Prince dead

I didn't get into his actual albums until much later in life but I wore out numerous copies of the Batman VHS and had the soundtrack as a kid. I used to love blaring Partyman through the living room stereo and dance around like I was Joker destroying the artwork. The few songs from that movie were staples of my childhood. RIP

C1M_h4.gif

I wonder how many mens girlfriends Prince slayed in his lifetime. Over/under 500?

Are you kidding? I watched a buddy of mine bag on average 4 women per week years ago for probably 3 years straight. Assuming Prince actually slept with women (dude seemed absurdly feminine to me) I'd wager he could have banged anywhere upwards of 50,000.

Great musician; but since everyone is kissing his ass, and since his family probably doesn't post here, here is a little balance: Trent Reznor from NIN in 1994, talking about meeting Prince.

"Prince was working in the same studio here the first day I came in, and one of his techs said to me: "Hey, Prince likes your stuff, he had your Broken CD in the car, and he later actually told his people to mix their tracks harder, and it might have been due to hearing Broken." I thought they were kidding, because this is a guy whose work I respect immensely. I figured it might just be cool to say 'hi' if I ran into him around the studio. Soon after that I find myself at one end of a big long hallway, and he's at the other end, walking towards me. So I simply said "Hi", and waited for him to make eye contact. He just turned his head away, and walked past me. That strikes a wrong chord in my Midwestern upbringing, regarding simple human decency. I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I've no great desire to meet Bowie now, because in my mind, I'd rather think of him as this cool guy."

Ironically, Trent would later go on to not only meet Bowie, but get invited on a very successful tour with him, and become friends for life, even getting advice from David to clean up his act. Because Bowie was apparently a really nice guy. Prince... not so much.

i'll be honest and say that my first reaction was, "meh". not because i hated the guy, but because i wasn't a big fan of his music and didn't know the guy personally. it was more of a shock to me when michael jackson died. that one really shook me.

Great musician; but since everyone is kissing his ass, and since his family probably doesn't post here, here is a little balance: Trent Reznor from NIN in 1994, talking about meeting Prince.

"Prince was working in the same studio here the first day I came in, and one of his techs said to me: "Hey, Prince likes your stuff, he had your Broken CD in the car, and he later actually told his people to mix their tracks harder, and it might have been due to hearing Broken." I thought they were kidding, because this is a guy whose work I respect immensely. I figured it might just be cool to say 'hi' if I ran into him around the studio. Soon after that I find myself at one end of a big long hallway, and he's at the other end, walking towards me. So I simply said "Hi", and waited for him to make eye contact. He just turned his head away, and walked past me. That strikes a wrong chord in my Midwestern upbringing, regarding simple human decency. I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I've no great desire to meet Bowie now, because in my mind, I'd rather think of him as this cool guy."

Ironically, Trent would later go on to not only meet Bowie, but get invited on a very successful tour with him, and become friends for life, even getting advice from David to clean up his act. Because Bowie was apparently a really nice guy. Prince... not so much.

i haven't gone through the whole thread to see if someone brought this up, but kevin smith had a similar encounter with prince. by all accounts, the guy is arrogant and a weirdo. not a good combination, in my opinion.

cool story bro...all kidding aside I have heard stories of him being a prick and being incredibly kind...he spent a lot of time in Toronto...it is human nature to deify or be an iconoclast when some one famous dies...to me they are just another person who is on another path now...

i haven't gone through the whole thread to see if someone brought this up, but kevin smith had a similar encounter with prince. by all accounts, the guy is arrogant and a weirdo. not a good combination, in my opinion.
Doesn't negate a person's artistic work at all, but yeah. Notorious dickhead from everything I've ever heard.

It does kinda make it cooler when someone is nice though. I met Wanderlei and he was literally hugging all of his fans. Lol

cool story bro...all kidding aside I have heard stories of him being a prick and being incredibly kind...he spent a lot of time in Toronto...it is human nature to deify or be an iconoclast when some one famous dies...to me they are just another person who is on another path now...
Yeah when you get right down to it we're all complicated and ultimately probably beyond each other's petty judgements.

Yeah when you get right down to it we're all complicated and ultimately probably beyond each other's petty judgements.
I would like that but teh AIDS has it's grip on me...at the end of the day none of us has walked a second in anyone elses shoes...that is why I think everyone should read to Kill a Mockingbird...

Doesn't negate a person's artistic work at all, but yeah. Notorious dickhead from everything I've ever heard.

It does kinda make it cooler when someone is nice though. I met Wanderlei and he was literally hugging all of his fans. Lol

oh, no doubt that it doesn't take away from his artistry. and agreed on wanderlei.

most geniuses are like that

I would like that but teh AIDS has it's grip on me...at the end of the day none of us has walked a second in anyone elses shoes...that is why I think everyone should read to Kill a Mockingbird...
I hope teh AIDS is metaphorical in this statement, but either way, yeah. The old adage "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" has a lot of wisdom in it for sure.

I hope teh AIDS is metaphorical in this statement, but either way, yeah. The old adage "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" has a lot of wisdom in it for sure.
My pun was not so subtle...I can't like a post while dubbed(Yellow AIDS) and there are a lot of rumors that Prince had AIDS...either way the statement you posted is too true...I'll just remember Prince for the music and great shows that I saw him perform...

most geniuses are like that
I met Thom Yorke from Radiohead once, and later found out that apparently in a lot of fan interactions he is a cunt, walking past people or even telling them to fuck off etc., but he was really nice to me. We talked about Bill Hicks & took a picture. So I guess it depends on who you ask and on what day.

I met Thom Yorke from Radiohead once, and later found out that apparently in a lot of fan interactions he is a cunt, walking past people or even telling them to fuck off etc., but he was really nice to me. We talked about Bill Hicks & took a picture. So I guess it depends on who you ask and on what day.
No doubt...everyone has bad days...all I've met was Ben zobrist from the TB rays and he was nice as can be

Saw undertaker in an airport but was too scared to talk to him as a 13 yr old because I had a stone cold shirt on lmao

My pun was not so subtle...I can't like a post while dubbed(Yellow AIDS) and there are a lot of rumors that Prince had AIDS...either way the statement you posted is too true...I'll just remember Prince for the music and great shows that I saw him perform...
Yeah I wouldn't rule out anything for Prince, 57 is young especially for a rich guy. Either way yeah I will remember his unique style & arguably underrated guitar shredding.

Back