Doom

Finished the game yesterday on Ultra Violence. I definitely made the right choice picking that on the first playthrough, made the game more intense. Now wondering if I should play it on Nightmare. I died a lot on Ultra Violence :(

Do it. UV is the warm up! Just try not to get hit :D

Really awesome when a Possessed knocks off literally all your armor and a quarter of your health with one hit.

Nightmare run completed. That was a lot of fun.

Gonna try my hand at some MP and work on the plat.

Been playing mostly snapmap with my brother

We have had some epic times

Multiplayer still sucks

Been playing this in 1 hour bursts to avoid stagnation. Its still a hell (puns lol) of a lot of fun. Most recent "oh shit" moment happened when pinkys were introduced. I just rode the subway thing and talked to the robot dude. Some of the fights were insane, actually died to a Satan looking motherfucker because I ran out of ammo.

I can only imagine the amounts of deaths on the higher difficulties. I died to one of those meatwad things and wasn't even mad because of how cool the death animation was, looking down at your own eviscerated abdominal cavity. Ain't even mad.

Been playing this in 1 hour bursts to avoid stagnation. Its still a hell (puns lol) of a lot of fun. Most recent "oh shit" moment happened when pinkys were introduced. I just rode the subway thing and talked to the robot dude. Some of the fights were insane, actually died to a Satan looking motherfucker because I ran out of ammo.

I can only imagine the amounts of deaths on the higher difficulties. I died to one of those meatwad things and wasn't even mad because of how cool the death animation was, looking down at your own eviscerated abdominal cavity. Ain't even mad.
It wasn't stagnation that was the issue it was that the game would get so intense I couldn't keep playing it for extended periods haha.

I'm actually changing my mind about difficulty settings in this game. Usually UV is my go to but I feel the game shines the most on Nightmare. I'll be doing my subsequent play throughs on that.

Shit, I somewhat jokingly put in a bid on a NIB copy of Doom 64 and ended up winning lol.

Edit: I realized while it would be cool to own one, I'd be too tempted to open it up and play it. Douche move but I cancelled it.

Last edited:
6x0YQg8vccgYekivsJOhe0tbEH9gQxGHYRG-megd_U4.jpg

I think Kenny might have followed suit with his character IRL.

Thy Flesh Consumed!

gh3IKhb.jpg

What now? Lol

Snap map coop?
That's probably the last thing I haven't messed around with.

I actually had some fun in the MP last night, it's frantic enough to where I don't give a shit if I die.

6x0YQg8vccgYekivsJOhe0tbEH9gQxGHYRG-megd_U4.jpg

I think Kenny might have followed suit with his character IRL.

I haven't played Ultra-Nightmare yet, but that is SO cool! Do you see other players' death markers everywhere (like tons of them), or does it just seem to cherry-pick people? If so, I wonder how it decides whose death markers are shown? Is it perhaps just based on recent deaths (like people who died in the last 30 minutes or hour)? Nonetheless, what an awesome little Dark Souls-like feature!

I haven't played Ultra-Nightmare yet, but that is SO cool! Do you see other players' death markers everywhere (like tons of them), or does it just seem to cherry-pick people? If so, I wonder how it decides whose death markers are shown? Is it perhaps just based on recent deaths (like people who died in the last 30 minutes or hour)? Nonetheless, what an awesome little Dark Souls-like feature!
You see quite a bit. There's a helmet on the ground where they died and that pop up. I think it only saves a player's farthest progress though. But yeah, it would have been awesome to also see their final moments in a hologram.

I didn't take that screenshot. I've only played the first level on UN for the plat trophy.

That one's from Reddit. A guy came across poor Kenny's helmet who jumped to his death in Argent D'Nur.

So close...

Lol, I bought one in good condition WITH an instruction manual for $25.

Suck it

Back