Black woman gets probation for kidnapping white mentally ill man who was tortured on Facebook Live

Try assault with a deadly weapon (they cut him with a knife), criminal threats (threatened to “shank” him while holding a knife on him), torture (they tied a cord around his throat and strangled him), the obvious hate crime aspect, then all of the aggravating factors you could add to the assault and kidnapping etc. to name a few.

Torture isn't a civilian crime in Illinois.
Illinois' criminal codes on what I would categorize "criminal threats" into generally contemplates gang activity and prolonged and meditated intimidation
The cap for "assault with a deadly weapon" for usage of a knife to cut someone is a year in prison, as it's a Class A Misdemeanor

There wasn’t really a need for a plea bargin if they recorded and brodcasted the crimes. Sounds like the DA went easy.

The reason for plea bargains is to facilitate quick turnaround and not cost the taxpayers exponentially more money and waste what precious little time prosecutors have.

The vast majority of plea bargains are reached under circumstances where the state has a very solid case.

What a story. Who gives a fuck about this issue on a political sub forum? Seems like it just gives the resident racists, republicans and other right wingers another opportunity to shine.

giphy.gif

Torture isn't a civilian crime in Illinois.
Illinois' criminal codes on what I would categorize "criminal threats" into generally contemplates gang activity and prolonged and meditated intimidation
The cap for "assault with a deadly weapon" for usage of a knife to cut someone is a year in prison, as it's a Class A Misdemeanor

Aggravated assault is a felony in Illinois, with a penalty up to 3 years in state prison. They met aggravated assault requirements in spades. There are numerous enhancers for almost all of the charges that could easily exceed a year for each charge.

She got off easy.

Seems light but that article wants you to think that. Id like a few more facts about the case.

Did you know that it's racist to talk about black people like this?

Not really but it does high light the kind of audience they are targeting with the story.

The reason for plea bargains is to facilitate quick turnaround and not cost the taxpayers exponentially more money and waste what precious little time prosecutors have.

The vast majority of plea bargains are reached under circumstances where the state has a very solid case.

Usually, the level of the plea also depends on the evidence. If a DA has a case that they know they have a 60-70% chance of winning they’ll offer a better deal than a DA who knows to an almost certainty that he can get a conviction on all charges.

That’s fair but I’d like to see some consistency. If I ever (not saying I will) abducted and held someone prisoner for 3 days, tied a rope around their neck and cut their clothes off with a knife. Beat them, strangled them, made them drink from a toilet all while yelling racial slurs, and broadcasted it on Facebook, I hope I do less than a year in lockup and get 4 years probation.

Probation and time served for kidnapping and torture? Come on now. You can do better than that Cook County DA.

What would you have charged to her with to get MORE than one year in jail and four years probation?

This looks like (1) Assault/battery and (2) unlawful restraint

I know the white victims here want to claim their white victimhood, but just looking at the law, it looks like the punishment was probably as much as the DA could wring out of the facts.
White victim hood?

What would you say if three white guys kidnapped and tortured a black guy on Facebook live?

More people upset about this than the dude being murdered by the cop. Nice.

Probation and time served for kidnapping and torture? Come on now. You can do better than that Cook County DA.
Women always get a slap on the wrist when it comes to the legal system. Not even juvenile males would get away with a sentence that lenient.

really? i wonder why that is that they are worse?
in county, you could be in with anybody - many are waiting to be transferred to their prison assignments. in the federal system, prosecutors and judges can make recommendations, but the justice department will actually make your prison assignment (work camp, minimum security, medium, etc.) by the time you hit prison, you have been segregated with criminals with like crimes. many in federal prisons are in for nonviolent offenses for drugs and white collar crime (like embezzling, fraud, etc.).

White victim hood?

What would you say if three white guys kidnapped and tortured a black guy on Facebook live?

If the black community were otherwise at the top of the racial hierarchy and was using that instance to insist on a false narrative that they were being oppressed more than the persons under their heel, then yes, I would say the same.

If the black community were otherwise at the top of the racial hierarchy and was using that instance to insist on a false narrative that they were being oppressed more than the persons under their heel, then yes, I would say the same.
You are insane

The richest woman on earth is black, shut the fuck up with your inequality. It's called effort put forth. Statistics don't lie, black males fail their community in record numbers. That's not an opinion, it's stats.

stop blaming everyone else, it's literally pathetic

really? i wonder why that is that they are worse?

Fed's have lube provided. Although it is really only the men affected by this.
In county you are lucky to get a stick of butter.
maxresdefault.jpg

If the black community were otherwise at the top of the racial hierarchy

So, what race do you think is atop the racial hierarchy. Based on your username I don't think you are going to say Slavs.

You are insane

You're right. Let's bend due process to meet the will of an anxious white majority.

You're acting like the sentencing would have been any different if the races were reversed, and it almost certainly would not have. If anything, in light of sentencing data, we could reliably predicted that the white perpetrator would get off with a far lighter sentence.

You're right. Let's bend due process to meet the will of an anxious white majority.

You're acting like the sentencing would have been any different if the races were reversed, and it almost certainly would not have. If anything, in light of sentencing data, we could reliably predicted that the white perpetrator would get off with a far lighter sentence.
Ok, you really are insane

Three white males kidnapp and torture black retarded young boy.

You telling me that wouldn't get a different outcome than probation for a year?

Back