WTF? 50 Cent Sells His "Get The Strap" Catchphrase To Bellator For 1 MIllion $

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.vibe.com/2018/06/50-cent-sells-get-the-strap-catchphrase-for-1-million/

50 Cent’s trolling has led him to a pretty pot of gold.

The rapper, producer, and businessman took to his Instagram page to inform fans of his latest deal with Viacom’s Bellator subsidiary which includes the sale of his viral catchphrase, “Get the strap” for one million dollars.

“I did a deal today. l sold (get the strap) for a million dollars to Viacom’s Bellator,” he said Tuesday (June 26). “So you will see it on some cooler clothing shortly. See how I make something out of nothing.”

Bellator, known as Bellator MMA is the second-largest mixed martial arts platform in the world. Viacom acquired the company in 2011 and aired their fights on Spike TV. Their fights have also aired on other Viacom networks like MTV2.

Mr. Jackson’s deal arrived just in time. Variety reported Tuesday (Jun 26) that Bellator signed a multi-year deal with streaming service DAZN, to air their fight cards across the Paramount Network. They will also stream in countries outside of the U.S. like Italy, Japan, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

So what does this mean for 50? The rapper’s catchphrase can transcend its meaning if paired with MMA culture. The rapper suggested the phrase could be seen on clothing, which means fighters could sport “get the strap” threads inside and outside of the cages.

Well played, sir.

For a company that was in the red, this sounds ridiculous

https://www.vibe.com/2018/06/50-cent-sells-get-the-strap-catchphrase-for-1-million/

50 Cent’s trolling has led him to a pretty pot of gold.

The rapper, producer, and businessman took to his Instagram page to inform fans of his latest deal with Viacom’s Bellator subsidiary which includes the sale of his viral catchphrase, “Get the strap” for one million dollars.

“I did a deal today. l sold (get the strap) for a million dollars to Viacom’s Bellator,” he said Tuesday (June 26). “So you will see it on some cooler clothing shortly. See how I make something out of nothing.”

Bellator, known as Bellator MMA is the second-largest mixed martial arts platform in the world. Viacom acquired the company in 2011 and aired their fights on Spike TV. Their fights have also aired on other Viacom networks like MTV2.

Mr. Jackson’s deal arrived just in time. Variety reported Tuesday (Jun 26) that Bellator signed a multi-year deal with streaming service DAZN, to air their fight cards across the Paramount Network. They will also stream in countries outside of the U.S. like Italy, Japan, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

So what does this mean for 50? The rapper’s catchphrase can transcend its meaning if paired with MMA culture. The rapper suggested the phrase could be seen on clothing, which means fighters could sport “get the strap” threads inside and outside of the cages.

Well played, sir.
Isn't he known for blatantly lying about his investments and things related to that?

You would hope that shit isnt true atleast the amount, . Not sure what kind of value that shit would have to Bellator.

Bellator putting that DAZN money to good use.

Outside of the US Bellator could become as big as the UFC overseas. UFC has had problems in Asia and parts of Western Europe no doubt the number of European fighters on their roster plus putting on more overseas events will grow the brand. 50 cent may have included elements about use of his name to promote the Get The Strap trademark.

I don’t get it.

Is that going to be the company tagline now?

Coker must have some serious dirt on 50, getting 50 to sell him that for only 1 million dollars? Coker robbed him.

In all seriousness, I hope 50 is lying or it also requires him to fight once in order to obtain that million.

It’s a pretty catchy phrase that everyone is using nowadays. I imagine Bellator will use it on some merchandise and 50 will promote it and get some ppl to buy it. Doesn’t seem like a bad idea.

So if thr UFC or one of its fights says that they want a chance to "get the strap" could 50 cent sue them like Bruce Buffer for saying "lets get it on"?

IDK if that means bellator has a lot of money to throw around-or more than I thought, or that they are just dumb. especially since 50 has said some controversial stuff lately

For a company that was in the red, this sounds ridiculous
It sounds just about right. Decisions like this is probably why they were in the red. 50 had to be getting money out of Bellator somehow. He goes from never mentioning Bellator to doing so an abnormal amount of times. If they giving money away I don't blame him for taking it.

They could have used that to get Askren back into the mix.

WW GP with Askren would crown the #1 WW in the world.

Instead we'll get a tshirt with generic words on it.

They could have used that to get Askren back into the mix.

WW GP with Askren would crown the #1 WW in the world.

Instead we'll get a tshirt with generic words on it.

tenor.gif

Laughed and cried from sadness at your post because its true.

1 million is probably the projection based an a crazy amount of t shirts being sold.

I figured 50 cent was busy making straight to Redbox movies.

So this was what the whole pic was about?

50.jpg

Back