For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

Anyone seen this? former French foreign minister Roland Dumbas says Britain prepared for Syria years before the conflict.

They planned this destabilization of Middle East long ago and we're paying for with all these refugees. The people coming up with our foreign policy are sick.

Don't forget former NATO general Wesley Clark was the one who revealed the plan to take out 7 countries in 5 years and one of those countries on the list was Syria.

RIP Gaddafi. The West and NATO are led by terrible criminals.

The KT in scotland didn't have shit to do with the Crusades, and was formed to combat monarchs and royal classes that oppressed the poor and prevented basic governing processes from going forward. You're a bad scottish carrot. Glasgow's politically indifferent youngsters would suit your location better.

Also if you find yourself arguing on an internet forum that intl. human rights standards are useless and don't actually help people, have you ever wondered if you're just a bad person?

Listen to yourself.

Those standards have done plenty to shape conflict zones and put pressure on governments to account for their actions, especially when they approach the global table in efforts to strike economic deals, and obtain resources for their country. Wars and skirmishes would be using gas right now, if it wasn't officially removed from the options. Geneva con. is far more effective in real-world historical contexts than your tiny blogging on an mma website. You're still being a carrot.

Oh, I know I'm a bad person. Unfortunately, I'm not bad enough. Or I'd be a member of the elite that rule the world, not trying to educate naive idiots like you on an MMA website. But since my invitation to the Bilderberg Group hasn't arrived yet, let's continue with your education, young Padawan.;)

First. the only Knight's Templar in Scotland were a couple of hundred Knights, Sergents and Lay Brothers who had been hounded out of England by Edward II, after almost the entire Order had been wiped out by Philip the Fair, King of France and Pope Clement V. Hundreds of Knights had been arrested, tortured and executed, including the last Grand Master. The Order's vast wealth and land holdings had been seized - this was the reason Philip had forced Clement to declare the Templar's to be heretics in the first place.

Faced with being imprisoned, tortured and possibly burned at the stake, the Templars in England fled to the only country in Europe where the Pope's writ didn't run. Robert de Bruce, King of Scots, had been excommunicated(and by extension his kingdom along with him)and was in no mood to do the Pope any favours. Especially since he needed every man who could wield a weapon to fight for him in the Wars of Independence. A small number of ex-Templars fought for the Scots at Bannockburn, but the Order itself was extinct by then. The idea that there was a Scottish Order of Knights Templar, fighting for the poor oppressed masses like some kind of Tartan Jedi, belongs in a Dan Brown novel.

And no, I'm afraid the Holy Grail isn't buried under Roslin Chapel either.:rolleyes:

As for the Geneva Convention preventing atrocities such as the use of chemical weapons - do you even Saddam Hussein, bro? Saddam killed nearly 5,000 Kurds with Mustard Gas in 1988. The world's reaction was a resounding, "Meh". No one gave a shit how many civilians Saddam gassed. If he hadn't gone Full Retard and tried to seize the oil wells in Kuwait, he might still be in power today.

Oh, and chemical weapons have been used in the Syrian Civil War already. And they will be used again.

Here's the thing: human rights don't matter. Humans themselves don't matter. Right and wrong, good and evil...moral positions have no intrinsic strength. The only thing that matters is being strong enough to enforce your will on others. What you have is what you take. What you keep is what you can hold on to. Nothing else matters. Your precious human rights and Geneva Convention are just so much toilet paper, because the people who have the power to enforce them aren't stupid enough to waste resources on saving people simply because it's the right thing to do. You might see starving women and children and think, "We have to save these people!" People like Obama, Putin and whatever Mao Clone is running the PRC right now will look at these same people and think, "I could save them...but what's in it for me?"

Power is the only truth. Here endth your lesson for today. No need to thank me. :D

Oh, I know I'm a bad person. Unfortunately, I'm not bad enough. Or I'd be a member of the elite that rule the world, not trying to educate naive idiots like you on an MMA website. But since my invitation to the Bilderberg Group hasn't arrived yet, let's continue with your education, young Padawan.;) (Rustled)

First. the only Knight's Templar in Scotland (I DESPERATELY RAN TO WIKIPEDIA TO TL;DR THIS STUFF) a couple of hundred Knights, Sergents and Lay Brothers who had been hounded out of England by Edward II, after almost the entire Order had been wiped out by Philip the Fair, King of France and Pope Clement V. Hundreds of Knights had been arrested, tortured and executed, including the last Grand Master. The Order's vast wealth and land holdings had been seized - this was the reason Philip had forced Clement to declare the Templar's to be heretics in the first place.

(RUSTLED) Faced with being imprisoned, tortured and possibly burned at the stake, the Templars in England fled to the only country in Europe where the Pope's writ didn't run. Robert de Bruce, King of Scots, had been excommunicated(and by extension his kingdom along with him)and was in no mood to do the Pope any favours. (RUSTLED) Especially since he needed every man who could wield a weapon to fight for him in the Wars of Independence. A small number of ex-Templars fought for the Scots at Bannockburn, but the Order itself was extinct by then. (RUSTLED)The idea that there was a Scottish Order of Knights Templar, fighting for the poor oppressed masses like some kind of Tartan Jedi, belongs in a Dan Brown novel.

And no, I'm afraid the Holy Grail isn't buried under Roslin Chapel either.:rolleyes: (RUSTLED)

As for the Geneva Convention preventing atrocities such as the use of chemical weapons - do you even Saddam Hussein, bro? Saddam killed nearly 5,000 Kurds with Mustard Gas in 1988. The world's reaction was a resounding, "Meh". (RUSTLED) No one gave a shit how many civilians Saddam gassed. If he hadn't gone Full Retard and tried to seize the oil wells in Kuwait, he might still be in power today.

Oh, and chemical weapons have been used in the Syrian Civil War already. And they will be used again. (RUSTLED)

Here's the thing: (RUSTLED) human rights don't matter. Humans themselves don't matter. Right and wrong, good and evil...moral positions have no intrinsic strength. (RUSTLED)The only thing that matters is being strong enough to enforce your will on others. What you have is what you take. What you keep is what you can hold on to. Nothing else matters. Your precious human rights and Geneva Convention are just so much toilet paper, (RUSTLED) because the people who have the power to enforce them aren't stupid enough to waste resources on saving people simply because it's the right thing to do. You might see starving women and children and think, "We have to save these people!" People like Obama, Putin and whatever Mao Clone is running the PRC right now will look at these same people and think, "I could save them...but what's in it for me?"

Power is the only truth. Here endth your lesson for today. (RUSTLED) No need to thank me. :D

Pointing out that Saddam and Syria have repeatedly violated world standards of human rights and conventional warfare only proves the utility of having these standards in the first place. It's just a reference point, a barometer for global violations. What international organizations decide to do from there, is on them. Having those standards at all, is what gives the world a reference point.

It's pretty handy. You're spending an unsettling amount of time fighting tooth and nail to say that "everything's hopeless and no global legislation matters" which is a pretty dumb platform on which to deal with global issues. You want to argue humans don't matter and can't be helped, but really you're the inidividual cynic, all while the world DOES keep track of these things, and makes efforts to contain them.

It's also worth pointing out that all of this started with you saying dumb shit like "government abuses in their populations won't leave their borders, or affect other countries, so lets all leave them alone" which is fucking absurd. If you're such a copy/paste history buff, you'd know the many current refugee influxes in Jordan, the UK, Europe, etc. not to mention any basic understandings of human history have proven that 'containment' idea wrong, time and time again.

You wouldn't be a good fit for managing a restaurant, let alone global populations.

Lucky for you, you live under a regulatory system that bothers to maintain your basic rights, giving you the freedom to whine about those same rights on the internet without having to worry about being locked up, for saying so. The irony.

Last edited:
I'm sort of in that camp but its because I believe Assad should remain long term. Rather, he should remain in the interim because he can be negotiated with more effectively and his regime, as shitty as it is, is better than ISIS and Al Qaeda.

However, I'll be the first to say that its because of men like Assad that groups like ISIS and Islamic Front can gain traction so he is not, nor any other dictator like him, a viable long term solution. There were real grievances against by moderates folks but the were drowned out by the shouts of the Islamists and the blood of the civil war. Going back to the status quo is only a band-aid solution. We have to stop the bleeding but eventually more needs to be done.

While Assad has no future in most of Syria he about zero control about it, he is completely at mercy of Tehran and Moscow.

For the siege it is quite dishonest to ignore the sieges of Assad controlled Fuah and Kefraya which were included in the deal that aid is to be delivered to all 3 simultaneously.

The middle east was a more stable place with Saddam and Gadaffi in place. Not debatable. While iron fisted tyrants are not ideal nor desired the alternative has proven to be disasterous. Now factor in the removal of Mubarak in Egypt and possible removal of Assad and we will see complete collapse of the Middle East that will suck Iran and Saudi down the toilet. We will look back in 20 years and shake our heads at how stupid we were as if we couldn't see the obvious outcome. We see it. We see it now. And it is as if it was completely engineered.

Better Assad than the Salafist we've been knowingly funding. I can point to 10 countries right now whose rulers have caused more strife in their nation than Assad, should we depose of all of them?

Well with a bit of luck the world's population will soon drop by 40,000 or so, and I won't have to care quite so much.;)
40,000 people starving to death when the world has the means to feed them is not natural selection.

40,000 people starving to death when the world has the means to feed them is not natural selection.

can we?

Everything we eat needs water to grow.And freshwater is depleting by the day.

can we?

Everything we eat needs water to grow.And freshwater is depleting by the day.
As renewable energy sources increase this should become less of a problem as we can distill water as well. Also I tend not to think about clean water that much...Canada has approximately 7% of the world’s renewable fresh water.

You talk as if the US didnt intervened in Syria.
No, I don't.
The only thin Libya tells us is that if you are going to intervene, you better go all the way.
You can't tell from "not going all the way" what would happen if you had "gone all the way."

The dictator has not been toppled but the USA certainly helped weaken him and made space for for extremists. The point is that US policy in Libya arguably made things worse for the USA. I mean was the embassy getting attacked embassy attacked before (actually did they even have an embassy)
I think Daesh was well established in Syria before the West gave any meaningful support to Assad's enemies. As for the consulate(not embassy) attack, I don't see what NATO's involvement in Libya had to do w/ it.

Pointing out that Saddam and Syria have repeatedly violated world standards of human rights and conventional warfare only proves the utility of having these standards in the first place. It's just a reference point, a barometer for global violations. What international organizations decide to do from there, is on them. Having those standards at all, is what gives the world a reference point.

It's pretty handy. You're spending an unsettling amount of time fighting tooth and nail to say that "everything's hopeless and no global legislation matters" which is a pretty dumb platform on which to deal with global issues. You want to argue humans don't matter and can't be helped, but really you're the inidividual cynic, all while the world DOES keep track of these things, and makes efforts to contain them.

It's also worth pointing out that all of this started with you saying dumb shit like "government abuses in their populations won't leave their borders, or affect other countries, so lets all leave them alone" which is fucking absurd. If you're such a copy/paste history buff, you'd know the many current refugee influxes in Jordan, the UK, Europe, etc. not to mention any basic understandings of human history have proven that 'containment' idea wrong, time and time again.

You wouldn't be a good fit for managing a restaurant, let alone global populations.

Lucky for you, you live under a regulatory system that bothers to maintain your basic rights, giving you the freedom to whine about those same rights on the internet without having to worry about being locked up, for saying so. The irony.

And that's the fault of idiots like you who want to help these people. I'd just refuse to let them in.

The middle east was a more stable place with Saddam and Gadaffi in place. Not debatable. While iron fisted tyrants are not ideal nor desired the alternative has proven to be disasterous. Now factor in the removal of Mubarak in Egypt and possible removal of Assad and we will see complete collapse of the Middle East that will suck Iran and Saudi down the toilet. We will look back in 20 years and shake our heads at how stupid we were as if we couldn't see the obvious outcome. We see it. We see it now. And it is as if it was completely engineered.
On Saddam I agree, but as for Gadaffi there was a raging civil war when he was in place. That is not stability.

And that's the fault of idiots like you who want to help these people. I'd just refuse to let them in.

lol I'm not the entire country of Jordan. Also fuck yeah, I'd offer aid to refugees, because I'm not a fear-mongered populist. Your beef is endless.

Assad didn't create this conflict it was created because of extremists supported by Arab and Western governments. There's a lie here spouted by the West that Assad murdered peaceful protesters when they were violent armed protesters much like those violent thugs in the Ukraine coup.

America has lots of blood on its hands.
Well according to major news outlets govt. forces opened fire on peaceful protestors.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-26116868
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-idUSTRE72K4CD20110321

lol I'm not the entire country of Jordan. Also fuck yeah, I'd offer aid to refugees, because I'm not a fear-mongered populist. Your beef is endless.

Compassion is just another word for weakness. Women in Germany, Sweden and Finland are learning that the hard way. No pun intended.;)

On Saddam I agree, but as for Gadaffi there was a raging civil war when he was in place. That is not stability.

For his 40 year tenure?

No. Massive infrastructure improvements and considerable progress. And yes - STABILITY. Until the NATO-backed Arab spring in 2011 he was the man. Perfect? Far from it. But in comparison to what they have now? No comparison.

Compassion is just another word for weakness. Women in Germany, Sweden and Finland are learning that the hard way. No pun intended.;)

You sound like someone who learned their masculinity complex from scripted 80s movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back