No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is one big fucker and his face will give me nightmares lol

View attachment 131345

24,000 light years to go to the center! Should be a day or two before I make it.

whoa, how'd you get so far? i thought you were 100+k away like i was? just nonstop warping?

how big was that guy? i had a T-rex with feathers for arms (yea, pretty much feathers for arms.. not a mistype) -- that took off half my health in one hit.. he was bigger than the abandoned building beside him... went down like a sack of potatoes, tho! the "lvl 5" or whatever rapid fire addon for the multitool is so OP for combat. i don't even try to dodge lvl 3/4 sentinels. i just stand still, hold the trigger and they melt away

I'm curious is its possible to fly to another solar system without the hyperdrive. If I just kept flying for days would I eventually get there? I doubt it. The game was probably programmed to only keep you in one solar system at a time. Can you fly into a sun?

think you hit it on the head. i think you'd just never get to the sun. it'd prolly take ages to get tehre, anyway, but still

whoa, how'd you get so far? i thought you were 100+k away like i was? just nonstop warping?

how big was that guy? i had a T-rex with feathers for arms (yea, pretty much feathers for arms.. not a mistype) -- that took off half my health in one hit.. he was bigger than the abandoned building beside him... went down like a sack of potatoes, tho! the "lvl 5" or whatever rapid fire addon for the multitool is so OP for combat. i don't even try to dodge lvl 3/4 sentinels. i just stand still, hold the trigger and they melt away

No, I was about 36,000 away yesterday. About 100 or so warps away, though. Yeah some of these guys are huge but they all seem like they go down I the same amount of hits, big or small.

No, I was about 36,000 away yesterday. About 100 or so warps away, though. Yeah some of these guys are huge but they all seem like they go down I the same amount of hits, big or small.

Are things getting more strange the closer you get to the center? Murray said the closer to the center you get, the more wacky things become. Who knows if anything he says is true anymore though.

Are things getting more strange the closer you get to the center? Murray said the closer to the center you get, the more wacky things become. Who knows if anything he says is true anymore though.
All I've noticed is the sentinels seem to get more hostile.

The ones that say there's a bonus are impossible to finish, lol. I swear some stuff is just not there. And f those birds on most planets.. can't ever analyze them
I can never analyze birds either ...

I can never analyze birds either ...
If you need to analyze a bird shoot it down and try and find it on the ground. It won't have the normal red marker to make it easy to find, but you can scan dead creatures.

those are the 3 i have, too

and i feel the same way... (re: having to save all the time for fear of crashes delaying things) & not worth it having to try to farm metals you can't find w/out getting lucky

i usually pop into the space station to do it, tho.. cause, ya know, free exosuit slot everytime and all

-------

re: omega drive and possibly atlas v2/v3 spoilers etc...
maybe the omega drive is a recipe you can get on a planet or something? i heard you can get atlas v2 recipe on a crazy planet inside of the manufacturing facilities or something...
I save the game every few minutes myself because I'm afraid of it freezing . What do you mean about free exosuit spaces in space stations? I have been having for find little booths on planets you have to buy them from

i found a planet that will let me farm 600k every 5-6 mins.

It has sac vemom everywhere and I found a termial and marked it by saving .So I just go out fill my suit up with a Sacs that are worth 26k each and then go back to termial and sell them. made 3mil quick before I got off. gonna farm it some more later and then going looking for one of them mother ships.
I saved at a terminal also for the same reason and then when I was flying around I couldn't find it again.. It wasn't popping up anywhere . Did you have to hit anything to find your waypoints on a planet ?

Getting a little dull.

I've also found a few high paying planets, with aggro drones. Probably the most fun.. running around stealing cubes.. fighting back the sentinels. But it wasn't long before I'm asking myself... why?

What do I need money for other than to buy a ship with more cargo holds... more holds to hold more stuff to sell for more money.
the game is deeper than anyone had realized. it is a metaphor for modern life, where people go working jobs they dont enjoy, so that they can make money, so they can buy materialistic things that dont make them happy. their unhappiness deceives them into wanting more material possessions, which leads them to work more and become more unhappy, and eventually raise their children and try to instill values in them such that they repeat this process all over again.

The game is meant to make you realize you play video games to fill a void that the monotony of a 9-5 has opened in your soul. you spend 60$ to try to fill it, but the void just becomes larger, now large enough to encompass the infinity of space.

when you finally reach the center of the galaxy, you'll find no satisfaction. no happiness. you will have simply achieved the same thing you already have: partaking in an infinite loop with no true joy ever having been reached. you'll be transported back to the edge of the universe, so you can go back to collecting materials so you can repeat it all again.

which is why you should play pokemon go instead. nothin monotonous about pidgeys.

I saved at a terminal also for the same reason and then when I was flying around I couldn't find it again.. It wasn't popping up anywhere . Did you have to hit anything to find your waypoints on a planet ?

no. it would jus say Termial at the save point. I wouldnt farm faw arway though. I would stay pretty close.

I ordered the LE awhile ago and just got around to tying it out today. Not sure what I really expected with this game, but I played it for an hour or so and just can't get into it. I'll give it another try tomorrow and finish gathering materials, so I can get my ship off the ground. Maybe (hopefully) I'll end up enjoying it more, when I can finally get out in space and find other planets to explore.

no. it would jus say Termial at the save point. I wouldnt farm faw arway though. I would stay pretty close.
Yeah I think I'm going to stay close to it . I always hate to walk far from my ship though .. The game freezes and I like to save after gathering like 250 gold ... That way I don't walk far and gather just to have it ruined by a game freeze

How many animals/plants do I have to find before I unlock the story mode?

The game is 60 bucks. If you play for 6 hours you'll get your money's worth.

I went to a dine in last week to watch suicide squad. Shit movie, a burger, and 3 beers cost me 60 bucks. Nintendo games cost 50 bucks in the 80s. 60 bucks for a game today is a great price.

Buy the game. It's worth it. If you hate it then you can always sell it on ebay for $40-50.

That's true. I figure also, enough people bought the game that they might actually release the updates they rumored coming in the future.

I spent $25 bucks on two tickets to SS. I was also disappointed.

Got the game this morning. Had to tweak some options (pc port yay) but i still need to find a way to tone down the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back