Social WR Lounge v280: Debauchery, Degeneracy & The Destruction of Western Civilization (A lot of D's)

The Most Interesting Empires In History (IYO)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm now in the virtual labs where it's important to be able to see colors..... DAMNIT!!!!
Brah how can you abide by the core theory of all medicine if you can't see colours?

4_body_fluids.PNG

I think about it more and more these day. People are fighting over trannies in media but I think urban planning is far more relevant to the day to day experience of most people. I even thought about it during a UFC broadcast when the announcers said that Diego Ferreira commutes nine ways round trip to train at Fortis MMA. Imagine how much of his life is wasted in traffic, his car just spewing filth into the air.

"waifu"= transliteration of wife into Japanese script and filtered through the Japanese accent. They have a separate term, tsumo I think, that Japanese people use for actual wives so the term waifu came to refer to female characters that male anime fans really like.
I blame one of the two girls I know dressing up as Revy for Halloween pretty consistently and I am sticking to that story.

The only two girls I've actually dated were blonde lol.

Hair color doesn't matter for me. What their interests are and if they can put up with me is what matters more.
I've only dated non-white girls. Not out of preference, I am just lazy when it comes to women so I prefer to date the ones that already like me instead of pursuing them. Actually this one pasty blonde in middle school liked me but I didn't want to date her because everyone else thought she was weird and I was too much of a coward lmao.

I care a lot about hair but I am pretty open minded. I don't really have a certain color, length, or style that I necessarily think is the best, really depends on the girl and whether she takes care of her hair and whether it suits her. There is something uniquely attractive about a good looking blonde but at the same time they're not my type, would feel weird dating one. People would assume I am rich and she is a gold digger. Elliot Rodgers in his manifesto actually recounts a time he raged when he saw a short, dark skinned Indian man with a good looking blonde.

I blame one of the two girls I know dressing up as Revy for Halloween pretty consistently and I am sticking to that story.
Revy would be a good cosplay, simple outfit that wouldn't look weird irl. Nailing the tattoo might take some more effort I guess. Also she'd have to resemble the character somewhat, one of those cosplays where the physique of the person in question makes or breaks the cosplay.

I've only dated non-white girls. Not out of preference, I am just lazy when it comes to women so I prefer to date the ones that already like me instead of pursuing them. Actually this one pasty blonde in middle school liked me but I didn't want to date her because everyone else thought she was weird and I was too much of a coward lmao.

I care a lot about hair but I am pretty open minded. I don't really have a certain color, length, or style that I necessarily think is the best, really depends on the girl and whether she takes care of her hair and whether it suits her. There is something uniquely attractive about a good looking blonde but at the same time they're not my type, would feel weird dating one. People would assume I am rich and she is a gold digger. Elliot Rodgers in his manifesto actually recounts a time he raged when he saw a short, dark skinned Indian man with a good looking blonde.
The biggest issue for me is girls putting up with my personality and sense of humor. A lot can't.

Revy would be a good cosplay, simple outfit that wouldn't look weird irl. Nailing the tattoo might take some more effort I guess. Also she'd have to resemble the character somewhat, one of those cosplays where the physique of the person in question makes or breaks the cosplay.

Not the girl I was ever with but that girl also did Quiet and Poison Ivy. I think she had her tattoo artist do a temporary version of Revy's tribal tattoo on the right arm.

I'm about to veer into thread derailing territory here so I'll keep my next opinion out of this thread. To summarize it - it's never been a socially conservative country.
I want to see your hot take on this, since this is the Lounge you're free to elaborate if you want to.

I think about it more and more these day. People are fighting over trannies in media but I think urban planning is far more relevant to the day to day experience of most people. I even thought about it during a UFC broadcast when the announcers said that Diego Ferreira commutes nine ways round trip to train at Fortis MMA. Imagine how much of his life is wasted in traffic, his car just spewing filth into the air.

"waifu"= transliteration of wife into Japanese script and filtered through the Japanese accent. They have a separate term, tsumo I think, that Japanese people use for actual wives so the term waifu came to refer to female characters that male anime fans really like.

It's a bug reason I'll probably never leave Philly lol

East coast cities are laid our much better than the rest of the country and Philly is the most affordable. I think even Baltimore real estate is higher than ours.

East coast cities are laid our much better than the rest of the country and Philly is the most affordable. I think even Baltimore real estate is higher than ours.
There's a YouTube channel called something like "City Planner plays City Building Games" and he plays like SimCity and Cities Skylines and talks about how much more efficient cities on the east coast of the US are because the original designs were so insistent on using grids.

The biggest issue for me is girls putting up with my personality and sense of humor. A lot can't.

Not the girl I was ever with but that girl also did Quiet and Poison Ivy. I think she had her tattoo artist do a temporary version of Revy's tribal tattoo on the right arm.

As far as femme fatale characters go I've always been more of a fan of Faye Valentine but her look doesn't translate to cosplays so well.

I've noticed something with characters like Faye and Revy, they're often depicted with their hair having a purple tint to it but I think that's just the animators way of rendering dark, raven hair. So when cosplayers use purple hair in their cosplay it looks off.

Its a gradient, further west you go the more car dependent and eventually you end up in LA which seems like a nightmare city for pedestrians.

I want to see your hot take on this, since this is the Lounge you're free to elaborate if you want to.
Sure, basically that the people who founded this country were already of a liberal bend, relative to their times. And that over time, the only truly socially conservative issue the nation ever dealt with was the issue of slavery and racial hierarchy. Almost (but not all) every future socially conservative position can essentially be traced back to the argument over whether or not to incorporate slavery into the states and how to legally preserve/codify racial hierarchy.

And even that position, the social progressives kept winning.

There's a YouTube channel called something like "City Planner plays City Building Games" and he plays like SimCity and Cities Skylines and talks about how much more efficient cities on the east coast of the US are because the original designs were so insistent on using grids.
Automobile centered city planning is so ingrained in America that it even seeps into some of those games. I played City Skylines for a bit and had fun but initially I was really disappointed that the game forces you to plan your city around cars and forces you to impose single use zoning. Those are literally the two things I hate most about American urban planning so I couldn't really build the city I wanted to build.

As far as femme fatale characters go I've always been more of a fan of Faye Valentine but her look doesn't translate to cosplays so well.

I've noticed something with characters like Faye and Revy, they're often depicted with their hair having a purple tint to it but I think that's just the animators way of rendering dark, raven hair. So when cosplayers use purple hair in their cosplay it looks off.
There's a trope in anime that is based around eye color and hair color and it's gotten more and more noticeable as the years have gone by.

Faye, Revy, Vash from Trigun, Gene from Outlaw Star, Spike, and then the shounen characters like Gojo, Naruto, Itadori, Zoro, Luffy....

Their hair and/or eye colors is indicative of how important they are to the story. Faye, Revy both have unique hair colors. Gojo has hair as well as crazily animated eyes. Gene it's his hair and with Vash and Spike it's their eyes.

I think the blue or purple is added to differentiate that they have dark hair but are different than more stock characters or an anime version of "red shirts" as most of those characters have black hair.

Automobile centered city planning is so ingrained in America that it even seeps into some of those games. I played City Skylines for a bit and had fun but initially I was really disappointed that the game forces you to plan your city around cars and forces you to impose single use zoning. Those are literally the two things I hate most about American urban planning so I couldn't really build the city I wanted to build.
The mods I think take care of that but that requires researching what mods play well together.

There used to be a bunch of "Street Cars" as well. Every other block used to have tracks on it for trolleys but they were mostly taken apart in the early to mid 1900s. I think we still have the largest trolley system in the US but it was much better.

At one point we were going to make it even bigger, they built a bunch of underground stations to extend our subways up to Northeast Philly. But the people buying up the Northeast didn't like the idea of poor (black) people being able to get up into the nice Northeast that easily. So they shut it down.

Now the Northeast is dying because it's the only area of the city that relies 100% on busses for public transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back