Cop arrests nurse for doing her job

my take is this: even though the nurse was in the right, she should have accepted the arrest. there was no need to go insane and yell and scream. the cop was not going to hurt her. once they reached the police station, i'm sure things would have been sorted out. no matter who is right or wrong, the cop is always in control of the situation, so don't resist if the cop is insistent on arresting you. my two cents on this incident.

Years ago, in an English city, three CID officers in plain clothes tried to arrest a man they believed to be a suspect in a violent crime. They made two mistakes.

1)They didn't identifty themselves as police officers before putting their hands on him.

2)They got the wrong guy. He wasn't the suspect. He was, however, a very good Kickboxer. He reacted instinctively, and put all three morons in hospital.

Of course, he was arrested and charged with Grevious Bodily Harm, among other things. At the trial, all charges were dismissed because the coppers hadn't announced themselves before getting physical.

Years ago, in an English city, three CID officers in plain clothes tried to arrest a man they believed to be a suspect in a violent crime. They made two mistakes.

1)They didn't identifty themselves as police officers before putting their hands on him.

2)They got the wrong guy. He wasn't the suspect. He was, however, a very good Kickboxer. He reacted instinctively, and put all three morons in hospital.

Of course, he was arrested and charged with Grevious Bodily Harm, among other things. At the trial, all charges were dismissed because the coppers hadn't announced themselves before getting physical.

wow. talk about a huge mistake by those cops lol.

Can you explain what you disagree with specifically in my post without getting upset?

the article you posted cited the nurse not giving the truck drivers blood to the officer.

the officer MAY have authority to do so under FMCSA law

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/states

So the nurse is interfering in an investigation (from the officers perspective) by not handing the blood over to the cop.

as @jgarner posted the law doesnt specifically state that the officer can take blood of the driver because hes not "on duty" or "operating the vehicle"
due to hin being in the hospital

so the grey area here is probably going to win the nurse some money in a lawsuit but due to the officer operating under what he thought was the law, hes probably not going to be repremanded.

Per the articles online, "Implied Consent" has not been policy there since 2007 for blood draw and confirmed by a Supreme Court ruling in 2016.

You have refused to admit your error and continued to double down with your snarky replies.

Unacceptable but the administrator on the phone didn't do her any favors by talking down to the cop like that. Most cops are bullies and he wouldn't have liked being made to look small like that admin did to him. At the same time though, she shouldn't have got into a conversation with the cop about it at all. She should have just refused and said admin is on their way to sort this out and got back to work. Cop s 100% at fault but the nurses and admin obviously need a better system in place for situations like this. Maybe just ban cops from the hospital and have internal security who work for the hospital deal with stuff like this.

Per the articles online, "Implied Consent" has not been policy there since 2007 for blood draw and confirmed by a Supreme Court ruling in 2016.

You have refused to admit your error and continued to double down with your snarky replies.
Missouri v Mcneely states that is "generally" true, FMCSA law may have a second say.

my point is this is a case for the courtroom not a cursing match on an mma forum.

the Court left open the possibility that the "exigent circumstances" exception to that general requirement might apply in some drunk-driving cases.[4]

Can you explain what you disagree with specifically in my post without getting upset?

the article you posted cited the nurse not giving the truck drivers blood to the officer.

the officer MAY have authority to do so under FMCSA law

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/states

So the nurse is interfering in an investigation (from the officers perspective) by not handing the blood over to the cop.

as @jgarner posted the law doesnt specifically state that the officer can take blood of the driver because hes not "on duty" or "operating the vehicle"
due to hin being in the hospital

so the grey area here is probably going to win the nurse some money in a lawsuit but due to the officer operating under what he thought was the law, hes probably not going to be repremanded.

That only applies to breath and saliva. The Supreme Court explicitly found in 2016 that implied consent does not apply to taking blood. There is no gray area. What the cop did simply is unlawful.

Unacceptable but the administrator on the phone didn't do her any favors by talking down to the cop like that. Most cops are bullies and he wouldn't have liked being made to look small like that admin did to him.

see this is the problem with cops right there ..... We all know you have to handle them with kid gloves on or they become violent and dangerous ..... Cops should not have the right to go any harder at you because you didnt talk to them like they are the king of the world and yet they do and we allow it.

i seen there was another thread without a link posted.

can you point to where im incorrect in my assessment? i didnt see any posts outlining that the unconscious truck driver may have forfeited his right to refuse searches.

what do you disagree with?
I'm not saying that your assessment is incorrect (it may very well be), however, those who make a claim, must provide the evidence to support it. Otherwise, that which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

The burden of proof is not on the person skeptical of any claim, the burden of proof is with the person making the claim.

In the woods, Internet sporadic, unintentional triple post...Back to the matter as to why, same answer...what don't you understand, we are surrounded by incompetent assholes, this cop will be held accountable if he broke the law

actually, he probably won't be held accountable. At most he'll get suspended for a week after opening the city up to a lawsuit.

LOL... Take your batteries out robot,

Aren't cops suppose to do great things? I mean that is their job right? To serve and protect. Explain what this lunatic cop was serving and protecting in this video?

That's like giving credit to the painter for painting the house correctly. WOO HOO. But when he paints the house black we are supposed to say, well, well, he did the first 10 correctly.
Lol at their job being to do great things. Their job is to enforce the law, which they did in this video.

Believe it or not, it's assault if medical personnel treat you without consent or extenuating circumstances like unconsciousness or altered mental status.

Unacceptable but the administrator on the phone didn't do her any favors by talking down to the cop like that. Most cops are bullies and he wouldn't have liked being made to look small like that admin did to him. At the same time though, she shouldn't have got into a conversation with the cop about it at all. She should have just refused and said admin is on their way to sort this out and got back to work. Cop s 100% at fault but the nurses and admin obviously need a better system in place for situations like this. Maybe just ban cops from the hospital and have internal security who work for the hospital deal with stuff like this.

Perhaps, but in the end they were mad at what the admin was saying to them. She was just the messenger. He arrested her because he thought they could intimidate her into helping them break the law.

before we crucify a cop over a 1 minute clip i think we should consider that there might be some state laws that require blood tests from a cdl driver involved in a scene of a crime (even if it wasnt his fault) due to implied consent rules, (not a lawyer but cdl drivers forfeit more legally than the average driver as far as i know)

also, the nurse states hospital policy, not state law.

No the nurse is quoting the terms of a contract that the police had signed prior. She even says it in the video. If they didnt want to follow it why did they sign the contract before?

Perhaps, but in the end they were mad at what the admin was saying to them. She was just the messenger. He arrested her because he thought they could intimidate her into helping them break the law.

That's exactly what I said....

see this is the problem with cops right there ..... We all know you have to handle them with kid gloves on or they become violent and dangerous ..... Cops should not have the right to go any harder at you because you didnt talk to them like they are the king of the world and yet they do and we allow it.

When my dad was dying we had to call an ambulance a few weeks prior and my neighbour at the time, who was a cop, came up to me as I was getting into my truck and started interrogating me about it. I told him not to worry about it (basically politely told him to mind his own business) and he got so fucking mad. He couldn't fathom that I didn't just immediately roll over and give him whatever info he wanted. Hasn't spoken to me since and it's been 7 years. Granted I'm not over there that often any more.

That's true of a lot of different groups of people in our society, not just cops. I used to work in liquor stores and until you've refused service to people, you don't know how entitled they are. All I'll say is there's one certain group that really really really doesn't take it well. Like to the point of threatening physical violence.

Back