Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

Just the way he's talking about the Philly Shell D means he's done and has no chance.

Offense will be the LAST thing on Conor's mind once he gets in there :D

wow is that guy retaded. it doesn't have to be Roach btu Kvanagfh isnt even a high level striking coach by MMA standards let alone boxing.

SBG is basically like Taverdyan's gym.....seriously. what has that gym done? Both gyms gott heir fame from 1 fighter who had talent anyway and the few other decent fighters they have were built somewhere else. Kavanagh isnt even the most valueable coach over there he's a BJJ guy kinda like Greg Jackson but without the corner advice and strategy. Conor has ok-ish BJJ but it isn't even what makes him good nor has Kavanagh shown to give greta strategic advice.

The most valueable coach at SBG is Conors boxing coach whoever that is

Paddy Holohan tho

Gunnar is the kind of guy I talked about when I said some fighters were built somewhere else. Gunnar wasn't build at SBG and he wasn't at an elite gym before either safe to say he would have learned veen more at AKA or ATT in the time he has spend with SBG
Kavanagh has been Gunni's coach since he was 17 years old.

A lot of silly assumptions in there, and he will have a plan.

Point is, it won't be to try to out box the boxer.
Let me rephrase that. It isn't no plan. It is "Do what you always do" which is just as bad.

Doing what he normally does will fuck him over. Trying to change will fuck him over. This whole thing is a shit show

Let me rephrase that. It isn't no plan. It is "Do what you always do" which is just as bad.

Doing what he normally does will fuck him over. Trying to change will fuck him over. This whole thing is a shit show
His chances are slim no matter what, I think he's got a better chance of catching Floyd fighting in a style no one else has ever tried.

So its as good a plan as is available to him.

His chances are slim no matter what, I think he's got a better chance of catching Floyd fighting in a style no one else has ever tried.

So its as good a plan as is available to him.
It's better than nothing but Floyd will be training for that. His camp will be nothing but learning how to counter and dodge Coner's left.

I don't believe in impossibilities but this is as close to hopeless as it gets. It is the best chance that he has but it doesn't make this plan good. It is fucking awful but they literally have no other options.

4 million PPV buys at $100 a pop "isn't a draw" now?

Are you fucking kidding me?

The fight was absolutely terrible, like most Floyd fights, but perhaps you shouldn't be telling other people to "put the pipe down" when you're trying to argue that the single most successful PPV of all time "wasn't a draw"

My bad I thought he was referring the the outcome of the fight. Wasn't even close

Roach is a garbage corner man, all hes really good at is holding up mitts...You can roast me all you want for saying that but more boxing experts would agree.

Hones question to all of you boxing fans out there. Is Freddy Roach really that good of a trainer now days? Dose he really add a lot to fighters thats already on top of their game before they got hes help? I have no doubt he did great things in the past, but we all know how people can live of their reputation for years before they get laid off.

With that logic he should never have trained Conor for his rematch against Nate.

Just realized the more likely reason is Conor doesn't want to give some outside coach a cut of his earnings, on top of John

It's not Freddie's fault pacquiao couldn't do shit

He should stick to writing books nobody reads. Warehouses need to fill more space to collect dust.
I bought a copy and downloaded it on kindle so I can read it whenever I want. Great book. I'll PM you the link so you can download it for $10. You won't regret it. You win or you learn!

been out of the loop for a while... is this actually happening? What a shit show lol

I think he's right. Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight boxing match and being a traditional boxer. He's going to have to fight like an MMA fight. Stay on the outside, use angles and throw awkward shots at weird angles Floyd isn't used to seeing.

Conor's only chance is by being different.

Except that it IS a straight boxing match. You can't make it like an MMA fight, because it's a boxing match, so you can't kick, you can't take down, you can't hold and hit, there is no cage, you have to try to KO someone hitting them with about three times the padding in the gloves.

Stay on the outside, use angles, throw awkward shots? What makes you think Mayweather "isn't used to seeing" that? That's what boxers do. That's what he does, and understands, better than anyone else.

Back