Cops episode just illustrated alot of what's wrong with policing in the US

no, they are not. 1989?? you are obviously speaking out of your ass. a lot of shit changed since Rodney King's incident in the early 90s, especially police's use of force.

My dad was in LAPD from 1979-2000 and i've been a cop since 2007. He said a lot of shit he did back in those days were acceptable, but nowadays that same shit would get me prosecuted & fired

Very true. I have said much of the same things. People I have worked with have done things that would get us fired at the very least, but likely in prison. Yet, people still have some romantic opinion of policing “back in the day.” And the reality is the neighborhood friendly policeman has changed since neighborhoods essentially have changed since the 80s- a lot.

By running for that mile is probably already considered resisting and the adrenaline in the cops is probably off the charts.

Imagine doing this for 5 years, you get ancy.

I can't decide who I hate more, asshole cops or the bigoted trash that puts these pigs on a pedestal. They are not "heroes" they are opportunistic bullies abusing their power. I won't lose a second of sleep over a dead cop. You reap what you sow.

Lol. Wow.

America has a lot of shitty, shitty people. The more shitty people you have, the more shitty cops you're likely to have - both because they're drawn from the general population and because they regularly have to deal with the shittiest constituents of shitty populations.

Going into conniptions over asshole cops is not going to fix anything.
Want to fix your cop problem? It's the same as pretty much anything else: fix your people problem.

Not saying all Americans are shitty, just lots of them.

Very true. I have said much of the same things. People I have worked with have done things that would get us fired at the very least, but likely in prison. Yet, people still have some romantic opinion of policing “back in the day.” And the reality is the neighborhood friendly policeman has changed since neighborhoods essentially have changed since the 80s- a lot.
yup. not to mention there are more minority and women cops now. for example, 44% of lapd cops are minority and 20% females.

So he shouldn't have attacked a man who was following him with a gun?

you sound like cnn .. he didn't know he had a gun .. he pulled it out when he was being gnp'd .. he attacked a guy who was following him and annoying him in his mind

you sound like cnn .. he didn't know he had a gun .. he pulled it out when he was being gnp'd .. he attacked a guy who was following him and annoying him in his mind

There is absolutely no evidence that he was being GnP besides his own testimony.

If Trayvon had shot Martin and thus controlled the narrative he would be a free man too, he could had said that he feared for his life when a man was following him with a gun.

Civil forfeiture is the only thing that pissed me off.

I have a retired cop buddy who said they used to tune people up just to get a confession. They did all kinds of shit they could not even try to get away with now.

Yes, and almost every interaction I've had with them has been negative. Usually over nothing.
you must be a very outstanding individual/citizen.

if one cop is being an asshole to you, then he may be an asshole.

if multiple cops being an asshole to you in separate/unrelated incidents, then you are the asshole.

Last edited:
Yes, and almost every interaction I've had with them has been negative. Usually over nothing.
Usually over nothing?

But sometimes something ?

Of course your interactions will be negative then. They’re looking for that something

ITT we learn that some individuals base their opinion regarding the police entirely on TV re-runs.

The show cops is basically a documentary on how not to do police work anymore. Watch Live PD for a bit more accurate current day policing...

Usually over nothing?

But sometimes something ?

Of course your interactions will be negative then. They’re looking for that something

Usually "wrong place at the wrong time" situations which is pretty common if you're in a town full of inbred asshole cops.

There is absolutely no evidence that he was being GnP besides his own testimony.

If Trayvon had shot Martin and thus controlled the narrative he would be a free man too, he could had said that he feared for his life when a man was following him with a gun.

you weren't paying attention .. there was a witness

Back