• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trump Insults Widow of Soldier Killed in Niger Scandal = Benghazi

She would be the one who created the issue with a lie. It's an ugly charge to make. Now if he did say it and is denying it, I don't think that lie would be as bad. He'd be lying to cover up his despicable remark out of self interest and while he'd be held accountable for the lie, I think Wilson making up the thing outright is much more damning and would require her resignation. Her lie is slander at a very high level.

Well, if she's telling the truth, Trump's lies to cover up insulting a war widow would be a bigger failure of office than her reporting falsehoods heard from a war widow to the media. The consequences still don't line up, unless you're only really capable of assigning blame to her. If he's lying, this begins at Trump, he would be the one who created the issue.

trump offended a military widow ! meanie! shit looks like that might not work .. he recorded a conversation you say? .. now we got him .. again .. I think .. trump recorded their conversation! meanie! ! wah wah wah
You dorks deflecting every shitty thing that Trump gets called out on for doing by replying with sarcasm is really not funny.

I have zero issue if it was recorded by the WH, though don't think it necessarily would be out of protocol given the personal nature of the call. However I don't think Trump has a recording either. He probably has a witness or two whowere sitting in the room with him when he made the call and is just fishing to make sure the family didn't record the conversation themselves first.

It's going to come down to a he said/she said with both sides believing what they want to believe about the other.

Its a joke.
You said this was comparable to Trump calling out the 6 NFL players that kneeled, and then all of them started kneeling.

Now Trump is insulting 4 dead soldiers in Niger, so soon all of the soldiers are going to start dying as a "fuck you" to Trump.

I have zero issue if it was recorded by the WH, though don't think it necessarily would be out of protocol given the personal nature of the call. However I don't think Trump has a recording either. He probably has a witness or two whowere sitting in the room with him when he made the call and is just fishing to make sure the family didn't record the conversation themselves first.

It's going to come down to a he said/she said with both sides believing what they want to believe about the other.
Actually it’s she said that she said
Hold on...
During the five minute call, Wilson said, Trump told Johnson that her 25-year-old husband 'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

I think he should be forced to do casualty assistance.

Be a damn good wakeup call for him.

Listening to CNN it is like they think he picked up the phone, said "meh, he knew what he signed up for.", burped and then hung up on her.

The host thought it was ludicrous when someone said that they felt sure there was more to the convo, that he certainly offered his condolences and thanked for service.

Literally shrieked "Based on what?!?" When it was suggested...so blinded by hate for Trump

Its not even directly he said/she said though, because the widow isn't the one making the claim against Trump. That's what makes this whole story ridiculous. The widow hasn't spoken either about the content of the call, nor said she felt insulted by it. Its other people being offended on her behalf, over something alleged by a 3rd party who claims to have heard a portion of the call.

Well, if she's telling the truth, Trump's lies to cover up insulting a war widow would be a bigger failure of office than her reporting falsehoods heard from a war widow to the media. The consequences still don't line up, unless you're only really capable of assigning blame to her. If he's lying, this begins at Trump, he would be the one who created the issue.
I don't think it was insulting, it was inartful and inconsiderate but I don't think it was intentional or done with any malice. I just don't think Trump is all that good with words. It would show lack of empathy and a certain "going through the motions" by spouting off cliches. He's calling the congresswoman a liar. The congresswoman said she was paraphrasing - "This is what he signed up for" could be a intentionally inflammatory paraphrase.

I think he should be forced to do casualty assistance.

Be a damn good wakeup call for him.
During the five minute call, Wilson said, Trump told Johnson that her 25-year-old husband 'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

I don't think it was insulting, it was inartful and inconsiderate but I don't think it was intentional or done with any malice. I just don't think Trump is all that good with words. It would show lack of empathy and a certain "going through the motions" by spouting off cliches. He's calling the congresswoman a liar. The congresswoman said she was paraphrasing - "This is what he signed up for" could be a intentionally inflammatory paraphrase.

Why don't you call it for what it's actually being called? The President said something stupid. That's it. Ignore the people overblowing it, but don't try to craft it into something it isn't, just so you can dismiss it like a partisan hack.

You can still think Trump just the greatest while admitting he chose his words poorly here.

So what your saying is Trump is Dan Quayle if he ran and won?

Now Wilson is saying she has proof too. Someone better piss or get off the pot.

Both of them need to shut the fuck up on this. She was wrong to publicly attack him for it to score political points, and he was wrong to fight back in the way he did.

"I have proof!"

"Nuh-uh, I have proof!"

"Liar!"

"No, you're the liar"

*Widow grieves silently in the corner*

Go to your rooms, children. Holy shit.

Now Wilson is saying she has proof too. Someone better piss or get off the pot.
She already said admitted to saying this

Hey look here, the mother fucker has shown us time and time again who he really is, if you want to make adjustments to your moral compass just to appease the man then thats on you, but I'm gonna believe the Freudian Slips and move accordingly.

Dig?

I'm really starting to miss it.

Like for real, Obama needs to go give a speech and call Trump an asshole or something and get him all mad.

I'm sure Obama would be a brilliant Trump troll if he wanted. I think Obama knows how incredibly influential he could be here, especially if he weighed in on stuff like the NFL protests, so he just doesn't want to say anything.

29fwi7m.jpg

I'm not bothered by it in print either. The concern is really how the grieving widow took it though. If the widow was sincerely upset and told her congresswoman, that's something that warrants a call to the press. If she's mentioned it in passing and the congresswoman jumped on a phrase to get publicity, that's some shameful shit. In neither case is it something that commands resignation from office, but whoever did this woman wrong should have to face it down during his or ber next election.

Back