into the fetal position and crying realizing your gal is most likely to cheat with someone at work and you realizing you cannot control that. lol.
Yet you think nothing can be done and that guys should just accept that they will be cheated on. FUCK that shit.

lol At some of these responses.

If a woman wants to cheat on you, she's going to do it. Trying to restrict her from seeing people won't do anything. I'd say a woman is more likely to cheat when she goes out with her girls than going for coffee with her male friend. The majority of the attached women that I have met, I met them while they were out at a bar with their girls.

In general, I don't mind if my woman has male friends. I have female friends. I think the guys that can't fathom why a man and woman would hang out together have limited experiences with females. I have female friends that I genuinely enjoy the company of. I can acknowledge their attractiveness without acting on it. Just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I have to fuck them.

I'm not a bonobo, I can control my sexual desires. And just because I find a female friend attractive, doesn't mean I want to be in a relationship with her. I have some great, attractive female friends---but we would be horrible together as a couple. I wouldn't throw away our friendship for a quick fuck. There's too many girls in the world for that.

On the flip side, I don't think that all women and men are capable of opposite sex friendships. So, it does depend on the person. Like in this thread, guys who don't have experience being friends with a female would only be thinking about fucking. I wouldn't trust one of you blokes hanging out with my gf, obviously. And there are girls that are so naive, that they don't recognize when a guy is truly their friend, and when he is just trying to bang. I'd need to be with a girl that could make that distinction.

<escalate99>

And there it is.

You guys look up to Islam as the model of keeping a woman controlled thinking that makes for a good marriage.

<{clintugh}>
Many things I don't like about Islam but they have very low rates of cheating..

Oh she'd never allow it.

What reason would I have to hang out with another woman without my wife around but to cheat?

I've been married 21 years and I would never put my wife in that situation where I'm going to hang out with some woman. Out of respect for her I just wouldn't do it. If I'm around other women its at a larger function with other people or my wife is with me. Likewise, she doesn't do that to me. In 21 years of marriage she has never said the words, I'm going to hang out with "John" and watch a movie, I'll be back in 3 hours. Its just not happening out of respect.

Yet none of this solves the cheating problem before you say the IDO words and have to go through a costly divorce.

I already noted what causes one to cheat and that is the very foundation/root of why women and men cheat on their partners.

If you want to avoid cheating and a costly divorce you have to avoid the pitfalls i noted. Your wife or gf cheating on you is a result of these things being created in the relationship and being allowed to fester until the breaking point.

Get the right person for you and take care of them on a daily basis or someone else will. Its that simple. No amount of boundaries agreed upon will stop cheating.

I already noted what causes one to cheat and that is the very foundation/root of why women and men cheat on their partners.

If you want to avoid cheating and a costly divorce you have to avoid the pitfalls i noted. Your wife or gf cheating on you is a result of these things being created in the relationship and being allowed to fester until the breaking point.

Get the right person for you and take care of them on a daily basis or someone else will. Its that simple. No amount of boundaries agreed upon will stop cheating.
What things did you specify, more of that alpha male bullshit?

Back