Social WR Lounge v286 armchair quarterback edition

Do you know what a piss window is?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ended up happening is that low income Mexicans came here for seasonal agricultural work and then went back to Mexico to stay with their families on the off season. It was only when the border became more securitized that they came over to stay. It became so much harder to cross that it made more sense to bring your family over and remain in the US during the off season. So pro-border chuds actually increased net migration.

Net migration from Mexico has been in the negative this entire century

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/MEX/mexico/net-migration

Central America (which is much, much poorer) is a different story, but there really aren't that many Mexicans coming over anymore.

The commentary adds such a great flavour to thus song. It was also the beginning of bringing heavier stuff to mainstream attention. Was such a big deal that they put out a music video.

Good stuff.

So what’s everyone’s favorite beer? I only ask so I can put whomever drinks IPAs on ignore.
Bar none, this is #1 in my book,
https://upstreet.ca/beers/top-stamp/
square-topstamp.jpg

But it's a small batch thing they do and I can't remember the last time they made any so I have a big sad over that.

Since that's a whole lot of no joy these days, next is,
2588.png

I love pretty much every Japanese beer I've ever had but this is #1 in my book.

FYI, for anyone who might get sucked in to thinking they're paying for imported beer, the over-priced Sapporo you see in stores in Canada is made here by Molson's, and it definitely tastes closer to Molson Canadian than the genuine product does.

And when that's not an option--which is, like, always--this is what I would drink if I could afford to not drink the cheapest stuff I can enjoy because pandemic,
PremiumDryEinzelflasche_800x.jpg

But the actual competition for 3rd place is among Kilkenny, Stella Artois, and a couple that aren't coming to me right now.

Romans could actually make silk, but not nearly at the scale or quality the Chinese could.

They made sea silk from some super rare clams. There was no real farming process for sea silk like there is with worm silk. Sea silk is super fucking rare even today and not commercially available. If anything our ability to produce it has diminished over time.
I saw a documentary about a woman in Italy who was one of a handful who knew the old ways of diving for and spinning sea silk. Cool stuff.

I wish I liked combat sports. It just doesn’t hit the same. TBH, everyone should be on the juice because we as customers deserve to see the very best.
I'm not a huge boxing fan and hardly a huge MMA fan that much anymore but I kind of agree to a point with you. We know everyone and thier brother is own some type of steroid or trt.

I'm surprised they're even hiding behind the veneer of fighting pedophilia instead of embracing their anti-LGBT values openly. For the most part Orban seems to have renounced liberal democracy and Hungary is probably the one state that is furthest along the post-liberal path in Europe.

@Jack V Savage Haywood and Dreher like Orban precisely because he is a post-liberal conservative. Dreher is a bit more sheepish about his Orban support but Haywood loves the dude IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back