Doom

Well, I downloaded the demo for this and I have to say its definitely not my style. I can't get into it at all. Glad I didn't impulsively buy it like I normally do.

Well, I downloaded the demo for this and I have to say its definitely not my style. I can't get into it at all. Glad I didn't impulsively buy it like I normally do.
Too much duck and cover. Such a shame.

Finally coming up on the end of my Ultra Violence playthrough. I can tell you one thing: It's been a whole hell of a lot more intense (and fun) than my initial Hurt Me Plenty playthrough. Since enemies do so much more damage, I've felt the need to use the BFG, chainsaw, powerups, and even teleporters/jump pads far more than before. I've still found a few sections to be a bit easy though, especially after acquiring certain runes/upgrades, so I'm really excited about taking on Nightmare next!
Nightmare felt like a pretty big change at first. I definitely had to change my play style. Once I got used to it though it became my favorite setting. So much more intense and really makes you have to strategize.

I got to a part I can't even beat on easy. Its right after you get the BFG, destroy a gore nest and have to fight a fuck load of enemies. Once these 3 big green bastards come, I die, because it's 5 mins into the fight at that point, I'm out of ammo and there's shitty or no health drops.

Just bought it on Steam summer sales, it's 40% off! Gotta say the single player campaign is fun, I just beat the prologue and I can't wait to dig deeper. I don't plan on playing much multiplayer but I might try it here and there.

I got to a part I can't even beat on easy. Its right after you get the BFG, destroy a gore nest and have to fight a fuck load of enemies. Once these 3 big green bastards come, I die, because it's 5 mins into the fight at that point, I'm out of ammo and there's shitty or no health drops.

Gotta use the chainsaw, man. It turns enemies into ammo-pinatas!

Yeah, it's pretty much mandatory to use Glory Kills to get more ammo. You can also use the chainsaw to get tons of ammo.

Man I wish I had a gaming laptop. I really want to play this game while I'm out of town working.

Finally finished the game this morning
Fun game but it got boring towards the end and the last few levels I just wanted to get it over with
One mistake I made though is I didnt enable the Mobile Turret perk until I was in the Necropolis and that suddenly made things a lot easier
Really wish I woulda done that a lot sooner

Finally finished the game this morning
Fun game but it got boring towards the end and the last few levels I just wanted to get it over with
One mistake I made though is I didnt enable the Mobile Turret perk until I was in the Necropolis and that suddenly made things a lot easier
Really wish I woulda done that a lot sooner
Agreed. Its turning into "wait for djent, kill shit, wait for djent to stop, repeat."

Big update this Thursday!

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/44024

DOOM’s first post-launch game update is coming June 30th to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. Update #1 introduces several new features, including a Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots, and a new weapon placement view option, which centers your weapons similar to the original game. The update also includes improvements, optimizations and fixes for more commonly reported bugs. See below for a full list of everything in Update #1.

pistol.png

Haha, just what I needed. An excuse to play through this again. I can't wait to try that new weapon placement.

Haha, just what I needed. An excuse to play through this again. I can't wait to try that new weapon placement.

I'll be doing the same.

One thing I would like to see is some of the guys at id just make some single player levels and drop them on us.

Love the classic view. Feels so nice staring right down the barrel of the double shotty.

I beat the game once on Ultra-Violence, now I'm starting on Nightmare.

Gotcha, bitch. Took about 20 tries. Had to figure out the BFG timing.

Love the classic view. Feels so nice staring right down the barrel of the double shotty.

Yeah, the classic view kicks ass. I'm loving Photo Mode as well!

g1eQrH3.jpg

amHQ3g5.jpg

0RYFE1Z.jpg

Here you need to wait to grab the Quad Damage power-up. At least you need to wait on Nightmare.

I clear the top floors, wait for the Machine Mancubus to spawn (Green Guys) then grab quad damage and BFG them back to hell (there's several BFG rounds in the room so load up on them prior to pulling the Gore Nest).

Back