Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

This is ridiculous they need to hire some good known coach if connor wants to have a chance

Some of you are too stupid for words, if you don't understand what John's saying here then fuck it, can't help the helpless.
He's saying Roach is great but can't get the job done so he'll oversee Conor's training, not coach his striking.

I get it. Doesn't make it any less egotistical and fucking stupid

It's all smoke and mirrors.

My sources inside Conor's camp confirm he is having extensive training with Boxing extraordinaire Michael "The Killer Leprechaun" Conlan, and he's very serious about this.

Conor via Round 2 KO, cuz no one can take that left hand.

Of course he wants to train Conor, 10% of 50 million

What a fucking moron o_O

Qu0jmAF.jpg

His girlfriend´s hot as fuck though :rolleyes:

1nQJ9Mv.jpg

He's saying Roach is great but can't get the job done so he'll oversee Conor's training, not coach his striking.

I get it. Doesn't make it any less egotistical and fucking stupid
Yes, the best boxing coach coaching the best boxers cant beat Floyd, so why try.

It makes far more sense to be unorthodox and stick to a style he is familiar with.

Why would a boxing coach be better in that scenario...

They wouldn't, they would only try to change what Conor does best.

Yes because a bjj coach will analyze the style of the best boxer of this generation better than one of the best boxing coaches ever who knows Floyd's style inside and out. Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

Like for real, there is nothing this man can tell Conor that will help him. I'd say he's out of his comfort zone but that would be a drastic understatement. He is stepping into an entirely different world here.

You do know who Coach Kavanah is right?

Does it really matter?
Conor could have all the GOAT boxers coaching him, and it would turn out the same as Edmond coaching him.
The end result will be the same
Absolutely true.

But I also think that following the same failed formula wouldn't work even for a world-class boxer (which Conor is not). Too many fighters have gone in there with some strategy to beat Floyd, and every single one of them has failed. Something unorthodox would be better than going in there with the plan that Pacman had, because Pacman couldn't do shit.

But even with the perfect game plan, Conor is an amateur attempting to execute it against one of the GOAT boxers. That's just not gonna happen.

Mayweather PAC was a draw? You lost any ounce of credibility with that statement.

Put the pipe down son, you've toked enough already
4 million PPV buys at $100 a pop "isn't a draw" now?

Are you fucking kidding me?

The fight was absolutely terrible, like most Floyd fights, but perhaps you shouldn't be telling other people to "put the pipe down" when you're trying to argue that the single most successful PPV of all time "wasn't a draw"

What if team conor has the last laugh, unorthodox style is one of the hardest to prepare for, the element of surpise, floyd has no idea of what style conor uses in boxing so he has no tape to study to adpt too.

That mayweather vs pacquiao fight was a draw, but floyd is the only boxer who can win being super defensive, its called clout. If that were any other boxer they would have lost, look at all these slick defense boxers with no clout they take losses left and right. Lara vs canelo is an example, if floyd were not a draw the aggressor would win on the judges cards

What always made floyd "special" was that after a few rounds he figures out every opponent and starts to dominate, albeit in boring fashion.

What did you expect Kav to say after Roach all ready said he needed years to train Conor for Floyd? Roach has counted himself out with that statement alone so would you expect Kav to cry about it or come back with something like he said? I think Kav's points are pretty valid... Roach's approach didn't work.

Plus most people are overlooking the fact that Kav said he wasn't going to be Conor's "on the mat trainer"... so that means that they will bring in a boxing coach. Just cause it's not Roach isn't the end of the world.

Yes, the best boxing coach coaching the best boxers cant beat Floyd, so why try.

It makes far more sense to be unorthodox and stick to a style he is familiar with.

Why would a boxing coach be better in that scenario...

They wouldn't, they would only try to change what Conor does best.
Here is my problem with this whole thing. It is phrased to make him seem like a genius when in fact it boils down to a simple phrase.

"Our plan is...WE HAVE NO PLAN!"

Also while changing Conor's style won't help do you know what might? Having someone who fucking understands Floyd's style! Like for real, all the unorthodox striking in the world won't save him if he doesn't understand how to break through that defense. It won't help him not get countered and it won't help him not make an ass of himself.

This will do fucking nothing for Conor. He might as well not have a camp. Just cut the weight and go get it over with because not one person in that whole camp will give him a useful piece of information.

Here a few of the issues of Conor using his normal style as an added bonus:

1)Floyd is smart, he will let Conor push forward and won't throw a single punch until he finds Conor's timing. Then, once he is used to it, he will counter him relentlessly. People act like that karate stance and "weird angle" striking will stop him from being countered but it won't. Floyd knows how to read body movements. He has amazing timing. This leads to...

2)Conor's left counter is his KO punch. He loads up on it and throws it constantly. This is the first time he'll be going up against a counter puncher. With no threats of kicks or takedowns, the left becomes easier to read. Every time he fires it he'll risk eating a counter.

3) Conor does not have good striking defense. Going in with his low stance will allow Floyd to tear Conor up and make him gas quicker.

Last edited:
Wonder what his "game plan" will be to at least not look like a complete boxing-brainless immobile avocado about to be smashed into guacamole

wow is that guy retaded. it doesn't have to be Roach btu Kvanagfh isnt even a high level striking coach by MMA standards let alone boxing.

SBG is basically like Taverdyan's gym.....seriously. what has that gym done? Both gyms gott heir fame from 1 fighter who had talent anyway and the few other decent fighters they have were built somewhere else. Kavanagh isnt even the most valueable coach over there he's a BJJ guy kinda like Greg Jackson but without the corner advice and strategy. Conor has ok-ish BJJ but it isn't even what makes him good nor has Kavanagh shown to give greta strategic advice.

The most valueable coach at SBG is Conors boxing coach whoever that is

Gunnar says this post is I'll informed.

Gunnar says this post is I'll informed.

Gunnar is the kind of guy I talked about when I said some fighters were built somewhere else. Gunnar wasn't build at SBG and he wasn't at an elite gym before either safe to say he would have learned veen more at AKA or ATT in the time he has spend with SBG

didn't he fail Conor with that guy Nate?

Nate's super slow and has no combos, defense or anything else :D

Here is my problem with this whole thing. It is phrased to make him seem like a genius when in fact it boils down to a simple phrase.

"Our plan is...WE HAVE NO PLAN!"

Also while changing Conor's style won't help do you know what might? Having someone who fucking understands Floyd's style! Like for real, all the unorthodox striking in the world won't save him if he doesn't understand how to break through that defense. It won't help him not get countered and it won't help him not make an ass of himself.

This will do fucking nothing for Conor. He might as well not have a camp. Just cut the weight and go get it over with because not one person in that whole camp will give him a useful piece of information.

Here a few of the issues of Conor using his normal style as an added bonus:

1)Floyd is smart, he will let Conor push forward and won't throw a single punch until he finds Conor's timing. Then, once he is used to it, he will counter him relentlessly. People act like that karate stance and "weird angle" striking will stop him from being countered but it won't. Floyd knows how to read body movements. He has amazing timing. This leads to...

2)Conor's left counter is his KO punch. He loads up on it and throws it constantly. This is the first time he'll be going up against a counter puncher. With no threats of kicks or takedowns, the left becomes easier to read. Every time he fires it he'll risk eating a counter.

3) Conor does not have good striking defense. Going in with his low stance will allow Floyd to tear Conor up and make him gas quicker.
A lot of silly assumptions in there, and he will have a plan.

Point is, it won't be to try to out box the boxer.

Back