I believe Rigo

He quit plain and simple. There’s no way it’s a fracture if he could move his hand like that without being in the worst pain possible. Looks like he wanted an easy way out after being embarrassed.

Btw, did anyone notice someone putting a plastic crown on Lomachenko after the stoppage and Loma Sr. saying no and taking it off?

Come on dude. He was getting absolutely clowned and embarrassed. Hand injury my ass.
So lets see if loma has the balls to also move up and fight Crawford. He would get blown in 5 or less, and he's young, compared to a old rigo.

So lets see if loma has the balls to also move up and fight Crawford. He would get blown in 5 or less, and he's young, compared to a old rigo.
Crawford will be at 147 before long. I would like to see him fight Garcia.

Rigo probably never been in that situation in his life,and like Duran,just couldn't take it.

im pretty sure that rigo and his 37-year-old body knew that the situation could be coming

and he had a plan all worked out should it have come

i mean, loma destroyed walters who destroyed rigos best win.

<mma3>

You need to fix ya life,so you don't gotta get your jolies by callin gold medalists "quitter" on the internet \\

I played a full game game at q.b.with a broken hand and wrist on my throwing hand. I was paid nothing, was 16. And also played defense the entire game. And didn’t mention it until after the game. We lost pretty badly.

Loma gave him serious doubts from early on and he found his way out. There’s nothing commendable about that. He felt he couldn’t win so he quit.

He was a great amateur. One of the best ever but that doesn’t make him a lion hearted pro fighter.

It’s kind of odd that some fans are ok with rigondeauxs decision.

Others will see that he just committed career suicide over a hurt hand.

Look, I'm a fan of Rigo, more so Loma, but no version of Rigo, bigger, younger, more motivated, beats Loma. Time to move on.

I played a full game game at q.b.with a broken hand and wrist on my throwing hand. I was paid nothing, was 16. And also played defense the entire game. And didn’t mention it until after the game. We lost pretty badly.

Loma gave him serious doubts from early on and he found his way out. There’s nothing commendable about that. He felt he couldn’t win so he quit.

He was a great amateur. One of the best ever but that doesn’t make him a lion hearted pro fighter.

It’s kind of odd that some fans are ok with rigondeauxs decision.

Others will see that he just committed career suicide over a hurt hand.

You played QB with a broken hand and wrist on your throwing hand? Somehow, I don't believe you.

In this case also in weight

Weight played no factor in this fight at all. It just wasn't that sort of fight. Lomachenko out boxed him with movement, speed and sheer skill.

He made his mind up about quitting once he realised the referee wasn't going to allow him to hold and spoil his way through twelve rounds.

Adversity and Rigo seems to be synonyms. Even when he boxed and won in a superb fashion, he had to face the criticism of many who didnt appreciate his style and capmpaigned to make him irrelevant (even his own promoter...).
He is no longer the pugilist he once was, and in particular he already lost the skills to present a competitive fight against Loma. Loma show him this hard reality... After so much adversity, the realization of his diminishing capacity finally broke him, and ultimately demoralized,.. he simply surrender..

I think it's entirely possible his hand was hurt, but a broken hand is never justification for quitting at the highest levels of boxing. He cashed out and then took the easy way out when he saw he had no chance. When you're fighting at the elite level of boxing and have put together the body of work that Rigondeaux has in the past, you're held to a high standard and Rigondeaux did not live up to that standard.

You played QB with a broken hand and wrist on your throwing hand? Somehow, I don't believe you.

Awesome. Thank you. I’m real and you can’t believe it. It was 98 and we ran an option offense.
That must say something about your whole outlook on life.” Wah I’m hurt or don’t feel good I can’t go on””
I’ve broken my hands fingers many times over the years.
It’s not an unbearable paIn. Maybe it is to you. And I can’t think of a lot of things it prevented me from doing.

I bet you call into work sick a lot and take a lot of me days.
Did you take off of work for your birthday this year?
I’m not a man like you soft modern men.
You think I’m a mythical force but you have a boys mentality. Even if your an adult man.

Awesome. Thank you. I’m real and you can’t believe it. It was 98 and we ran an option offense.
That must say something about your whole outlook on life.” Wah I’m hurt or don’t feel good I can’t go on””
It’s not an unbearable paIn. Maybe it is to you. And I can’t think of a lot of things it prevented me from doing.

You think I’m a mythical force but you have a boys mentality. Even if your an adult man.

Edit. I played the Next 3 games as well.

Edit. I played the Next 3 games as well.

Playing high school football as a quarterback
=
Fighting Lomachenko coming up two weight classes at 37 with inactivity and speed/size disadvantage

Playing high school football as a quarterback
=
Fighting Lomachenko coming up two weight classes at 37 with inactivity and speed/size disadvantage

What’s the difference mentally?

I watched it because you :eek::eek::eek:gs were all over the place saying it was gonna be great and a masterpiece. Lol it was like usual “ boxing garbage” using all the rules to limit fighting. Loma is good though. I’ve wathched a few highlights!
Fans like you make me embarrassed being MMA fan.

And yes Rigo just simply quit some of his fanboys are so blind eye rejects to admit the truth. He's a good fighter but no match for Loma.

I played football for about a half hour with a broken orbital dude after I collide heads with someone on a tackle (no helmet pickup football). Yeah, I couldn't see and it was a pain to tackle, but it wasn't a big deal.

I played QB since I was like 6. You can't grip a football with a broken hand dude. If you can, you're the first and only person to have done it.

And, noI haven't take a day off from work in 20 years for anything.

I played football for about a half hour with a broken orbital dude. Yeah, I couldn't see and it was a pain to tackle, but it wasn't a big deal.

I played QB since I was like 6. You can't grip a football with a broken hand dude. If you can, you're the first and only person to have done it.

Thank you I suppose. I can securely hold a football with my index finger and my thumb. I don’t have hands or size of a koala bear though.

Injuries like that were common. Everyone had busted up hands and saying my hand hurts take me out of the game you would be viewed as the biggest pussy in the school.

My children won’t play football.

Back